Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 01:57 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsumok View Post
Throw all the problems of society upon a single group, it is a common good populist tactic to meet the average citizen, usually a person with little critical thinking.

Someone up there posted the expenditure that the state has with illegal, but conveniently not posted the earnings. Earnings that often do not return to them, as also posted up there, just some few walfare programs are available for them, and other HUGE benefits of our modern society are note, like access to police and other public services, because they have fear. Not to mention the expenditure that the government has with the education of every citizen (100k per child, search on Google), while with the immigrant this, of course, not happen, they get a beautiful manpower for free that another country has invested money in it.

Except that "group" is here illegally. So it's not like a normal "group". And no, we are not blaming all the problems of our society on them but they certainly are a contributing factor. Illegal aliens never pay in enough taxes to cover their enormous social costs. Consider any taxes they don't get back to help cover those costs. They get a lot of welfare costs thru their anchor babies. It costs us billions in education and healthcare for them. Manpower for free? What does that mean? Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants" either.

Here are a few links for you:

Most Illegal Immigrant Families Collect Welfare - Judicial Watch

Tax Credits for Illegal Immigrants

The Financial Costs of Illegal Immigration

Old 12-23-2015, 02:09 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
5 Myths about immigration

"It's true that an influx of new workers pushes wages down, but immigration also stimulates growth by creating new consumers, entrepreneurs and investors. As a result of this growth, economists estimate that wages for the vast majority of American workers are slightly higher than they would be without immigration."

Interesting: "U.S. workers WITHOUT A HIGH SCHOOL DEGREE experience wage declines as a result of competition from immigrants, but these losses are modest, at just over 1 percent. Economists also estimate that for each job an immigrant fills, an additional job is created."

---- Man, for a business owner choose an illegal immigrant who can not speak English, have little schooling, came from an underdeveloped country, and also they risk getting a penalty, mannn, I guess the problem ir you(somebody), not the immigrant, and I don't believe that the economy that he will make paying lower wages compensates all this, the problem is clearly another...

https://www.aclu.org/immigration-myths-and-facts

Washington Times Pushes Myth That Immigrants Steal Jobs From African-Americans | Blog | Media Matters for America

Myths and migration | The Economist

FACCCTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
I still don't believe your sources, sorry. Especially with so MANY people out there who'd like to work but CAN'T because many employers want slaves AKA as illegal aliens.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:10 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
5 Myths about immigration

"It's true that an influx of new workers pushes wages down, but immigration also stimulates growth by creating new consumers, entrepreneurs and investors. As a result of this growth, economists estimate that wages for the vast majority of American workers are slightly higher than they would be without immigration."

Interesting: "U.S. workers WITHOUT A HIGH SCHOOL DEGREE experience wage declines as a result of competition from immigrants, but these losses are modest, at just over 1 percent. Economists also estimate that for each job an immigrant fills, an additional job is created."

---- Man, for a business owner choose an illegal immigrant who can not speak English, have little schooling, came from an underdeveloped country, and also they risk getting a penalty, mannn, I guess the problem ir you(somebody), not the immigrant, and I don't believe that the economy that he will make paying lower wages compensates all this, the problem is clearly another...

https://www.aclu.org/immigration-myths-and-facts

Washington Times Pushes Myth That Immigrants Steal Jobs From African-Americans | Blog | Media Matters for America

Myths and migration | The Economist

FACCCTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Excuse me, but the only reason any employers hire illegal aliens is because they work cheaper and will therefore increase their profits. They don't care if they can speak English or not. They hire someone who is bi-lingual to be their bosses. I wish you'd quit calling illegal aliens "immigrants" also. Many blue-collared workers such as in the construction industry already held those jobs but lost them to cheap, illegal labor and their greedy employers. Their greedy employers pass their social costs on to us also. Illegal aliens do not contribute anything to our society or regular law abiding Americans. They take from us.

As for any illegal aliens being bright enough to start a business who do you think they hire if not their fellow illegals or someone from their own ethnic group that speaks their language? It does not increase job opportunities for English speaking Americans. You keep quoting things about "immigration" when clearly immigration is not "illegal" immigration. You have no viable facts about "illegal" immigration. They are a net negative to our society. Besides, shouldn't the fact that they are here illegally in violation of our immigration laws be the focus? We are a nation of laws, you know.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:26 PM

14 posts, read 8,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Except that "group" is here illegally. So it's not like a normal "group". And no, we are not blaming all the problems of our society on them but they certainly are a contributing factor. Illegal aliens never pay in enough taxes to cover their enormous social costs. Consider any taxes they don't get back to help cover those costs. They get a lot of welfare costs thru their anchor babies. It costs us billions in education and healthcare for them. Manpower for free? What does that mean? Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants" either.

Here are a few links for you:

Most Illegal Immigrant Families Collect Welfare - Judicial Watch

Tax Credits for Illegal Immigrants

The Financial Costs of Illegal Immigration
No? Look for the others comments, here and in the internet, is the same tipes of arguments, since the wound on the toe of redneck, up to because he can't get a job (drunk, lazy, is not punctual, doesn't comply).

"Illegal aliens never pay in enough taxes to cover their enormous social costs." Prove.

You can't let your biases disrupt your judgment. And this argument is not one of the bests. You need to decide why you don't agree with them. So, it's because of the taxes? "never pay in enough taxes to cover their enormous social costs", well, this is not they fault, guess who not let them pay their income taxes? If you are angry with them because of this, so let they pay.

Illegal: against the law. Well, not all undocumented are here illegaly, overstayers (they don't break any law, cool, right? ) for example. So, be more specific.

"Manpower for free? What does that mean?" Man, I don't now if I can be more specific than that, let me see, you guys are talking about "cost to the government", well, with this, they will have a new worker in the economy and will not spend a dime on it.

"Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants" either", well, if they came to this country to live here, yes they are. But be free to not use the dictionary definition, this is a free country.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I still don't believe your sources, sorry. Especially with so MANY people out there who'd like to work but CAN'T because many employers want slaves AKA as illegal aliens.
"I still don't believe your sources" why? Just because you don't of the answser? Very partial you are.

"Especially with so MANY people out there who'd like to work but CAN'T because many employers want slaves AKA as illegal aliens." More and more meaningless statements with very heavy use of common sense, aka "They Took Our Jobs".

Old 12-23-2015, 02:48 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
"I still don't believe your sources" why? Just because you don't of the answser? Very partial you are.

"Especially with so MANY people out there who'd like to work but CAN'T because many employers want slaves AKA as illegal aliens." More and more meaningless statements with very heavy use of common sense, aka "They Took Our Jobs".
I don't know what to tell you. This is MY country and, WE don't want their illegal alien kind here in the US.

Just keep pushing us and think "Dominican Republic" in yanking birthright citizenship back to almost 90 years ago.

Too; look at Europe getting madder and madder at their illegal aliens, things are fixing to get ugly, REAL ugly soon against their despicable kind.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Excuse me, but the only reason any employers hire illegal aliens is because they work cheaper and will therefore increase their profits. They don't care if they can speak English or not. They hire someone who is bi-lingual to be their bosses. I wish you'd quit calling illegal aliens "immigrants" also. Many blue-collared workers such as in the construction industry already held those jobs but lost them to cheap, illegal labor and their greedy employers. Their greedy employers pass their social costs on to us also. Illegal aliens do not contribute anything to our society or regular law abiding Americans. They take from us.

As for any illegal aliens being bright enough to start a business who do you think they hire if not their fellow illegals or someone from their own ethnic group that speaks their language? It does not increase job opportunities for English speaking Americans. You keep quoting things about "immigration" when clearly immigration is not "illegal" immigration. You have no viable facts about "illegal" immigration. They are a net negative to our society. Besides, shouldn't the fact that they are here illegally in violation of our immigration laws be the focus? We are a nation of laws, you know.
You really read my comment? Sorry but you don't have a bussinesman mentality, all this risk doesn't
compensate the problem that they will have change a good american worker just because the another side is cheap (with a LOT of problems), unless the native manpower are a even bigger problem...

---- "Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants" either", well, if they came to this country to live here, yes they are. But be free to not use the dictionary definition, this is a free country. ---

"Not contribute anything to our societ", well, this is not they fault, guess who not let them pay their income taxes? If you are angry with them because of this, so let they pay.

"As for any illegal aliens being bright enough to start a business who do you think they hire if not their fellow illegals or someone from their own ethnic group that speaks their language?" FACTSSS, I want facts, prove that ALL immigrants who open a business do that, your common sense does't serve. And even if it is somewhat true, they are still paying taxes, just don't pay more because you guys don't allow it.

"You keep quoting things about "immigration" when clearly immigration is not "illegal" immigration." They talk about "illegals" too, and you can find more in the internet if you like .

"shouldn't the fact that they are here illegally in violation of our immigration laws be the focus", yes, it should, but you guys keeping throwing another topics in the middle...

Interesting fact: you guys really think that the Germans are letting many refugees enter in their country just because they are good guys? hu3

Old 12-23-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I don't know what to tell you. This is MY country and, WE don't want their illegal alien kind here in the US.

Just keep pushing us and think "Dominican Republic" in yanking birthright citizenship back to almost 90 years ago.

Too; look at Europe getting madder and madder at their illegal aliens, things are fixing to get ugly, REAL ugly soon against their despicable kind.
Don't? Ok, THEN VOTE IN SOMEONE THAT PLEASE YOUR BIAS.

And now your are throwing things that are not necessarily the same things because they have ENTIRELY different variables. Can you understand that?

Man, I like here, it's cool to see how a citizen in a developed country can be just as biased as one of underdeveloped country. hu3

Old 12-23-2015, 03:13 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Too bad for the nativists and racists.

After a Federal court ruled that Sheriff Arpaio was guilty of racial profiling, the hotline was shut down and his authorization to enforce Federal immigration laws has been revoked. Most likely a monitor will be appointed by the court to ensure that Arpaio and his goon squad no longer target people based on their race.

How is a person reacting to a phone report guilty of "Profiling?" That's a pretty silly statement. A Court is not going to appoint anything, and he has a right to enforce the Laws of his State and Federal Law. Has nothing to do with any other case. You should have added that this would be your "Hope" instead of trying to pass it off as reality.

People have been saying the same things about him since we heard that name, but he still is going strong and nailing illegal Alien Criminals. Go Joe....

Old 12-23-2015, 03:21 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Half the people on this thread sound like you would have done just fine in Nazi Germany. It's the same mentality at work, don't you see it?

You mean the mentality that we need to follow and enforce our Countries Laws? That mentality?

Lets talk about a "Mentality" that advocated the breaking of our Laws, and stealing from the Taxpayer. Some one would have done just fine belonging to a Band of Criminals. Its the same Mentality at work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration