Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2011, 06:06 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Many of us dont like to say we are part Indian so us darker Latinos say we are white.
I thought you said you could pass for an anglo because your skin was quite light? I am not ashamed of any of my ancestry. No one should be.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:08 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
It's cultural thing just like how you don't understand why they speak Spanish they likely don't understand why you speak English.

It's a clash of cultures and in the end it's the bilinguals like me who make the bridges.
And the illegals who speak any lanugauge even English here in the USA can leave now.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:09 PM

234 posts, read 241,748 times
Quote:

That atitude dont help us Chicanos at all cause some racsists think we are all illegals. And I dont speak Spanish and am called pocho sometimes by Aztlaners.
I get the shun for not having that authentic Spanish accent at times from the piasas. I get along fine with Aztlaners until I inform them that I want the border sealed. O well, you cannot please everyone.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I thought you said you could pass for an anglo because your skin was quite light? I am not ashamed of any of my ancestry. No one should be.
Im light, I was talking bout the darker skinned Latinos who claim white cause they dont like to say Indian. Blame that on Spanish Hispanc culture.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
And the illegals who speak any lanugauge even English here in the USA can leave now.
We see that all the time with all these DREAM students who've lived almost all their lives in the USA only to get deportation orders for some miniscule reasons.

Pretty messed up but it is what it is!

Quote:
I'm not suggest that we ignore illegal immigration issues but rather be realistic about it. Considering the fact that America spends so much on foreign issues we could instead reallocate that funding to domestic issues such as illegal immigration. Free up some cash. Who wants to be waging other peoples wars? That's what I meant by having bigger fish to fry.
I agree that we spend far too much money on useless wars instead of using our tax dollars for more domestic issues. However, your idea of being realistic about illegal immigration is some form of amnesty. Sorry, I vehemently disagree and I think most Americans do also. Amnesty has proven to be a failure over and over. We don't need these people here anyway. We need to free up our jobs and benefits for Americans. We certainly don't need this added population growth making more demands on our resources and social infastructures.

Quote:
I get the shun for not having that authentic Spanish accent at times from the piasas. I get along fine with Aztlaners until I inform them that I want the border sealed. O well, you cannot please everyone.
I know that Spanish from Spain or even Mexico City is diferent than the Spanglish stuff from places like TJ. The first accent is music to my ears. The second, nasty.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Im light, I was talking bout the darker skinned Latinos who claim white cause they dont like to say Indian. Blame that on Spanish Hispanc culture.
Sorry that I misunderstood you. Perhaps it was the way you worded your remarks? Personally, I don't have a problem with darker skin or even very dark skin. It bears no relevance to a person's worth. It is what is in the heart and head that counts. I actually envy those with more color to their skin. I think I look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy, ugh (even though I am a woman, lol).

Old 03-31-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
We see that all the time with all these DREAM students who've lived almost all their lives in the USA only to get deportation orders for some miniscule reasons.

Pretty messed up but it is what it is!
No problem with dream kids being asked to leave. They aint American citiznes.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I agree that we spend far too much money on useless wars instead of using our tax dollars for more domestic issues. However, your idea of being realistic about illegal immigration is some form of amnesty. Sorry, I vehemently disagree and I think most Americans do also. Amnesty has proven to be a failure over and over. We don't need these people here anyway. We need to free up our jobs and benefits for Americans. We certainly don't need this added population growth making more demands on our resources and social infastructures.
When I said realistic, I meant to address issues that are realistic. At the current time, amnesty is not going to fare well with Congress it's not very realistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration