U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 11:29 AM

3,402 posts, read 4,311,568 times

Advertisements

They destroy the country. In Phoenix where there is a significant Illegal alien population it has increased the crime and really hurt that city.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:30 AM

47,573 posts, read 60,625,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Cause the Federal government doles out the social services to keep them going will the city benefits from their low-wage workers... its akin to slavery... but nobody cares, the elite liberals LOVE their low wage slaves, the federal government loves to appease their donors, and the illegals love to be in a country with running water and sewer...
It's even better than slavery for the cheap labor types.

The slave masters had to provide for their slaves. They had to feed them, house them, provide them whatever health care they would have.

Far much better for the cheap labor elites with illegals. They can pay them dirt. The taxpayers will provide them the free health care, food stamps, provide them free maternity hospital stays, and if they are injured in the workplace, that's up to the taxpayers. The taxpayers must provide the totally free education with the free meals for the children of illegals, and they have many many children.

The elites have it very very nice with all this taxpayer subsidized labor. Of course they don't want to pay legal wages or provide health insurance plans or pay into social security and FICA taxes for them, workman's comp.

Last edited by malamute; 04-09-2011 at 11:40 AM..

Old 04-09-2011, 11:34 AM

3,402 posts, read 4,311,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's even better than slavery for the cheap labor types.

The slave masters had to provide for their slaves. They had to feed them, house them, provide them whatever health care they would have.

Far much better for the cheap labor elites with illegals. They can pay them dirt. The taxpayers will provide them the free health care, food stamps, provide them free maternity hospital stays, and if they are injured in the workplace, that's up to the taxpayers. The taxpayers must provide the totally free education with the free meals for them.

The elites have it very very nice with all this taxpayer subsidized labor. Of course they don't want to pay legal wages or provide health insurance plans or pay into social security and FICA taxes for them, workman's comp.
I think this is true. Illegals are easily exploited, and can't go to the authorities and draw attention to themselves.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:37 AM

416 posts, read 372,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
But the cities with sanctuary policies are doing the best, and have good economies. They also have lower unemployment.

Can you explain that?
Stereotyping, much? I am a liberal and I despise illegals, too.

It has been said, but ok.. supply/demand - you know that, right? supply -> workers willing to work for minimum wage ( illegals) or less. Demand -> dirt cheap workers. Result -> Declining wages.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:55 PM

71,937 posts, read 83,597,281 times
Quote:
But the cities with sanctuary policies are doing the best, and have good economies. They also have lower unemployment.

Can you explain that?
do you stay up at night or lay awake planning on what threads with no facts you will post the next day? In most cases cities with a large number of illegals also have high unemployment and more crime. Is this the fault of the illegals? Maybe not, maybe it is just due to the urban mind set, but your statement would need some strong back up to make it believable and I don't mean comments out of some liberal publication

Nita

Old 04-09-2011, 12:57 PM

401 posts, read 413,634 times
Quote:

Can you explain that?
What planet are you on ?

Old 04-09-2011, 01:03 PM

20,976 posts, read 16,261,271 times
Quote:

Can you explain that?
Even if you weren't making things up, what's the difference?

Do you believe in the sovereignty of America?

Old 04-09-2011, 01:07 PM

20,976 posts, read 16,261,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
I think this is true. Illegals are easily exploited, and can't go to the authorities and draw attention to themselves.
Too bad.

If they're going to break our laws, they deserve to be exploited.

I'm all for it!

Typical liberal mentality. Oh No! Someone is breaking into out nation and breaking our laws and someone is exploiting them! We must put an end to the exploitation!

Old 04-09-2011, 01:08 PM

5,532 posts, read 5,974,979 times
1) I am neither conservative, nor republican.
2) Illegal immigration isn't only damaging the economy, but destroys the society of the US:
The little town I live in, was recently declared majority hispanic. Once a middle class sanctuary, it became a ghetto.
3) Some want to divert the discussion to "racism", but that doesn't hold water. I believe that the human tsunami that washed the US in last 30 years, is not about the immigrants race, but about the magnitude of this move. Most people I know (and maybe that doesn't say much) like living in mixed neighborhoods, with people of different backgrounds, but not ghettos.
4) This massive move of population, effects society in more ways. Some employers got used to exploiting human beings as a daily practice. For example, when people are ready to work for cents, minimal wage lost its original meaning.
5) Above all, I find it weird that a country cannot control who is living within its borders. That is perhaps the first sign of sovereignty. Its even weirder that this country is considered the most powerful of all. "Immigration" advocates don't seem to have a problem with that, they argue it is "natural" among neighbors...
Try sending masses of foreigners to "countries" like Liechtenstein or Monaco and you will see what happens.

Last edited by oberon_1; 04-09-2011 at 01:30 PM..

Old 04-09-2011, 05:01 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,892,265 times
Do you have proof, read an article a couple months back on this issue. Not the way you have describe things, Not all sanctuary cities and there are many, are doing well. It is not so. Do you have an actual link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or