Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 04:24 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,211,634 times

Advertisements

Okay, I was not sure whether to post this in employment section or here...but this just irks line "Bi-lingual applicants wanted" annoys me. ESPECIALLY FOR GOVERNMENT JOBS!!!!! Yes, I know the standard, mean comments are, "Well, if it bothers you SO much, just learn Spanish."...and yes, when the jobs want someone Bi-lingual, that means English/Spanish, not English/ASL, which I am fluent in...

Recently a job was posted for someone to do applications for Food Stamps, Medicaid, and Financial Assistance, things I have experience in...I looked at the job, and had all of the qualifications, except for the part that stated that Spanish speaking applicants were preferred...interesting...

More and more jobs are like this...what does every one think about that? I personally think it should be illegal to post jobs, especially government jobs, where the preference is for a person who speaks Spanish...

Old 04-01-2011, 05:06 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,267,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Okay, I was not sure whether to post this in employment section or here...but this just irks line "Bi-lingual applicants wanted" annoys me. ESPECIALLY FOR GOVERNMENT JOBS!!!!! Yes, I know the standard, mean comments are, "Well, if it bothers you SO much, just learn Spanish."...and yes, when the jobs want someone Bi-lingual, that means English/Spanish, not English/ASL, which I am fluent in...

Recently a job was posted for someone to do applications for Food Stamps, Medicaid, and Financial Assistance, things I have experience in...I looked at the job, and had all of the qualifications, except for the part that stated that Spanish speaking applicants were preferred...interesting...

More and more jobs are like this...what does every one think about that? I personally think it should be illegal to post jobs, especially government jobs, where the preference is for a person who speaks Spanish...
I totally agree. You know as well as I do they want Spanish speakers to accomodate illegal aliens. Most Hispanic Americans know how to speak English so it isn't to accomodate them.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:05 PM

93 posts, read 138,404 times
Quote:

abso freakin lutely i agree with you!! i think if the illegals want those services which they have no right to, they need to speak english!! if you reall think about it ilegals and pro illegals are in a win win situation in that case.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:06 PM

93 posts, read 138,404 times
either way americans are screwed, those are less jobs for americans. oh and btw i am hispanic and i despise illegals!!!!

Old 04-02-2011, 08:41 AM

7,967 posts, read 7,304,654 times
Not just government jobs. I once applied for a secretarial position in the Outpatient Mental Health Department of a hospital, and at the interview was asked, "How is your Spanish?" I politely replied that I don't speak or understand Spanish, and needless to say, I did not get the job. The ad in the paper did not list "bilingual" as one of the requirements.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:25 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,283,408 times
I LOVE that more and more jobs are listing it as a requirement or preference. It gives me an advantage over other applicants.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:35 AM

4,865 posts, read 5,655,957 times
Where I live, it is either Portuguese or Spanish. I happen to speak Portuguese fluently but I will never apply for a job that lists it as a requirement. I am in America. I am going to speak English and that's just how it is.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:35 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,267,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
I LOVE that more and more jobs are listing it as a requirement or preference. It gives me an advantage over other applicants.
Are you also loving the fact that the only reason that bi-lingualism is required is due to an illegal iinvasion?

Old 04-02-2011, 09:41 AM

4,865 posts, read 5,655,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Are you also loving the fact that the only reason that bi-lingualism is required is due to an illegal iinvasion?

OUCH.

I second that!

Old 04-02-2011, 09:57 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,442,029 times
Quote:

Yes, especially in the welfare handout offices, Spanish is required and that's because so many are coming over that border to cash in on the welfare handouts.

Here's the choice: Work hard or be poor your whole life in your own country if you breed irresponsibily, have kids you can never support. Or simply come over the border, laws don't matter, give birth here and you'll live like a king or queen the rest of your days. Work is only an option.

To these people, it's no big deal to get over the border and they're very impressed knowing that here they are paid to breed.

In many welfare offices now, virtually all the applicants speak only Spanish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration