U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-04-2011, 07:34 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,156,932 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

http://www.examiner.com/immigration-reform-in-national/federal-judge-...



Dave Gibson
On Friday, Judge Susan Bolton ruled in favor of denying bond to
illegal aliens arrested on felony charges. The ruling handed a defeat
to the ACLU which filed the suit against Maricopa County Sheriff Joe
Arpaio and County Attorney Bill Montgomery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-04-2011, 07:41 AM
 
Location: Illinois
8,536 posts, read 6,209,036 times
Reputation: 14832
good!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2011, 10:04 AM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,384,950 times
Reputation: 1544
Couldn't find the article but this is great news.

The link took me to an article where Gingrich stated that the Dream Act could be useful. If he runs for Pres he won't be getting my vote on that statement alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2011, 10:30 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,088,876 times
Reputation: 957
These articles are from a year ago...what is the date of your article?

P.S.... Felons[alleged] are denied bail everyday, what does this have to do with Illegal immigration...at least try to attempt a connection. If an Illegal alien has a car for sale, you gonna post that just cuz its bout an IA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2011, 02:00 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,156,932 times
Reputation: 2130
My aplogies to all. I read this article on another site and this was the link that was given. I have asked for the correct link from the other site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2011, 02:08 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,823 posts, read 30,075,350 times
Reputation: 17698
No need to waste a good thread

ANOTHER LAWSUIT WON BY ARPAIO AND THE COUNTY ATTORNEY (http://www.thecypresstimes.com/article/News/National_News/ANOTHER_LAWSUIT_WON_BY_ARPAIO_AND_THE_COUNTY_ATTOR NEYS_OFFICE_ILLEGAL_IMMIGRATION_ACTIVISTS_LOSE_PRO P_100_COURT_BATTLE_IN_LOPEZVALENZUELA_CASE/42902 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2011, 02:17 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,156,932 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
No need to waste a good thread

ANOTHER LAWSUIT WON BY ARPAIO AND THE COUNTY ATTORNEY (http://www.thecypresstimes.com/article/News/National_News/ANOTHER_LAWSUIT_WON_BY_ARPAIO_AND_THE_COUNTY_ATTOR NEYS_OFFICE_ILLEGAL_IMMIGRATION_ACTIVISTS_LOSE_PRO P_100_COURT_BATTLE_IN_LOPEZVALENZUELA_CASE/42902 - broken link)
Thanks, and I see this DID happen just recently as I was led to believe in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2011, 03:48 PM
 
Location: truckee calif
54 posts, read 51,066 times
Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
These articles are from a year ago...what is the date of your article?

P.S.... Felons[alleged] are denied bail everyday, what does this have to do with Illegal immigration...at least try to attempt a connection. If an Illegal alien has a car for sale, you gonna post that just cuz its bout an IA?

Felon illegal aliens who are arrested on a felony should be denied bail because they usually jump bail, get another identification and continue to live here and felons are usually jailed and then deported. This is how we get rid of criminal illegal aliens. Usually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2011, 11:59 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,088,876 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by eelezah1288 View Post
Felon illegal aliens who are arrested on a felony should be denied bail because they usually jump bail, get another identification and continue to live here and felons are usually jailed and then deported. This is how we get rid of criminal illegal aliens. Usually.
thanks for stating the obvious...My point was that accused felons are denied bail everyday, why the big celebration? I understand the reasoning behind not allowing bail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2011, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,822,205 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
thanks for stating the obvious...My point was that accused felons are denied bail everyday, why the big celebration? I understand the reasoning behind not allowing bail.
We celebrate because illegals have routinely been granted bail, even those accused of heinous crimes. In 98% of those cases, the accused flees the country, waits for the heat to die down, and then returns to continue a life of crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top