U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 12:27 PM

32,823 posts, read 30,075,350 times

Advertisements

OCEANSIDE: Teen bicyclist hit Monday dies

Hiding in the shadows eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 12:55 PM

13,051 posts, read 21,178,051 times
This story is esp. disturbing to me since I just went to look at a property on the same road the teen was struck and killed on. It's a pretty winding road and has a lot of traffic considering its location - and no sidewalk or buffer zone from the asphalt to the property lines. It didn't appear very safe to me and was a turn-off despite the nice sized home and property. How sad for the parents of the teen. Too bad we can't have the murderer surrender his organs for harvesting instead.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:59 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,156,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
This story is esp. disturbing to me since I just went to look at a property on the same road the teen was struck and killed on. It's a pretty winding road and has a lot of traffic considering its location - and no sidewalk or buffer zone from the asphalt to the property lines. It didn't appear very safe to me and was a turn-off despite the nice sized home and property. How sad for the parents of the teen. Too bad we can't have the murderer surrender his organs for harvesting instead.
I am quite familiar with the Oceanside area. Yes, the 76 is a treachorous winding road. The town of Bonzall is a hangout for illegal aliens especially around the McDonald's there.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:21 PM

13,051 posts, read 21,178,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I am quite familiar with the Oceanside area. Yes, the 76 is a treachorous winding road. The town of Bonzall is a hangout for illegal aliens especially around the McDonald's there.
It happened on Sleeping Indian - not Hwy 76. Treacherous is indeed an appropriate word to describe the road - it is one lane each way, and winding, with changes in elevation and lots of "blind spots". Still no excuse to leave a human being struck on the side of the road. If a citizen had been driving and struck the teen cyclist, instead of driving off and leaving him to bleed to death, the teen might have been alive today. Who knows how long before someone came along and called an ambulance?

Old 04-01-2011, 11:26 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,213,801 times
This is discusting. In San Bernardino, Ca. In the 80's, my fiance's 12 year old son died in my arms after being stuck(hit-n-run) by a illegal driving a stolen vehical.

Right in front of that mail box.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:06 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,745,541 times
It won't matter. Lives of American citizens mean nothing to the politicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration