U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 05:38 PM

1,123 posts, read 642,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Metal View Post
First and foremost, I believe in helping those less fortunate. I donate time, and do what I can, to help my fellow humans, regardless of "status." I would be more than happy to help out a starving family.
That BS doesn't address his point, and please keep the infantile posts and thread derailments out.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:40 PM

1,123 posts, read 642,239 times
Quote:
I am very politically active for REAL change, and that includes fighting stereotypes and racism. Well, I think ALL people should be treated fairly, humanely and with respect. People need to have more compassion with dealing with all people, and more consideration for others in general.
It is not your business if people want to have large or small families. This is such a non-issue, but the Repubs keep it going with the media because it appeals to certain voters, and they get those votes to stay in office. Meanwhile, they don't WANT to reform the laws, because it suits them just fine as is.
Besides, the money spent on undocumented immigrants is a drop in the bucket of our "debt" when most of our debt is spent on military and corporate welfare. Mexicans coming in, is nothing. Yes, even with the crappy jobs they take here, that most Americans haven't taken in decades.

Mexico is bad, because the U.S. helped make it that way, believe it or not. Look up what Blackwater is doing down there, and their involvement with the Cartels. It is beyond corrupt, and the U.S. has their hands all up in there. We are the ones who "assign" the presidents there, too. Just look at Vicente Fox. It is all very corrupt, and the U.S. does ANYTHING they can to power grab, that is for sure. This stuff has been going on for decades. You should look up all the things the CIA has done to TRAIN the cartels. It is DISGUSTING. We shouldn't be fighting each other, we should be banding together to fight the REAL issues.

Also, I am really one NOT to support abortions, unless they are absolutely necessary.
I am embarrassed I helped feed this troll, this is the first person on CD I am putting on ignore...

Old 04-10-2011, 05:55 PM

3,813 posts, read 3,650,313 times
Quote:
I think you guys miss the point. Laws change. People become legal when they are able to. The government doesn't have "the funds in welfare" because they choose to put it in wars which make companies TRILLIONS of profits, including General Electric, Blackwater, etc.., and subsidize corporations. Mexico is CONTROLLED by the U.S.!!! We have the money to feed the world if we wanted to.

Not everyone wants to come here. This place isn't what it used to be, with diminishing opportunities, and less and less manufacturing jobs, small business loans, freedoms diminishing, etc. People would rather go to Canada or other countries without the "I've got mine, Jack, you are on your own" mentality.
Actually, you are VERY WRONG. People are lined up in immigration offices all over the country waiting to get into this country. More people try and come to the US then the rest of the world combined. Sure, they may WANT to go to Canada, however, Canada is smart and won't let them in, unless they have certain job skills the country needs (novel concept). Neither will any other country.

Our country is so full of left wing, limp wristed liberals, such as yourself, we let in ANYONE, at ANYTIME, and give them a free paycheck, the moment they cross the border. Not just a paycheck, but healthcare, social security, et al and say, "We could feed the world." Ever stop to think the world doesn't want us to feed them? And since when in the HELL did it become my responsibility to do so?

Not too mention, unless you are living in a cardboard box, taking public transportation, and eating Hamburger Helper all day, you are just another left wing, whacko hypocrite. Its easy to "feed the world," when you are doing it with other people's money.

Wake up. The world isn't rainbows and fluffy clouds.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:12 PM

210 posts, read 171,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil306 View Post
actually, you are very wrong. People are lined up in immigration offices all over the country waiting to get into this country. More people try and come to the us then the rest of the world combined. Sure, they may want to go to canada, however, canada is smart and won't let them in, unless they have certain job skills the country needs (novel concept). Neither will any other country.

Our country is so full of left wing, limp wristed liberals, such as yourself, we let in anyone, at anytime, and give them a free paycheck, the moment they cross the border. Not just a paycheck, but healthcare, social security, et al and say, "we could feed the world." ever stop to think the world doesn't want us to feed them? And since when in the hell did it become my responsibility to do so?

Not too mention, unless you are living in a cardboard box, taking public transportation, and eating hamburger helper all day, you are just another left wing, whacko hypocrite. Its easy to "feed the world," when you are doing it with other people's money.

Wake up. The world isn't rainbows and fluffy clouds.
we need to enforce our laws

Old 04-10-2011, 11:56 PM

5,532 posts, read 5,961,198 times
Quote:
I think you guys miss the point. Laws change. People become legal when they are able to. The government doesn't have "the funds in welfare" because they choose to put it in wars which make companies TRILLIONS of profits, including General Electric, Blackwater, etc.., and subsidize corporations. Mexico is CONTROLLED by the U.S.!!! We have the money to feed the world if we wanted to.
Not everyone wants to come here. This place isn't what it used to be, with diminishing opportunities, and less and less manufacturing jobs, small business loans, freedoms diminishing, etc. People would rather go to Canada or other countries without the "I've got mine, Jack, you are on your own" mentality.
Well, once we leave reality and venture into conspiracy land (i.e. Mexico is CONTROLLED by the US) , everything is possible and no dialogue can take place...(How can one argue with "George Bush was behind 9/11 and he parachuted from one of the planes" theory)?
Speaking of Vincente Fox -he was the first leader I know of, who encouraged his citizens to leave their homeland and go north (US). Usually I hear of dictators who prevent their people from leaving. Mexico is the one country to do the opposite (that I know of).

Even if the wrong decisions were made by the US government in regard to wars and investments, it is still our right to make those decisions. It is still our right to decide who can enter the US and live here who should not, even if you dislike these decisions. The US is (still) a sovereign country and not just a geographical extension of South America.
I do not know of any country on this planet that is asked to open wide its borders and let everyone in... because we are all humans. If you know one, please tell us.

Last edited by oberon_1; 04-11-2011 at 12:04 AM..

Old 04-11-2011, 12:23 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,706,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
But the cities with sanctuary policies are doing the best, and have good economies. They also have lower unemployment.

Can you explain that?
Name these sanctuary cities that are doing best with illegals and tell us what makes you come to this conclusion..

Old 04-11-2011, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
Eleanora1, Mexico IS poor. I was just in Mexico City a few weeks back and there are many, many ghettos. Some of my fellow Liberals say it's because of NAFTA. If it was, I'm sure they would get out of it. No? Lots of people do work, but in low paid jobs. However, I think it's Mexico responsibility to help its citizens. You can't just say "let them in, they are poor etc." Any country can only take in so many low skilled people, if it's too many, then you have ghettos etc. And, I think it's a slap into the face of millions of legal immigrants like me Legal immigrants and their struggle is often ignored. It's not that easy to come here legally. People just think it is, because they see so many Mexicans just coming over. I read a while back ( NY Times ) that about 55% of foreign born Latinos are here illegally. That tells you something.
Many of those ghettos in Mexico are boarded up ghost towns because the people are
over here illegally.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
I am embarrassed I helped feed this troll,
Quote:
this is the first person on CD I am putting on ignore
#5 here.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:50 AM

442 posts, read 474,457 times
This is all very disgusting how close minded many of you are in this thread. It is honestly really, terribly sad. It isn't even worth arguing over, and going over every one of your posts with personal attacks against me, or fellow HUMANS. I believe in compassion for my FELLOW HUMAN no matter what place on the Earth they happened to be born. Anything else, IS PURE RACISM AND CLASSICISM AND IGNORANCE. Many of you don't hold the values I do, clearly, and that is pretty much the end of the discussion for me with your attacks. I never personally attacked any of you. But now I call it for what it really is. Racist as HELL. You can say "Oh the old racist card." "OOO WE RAN THAT LIBERAL HIPPIE OUT, WOOHOO!"
It sure is racism and ignorance at it's basic level. That and the "I don't wanna share my money with lazy people" meme. But I am certainly not surprised for the attacks, or lack of deep knowledge on many of the subjects I have brought up. I also could give two craps who decides to "ignore" me. Good, again, I am not interested in personal attacks. If you would like to have an adult discussion like civilized and respectful beings, please, address me as such, and I will address you as such. Hatred doesn't get very far with most people. Please start with not listening to Fox news, and perhaps look into some independent outlets for your real news and works events.

Related but sort of off topic: You should look up about what the U.S. Government does to it's own citizens, and has for decades, while fooling people we are the best nation ever. We aren't. We never will be close to the overall quality of life a country like Sweden has. Not like this.

We have much, much worse problems than immigration. That is merely a distraction. This is true.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:20 AM

4,835 posts, read 4,811,769 times
Quote:
Anything else, IS PURE RACISM AND CLASSICISM AND IGNORANCE
ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's because of people like you that I have to worry about whether my daughter will have any rights in the next 18 years.

It's because of people like you that this country is going to sh*t.

It's because of people like you that my hometown, once a very promising community, has turned into a ghetto in the past 15 years since 85% of its residents is here in the US illegally.

I am a Christian and I do have a heart...but I refuse to let others abuse it and use my tax dollars as if they were entitled to it.

By all means, if you are such a good person, take a family of illegal aliens into your house. Clothe them, feed them and let them live with you as long as they want...while they work under the table to send money to their families abroad. We'll see how soon you will run out of money.

Do you realize that is exactly what is happening here lady? They are coming into OUR country. Working without paying taxes, abusing government benefits without giving anything back. And the worst part is that they now think it is a right. They march on the streets of Los Angeles demanding that we make them legal here.

Fine if you want to deal with it. But I don't...and I am not speaking for myself only. I speak for a lot of Americans who are sick of these invaders. So what if you think I am a horrible person? I sworn to defend this country against all enemies: foreign and domestic. I take my job as a CITIZEN very seriously...

I am sorry the same cannot be said about you.

So like I have asked you before, are you going to refund my dad all the money he spent during his immigration process? What would you said to every one who has waited in line to come here legally? That their efforts were / are all in vain? They are white, black, asian, latinos. They come from wealthy and poor countries. So what makes you think your illegal aliens are special? Please tell me why they should be so fervently supported?

Last edited by KickAssArmyChick; 04-11-2011 at 05:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or