Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 10:30 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times

Advertisements

Too bad for the nativists and racists.

After a Federal court ruled that Sheriff Arpaio was guilty of racial profiling, the hotline was shut down and his authorization to enforce Federal immigration laws has been revoked. Most likely a monitor will be appointed by the court to ensure that Arpaio and his goon squad no longer target people based on their race.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:41 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post

After a Federal court ruled that Sheriff Arpaio was guilty of racial profiling, the hotline was shut down and his authorization to enforce Federal immigration laws has been revoked. Most likely a monitor will be appointed by the court to ensure that Arpaio and his goon squad no longer target people based on their race.
Uh; "ILLEGAL alien" ain't a race. Sheesh!

Old 07-31-2013, 07:43 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
What's nativist or racist about wanting our immigration laws enforced?

Old 07-31-2013, 11:05 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,123 times
Quote:

Except the Federal Court didn't find Arpaio guilty of racial profiling.

The judges decision simply prohibits Arpaio’s department from using race as a factor in determining if a driver/passengers are undocumented immigrants.The judge never states that Arpaio IS racially profiling, since it was never proven that his department racially profiled.

Try reading the court document vs the headlines that biased sites provide claiming fallacies for their agenda.

287(g) has pretty much been revoked/made inactive for the most part. It doesn't prohibit LEO from still asking about a persons status, checking a persons status, etc. Every LEO across the US can already do such a thing. 287(g) was nothing more than allowing local jails house illegals and be paid for it.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:30 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
But is he still investigating Obama's birth certificate?

Dude is an irrational nut, and that's why he appeals to so many people.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:52 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:

Most hispanics consider themselves white you know.

And that's just a fact, race really is meaningless as a category because it's only what you yourself say your race is.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:24 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibelle View Post
FOXNews.com - Latino Leaders Outraged by Arizona Sherriff's Illegal Immigration Tip Hotline - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

I read this, and I thought, "Yay for Sheriff Joe!" I really like him. I like his no nonsense style, and the way he deals with things. I think that many people will make assumptions about families, and it may cause a bit of racial tensions... but hopefully, it catches some of the illegals. It yielded 13 arrests on the first night!!!

I have no problem with anyone immigrating to the U.S, as long as they do it legally!

My husband and I are Maricopa county bound.... and I am excited. I seriously love Joe Arpaio! Some people think he is extreme... but I agree with his methods 100 percent!
Let's see you go to jail out there, I bet you wouldn't make it a day. I also bet that you wouldn't like his methods anymore after that either if you were sent there.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:43 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
Let's see you go to jail out there, I bet you wouldn't make it a day. I also bet that you wouldn't like his methods anymore after that either if you were sent there.
Obey the law and you WON'T go to jail. It's that simple. Sheesh!

Old 08-05-2013, 06:34 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,693 times
Quote:
If one doesn't break the law, then one would not see the inside of Sheriff Joe's jail. I only wish the rest of the country felt like him. What part of "illegal alien" do you have a problem with? Last I checked, LE is supposed to uphold the law, not break it. Sheeeesssh.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:38 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
I myself believe that Jails should be hard. At least as hard as the conditions our soldiers live under when deployed in Iraq or afghanistan. Tent city isn't a bad deal. It is certainly better than the conditions criminals would impose upon their victims. 3 hots and a cot..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration