Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 08:02 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else heard about this? Just do a Google search for "Border Patrol" "Video Game" if you haven't. I don't want to violate any rules by linking to something that might be deemed as offensive.

Basically, there is a flash game called "Border Patrol" circulating the Internet. It is a first-person shooting game, and the player is stationed at the U.S./Mexico border next to a sign that reads "Welcome to America, welfare office that way". The objective is to shoot as many illegals as possible that are crossing the border. Targets include drug smugglers, Mexican nationalists, and "breeders" (pregnant women with small children). The more you shoot, and the less you allow to make it through, the higher your score.

I think the game is hilarious, and so do most of my friends. I know that probably isn't a politically correct thing to say, but when you live in a metropolitan area where the illegals are taking over by the day, you start to get very frustrated, very fast. Obviously I would never take out my frustration in the form of violence toward a living, breathing human being, so this game provides a good outlet. A lot of people I have told about it feel the same way.

That being said, Border Patrol is not surprisingly causing a lot of controversy. Activist groups are going after the producers of the game, even though there is absolutely NOTHING illegal about making a violent video game (Vice City anyone?) Why do people waste time trying to bring down others who have done nothing illegal? Beats me.

Just wondering if anyone else had played or heard of this game, and wanted to get your opinions. Like I said, the game is very well liked among people I know in Nashville, but the great thing about this forum is it provides a venue for gathering opinions from all across this great nation.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:10 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Default Video Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Has anyone else heard about this? Just do a Google search for "Border Patrol" "Video Game" if you haven't. I don't want to violate any rules by linking to something that might be deemed as offensive.

Basically, there is a flash game called "Border Patrol" circulating the Internet. It is a first-person shooting game, and the player is stationed at the U.S./Mexico border next to a sign that reads "Welcome to America, welfare office that way". The objective is to shoot as many illegals as possible that are crossing the border. Targets include drug smugglers, Mexican nationalists, and "breeders" (pregnant women with small children). The more you shoot, and the less you allow to make it through, the higher your score.

I think the game is hilarious, and so do most of my friends. I know that probably isn't a politically correct thing to say, but when you live in a metropolitan area where the illegals are taking over by the day, you start to get very frustrated, very fast. Obviously I would never take out my frustration in the form of violence toward a living, breathing human being, so this game provides a good outlet. A lot of people I have told about it feel the same way.

That being said, Border Patrol is not surprisingly causing a lot of controversy. Activist groups are going after the producers of the game, even though there is absolutely NOTHING illegal about making a violent video game (Vice City anyone?) Why do people waste time trying to bring down others who have done nothing illegal? Beats me.

Just wondering if anyone else had played or heard of this game, and wanted to get your opinions. Like I said, the game is very well liked among people I know in Nashville, but the great thing about this forum is it provides a venue for gathering opinions from all across this great nation.
I have heard of this game, and I will say that it does bring out the very worst in human nature,-- stirs up hurtful feelings of racism and xenophobia,-- gives a platform for the presentation of a wide variety of mean-spirited, angry, and unkind ideas,-- pushes the very LIMITS of bad taste,--- and, in the process, is undoubtedly making somebody a TON of money. In other words, it seems just like a thousand OTHER video games out there, all perfectly legal. If you want kindness, intelligent discourse, and thoughtful consideration, don't look for them in a video game......

Old 07-28-2007, 11:40 AM

354 posts, read 324,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I have heard of this game, and I will say that it does bring out the very worst in human nature,-- stirs up hurtful feelings of racism and xenophobia,-- gives a platform for the presentation of a wide variety of mean-spirited, angry, and unkind ideas,-- pushes the very LIMITS of bad taste,--- and, in the process, is undoubtedly making somebody a TON of money. In other words, it seems just like a thousand OTHER video games out there, all perfectly legal. If you want kindness, intelligent discourse, and thoughtful consideration, don't look for them in a video game......
What money??? One plays it while online and it costs NADA to play.

I deem it as low class, about the same as the comic book that Mexico passes out to its citizens on how to illegally cross the Mexican-American border. Not too much different really.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:00 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,676,051 times
I've seen it. It gets boring rather quickly. Actually, as far as video games go it's not that good. It would have dropped off of the radar a long time ago but it's so politically incorrect that the bad press has kept it in the limelight.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:06 PM

562 posts, read 659,630 times
That's awesome! I wanna play it too......

Old 08-29-2007, 09:28 PM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
I think the concept of this game is great (not more offensive than GTA where you are supposed to kill police and innocent people). However I do not agree with the direct racial overtones of it.

I haven't played it but have read about it. It is completely unacceptable how the American flag has the Jewish stars instead of the American stars, falsely perpetuating the myth that Jews run the country and are not loyal to the U.S. I have Jewish friends and they are ordinary Americans just like anyone else except they celebrate Hanukah instead of Christmas and go to synagogue instead of church. Many of them also hate illegals!

Also I think the depiction of Mexicans is deplorable especially with the racialized features. What would make the game acceptable is to be more realistic in terms of the illegals. They should just wear normal clothes instead of sombreros and there should be illegals from all races and nationalities. In that case the hatred will be directed toward illegals and not at a particular racial group.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:00 PM

562 posts, read 659,630 times
MOST of the illegals in this country, the USA, are Illegal Mexicans. That is why they used Mexicans in the game. I think it's great, my high score was 71 when I played last haha....

Like someone else said, one turn deserves another. If the Mexicans insist on a comic book showing how to illegally enter the USA, what's the big deal about someone making a game out of it? You have a right to shoot criminals breaking into your house, you should have the same right to shoot criminals breaking into your country.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:09 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,635,999 times
i have never in my life played a computer game (unless sudoku counts), but for this i might learn. like another poster said, it sounds like a good way to relieve some frustration without harming human beings.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:34 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,309,122 times
This should be good for you. Goodie but oldie. Atleast 4 years old,

Instead your an illegal trying to elude the cops for as long as possible.

El Emigrante- String and Stick Tricks

Old 08-30-2007, 07:36 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,309,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
i have never in my life played a computer game (unless sudoku counts), but for this i might learn. like another poster said, it sounds like a good way to relieve some frustration without harming human beings.
Hence why people claim video games cause murderers, since video games came out, violent crimes among young people has been dropping steadily. The cases of serial killers that played shooting games is not because the game caused them to shoot, but because it's not uncommon for guys (most serial killers statistically) to play shooting games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration