Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 02:40 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
When employers get their places of business raided for hiring illegal aliens they are unlikely to continue their practices of hiring illegal aliens anymore even if there are more waiting in the wings. In fear of being caught again and fined even more or jailed they will be forced to hire only legal workers.

Are you claiming that there are that many illegals that are unemployed that are just waiting their turn for a job by the deportation of another illega?
The instance that I gave of the raided employer is the most likely to hire an American worker[as I stated].

Quote:
Are you claiming that there are that many illegals that are unemployed that are just waiting their turn for a job
No,[unemployed]. Just as the rest of the American economy and the American workforce, the underground workforce is in flux, jobs open, workers move up, laterally, down, or out.

Newly arriveing IAW take the hardest, lowest paying, least secure jobs. In time, just as their young American counterparts, they advance to better paying jobs...gaining experience, contacts, and opportunities.

As better jobs open, they fill those positions leaving openings for the newly arriving. As attrition happens the cycle...just as in the above board economy...continues.

Last edited by 1751texan; 04-04-2011 at 03:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 03:37 PM

54 posts, read 61,494 times
Sheriff Arpaio is making sweeps and arresting illegal aliens and opeining up jobs for Americans. Jobs alleged American will not do, Americans are applying for.

Sheriff Joe: Job Creator

By James R. Edwards Jr., March 21, 2011

Restaurant dishwasher a so-called "job Americans won't do"? Not at all.
Sheriff Joe: Job Creator | Center for Immigration Studies

Old 04-05-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelezah1288 View Post
Sheriff Arpaio is making sweeps and arresting illegal aliens and opeining up jobs for Americans. Jobs alleged American will not do, Americans are applying for.

Sheriff Joe: Job Creator

By James R. Edwards Jr., March 21, 2011

Restaurant dishwasher a so-called "job Americans won't do"? Not at all.
Sheriff Joe: Job Creator | Center for Immigration Studies
Great...Sheriff Joe, the diswasher maker.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:32 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,553,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Then I will ask you to do what you are accusing me of not doing...

Give any study or credible evidence that shows a correlation between High unemployment rates with massive cheap labor.

Then you can show any study or credible evidence that shows that depotations would positively benefit unemployment rates.[topic of this thread]

Accounts from constuction workers or contractors does not count as a scientific, governmental, or scholarly study.
The onus of proof lies with you, not me. You are the one claiming illegal immigration does not displace workers.

You continue to miss the point. We have a LEGAL immigration process, which countless millions of foreigners have ignored. We also have an estimated 18 million unemployed citizens. Common sense dictates if illegal foreigners are employed in an estimated 8 million jobs, at least a portion of said jobs could and would be filled by citizens and legal residents. You can argue on behalf of illegal aliens until the cows come home. It won’t change the fact that they are here in violation of our laws, and have depressed wages and displaced workers.

Tell me, you claim to be a citizen of this country, so why do you not have empathy and concern for your fellow countrymen? How do you reconcile supporting the employment of illegal aliens while millions of citizens are unable to find work?

As for scientific evidence, the data can only be valid if based on reliable information. If you discount the “real life” experiences of displaced workers, how can the data be considered credible?

Old 04-05-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The onus of proof lies with you, not me. You are the one claiming illegal immigration does not displace workers.

You continue to miss the point. We have a LEGAL immigration process, which countless millions of foreigners have ignored. We also have an estimated 18 million unemployed citizens. Common sense dictates if illegal foreigners are employed in an estimated 8 million jobs, at least a portion of said jobs could and would be filled by citizens and legal residents. You can argue on behalf of illegal aliens until the cows come home. It won’t change the fact that they are here in violation of our laws, and have depressed wages and displaced workers.

Tell me, you claim to be a citizen of this country, so why do you not have empathy and concern for your fellow countrymen? How do you reconcile supporting the employment of illegal aliens while millions of citizens are unable to find work?

As for scientific evidence, the data can only be valid if based on reliable information. If you discount the “real life†experiences of displaced workers, how can the data be considered credible?
You have a hard time understanding a debate of points versus and advocation for that point...

You seem to believe that anyone that disagrees with a contention put foward in this sub-forum is un-American and an advocate for illegal immigration...

If a poster were to propose shooting aliens on sight, would I be un-American to argue a contrary view? Would I be an advocate of illegal aliens over Amricans for doing so?

The OP put forth the idea that deportations would help with the Unemployemnt rate...Should I agreed with him to show my patriotism...or kept my mouth shut to placate you?

Old 04-05-2011, 03:10 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,553,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
You have a hard time understanding a debate of points versus and advocation for that point...

You seem to believe that anyone that disagrees with a contention put foward in this sub-forum is un-American and an advocate for illegal immigration...

If a poster were to propose shooting aliens on sight, would I be un-American to argue a contrary view? Would I be an advocate of illegal aliens over Amricans for doing so?

The OP put forth the idea that deportations would help with the Unemployemnt rate...Should I agreed with him to show my patriotism...or kept my mouth shut to placate you?
Since I am so dimwitted, why don’t you explain the difference? How are you not advocating for illegal aliens? When have you EVER supported U.S. citizens in this debate? Admittedly, I may have missed that post.

Shooting illegals? C’mon.

You certainly do not have to agree with opponents of illegal immigration to be considered patriotic. After all, we are all entitled to our opinion. However, when one NEVER shows even a modicum of empathy or compassion for U.S. citizens, it is rather suspect. Even the most rabid pro-illegals feel something for this country.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:41 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,489,112 times
and then a couple of years later they eased up the Immigration Laws and many of them ''invaded'' to look for work in factories.

It's funny how they didn't do crap during that time (when it really mattered) but now they're such a big 'threat' .

Old 04-05-2011, 06:21 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,311,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
and then a couple of years later they eased up the Immigration Laws and many of them ''invaded'' to look for work in factories.

It's funny how they didn't do crap during that time (when it really mattered) but now they're such a big 'threat' .
Everything has its limits in tolerance. Illegal immigration has reached critical mass and there isn't any more tolerance left.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:07 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,489,112 times
Then why isn't the US Government DOING ANYTHING?!

the Government doesn't give 3 SHITS about the people, they know the TRUTH so they aren't taking any actions for this!

Old 04-05-2011, 08:51 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,311,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
Then why isn't the US Government DOING ANYTHING?!

the Government doesn't give 3 SHITS about the people, they know the TRUTH so they aren't taking any actions for this!
Certain patriotic politicians are doing something. Why do you find the fleecing of regular Americans funny?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration