Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 09:35 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,543 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else getting sick of the obsessive use of the word "ignorant" lately? It seems whenever someone disagrees anymore this word is bound to pop up. But then I guess it's hard to be pushing PC so hard if you call someone "stupid". I guess the "enlightened" feel so superior that they think no one will notice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 10:07 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
In the context yes, it is just like graffiti IMO.
Indeed. The precident has been set that throwing cotton balls on the sidewalk is a "hate crime" (see University of Missouri) therefore, writing on the sidewalk in front of a memorial is defacing public property, IMO.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:09 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
.................Something very sick and very wrong is going on in this country. It needs to be stopped before it is too late.
With all due respect, that time came and went at least 15 years ago (a.k.a. one generation ago).

Old 04-01-2011, 11:43 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Sorry this is too much for me, for me not too much disturbs me, as this does. Something drastically wrong, and this Country better grab hold of what it is. We don't fix what is wrong now, we lose control.

What in the name is happening to this Country, lack of values, lack of respect, lack of common decency.

Rights seem to be going to the wrong people, and i am not happy about this, it saddens me. I think maybe us common folk, maybe need to make our voices heard, because if it is not going to be for those of us who care, who in the hell is going to give a damn.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:28 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Writing in chalk on a sidewalk is destroying public property?
It's defacing public property, which is a crime.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:27 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
In the context yes, it is just like graffiti IMO.

Chalk washes away with water or rain; it is legal to write on sidewalks with chalk as it does not permanently disfigure. Paint? No dice.

Look it up in any jurisdiction. Some cops might become robocop but are in the wrong when doing so.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:35 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Is anyone else getting sick of the obsessive use of the word "ignorant" lately? It seems whenever someone disagrees anymore this word is bound to pop up. But then I guess it's hard to be pushing PC so hard if you call someone "stupid". I guess the "enlightened" feel so superior that they think no one will notice?

People who use the word "ignorant" are as most don't know what the word truly means. It's akin to spewing the words "retarded" or "gay" to belittle one who is neither.

Ignorant | Define Ignorant at Dictionary.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration