U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 12:24 AM

18,677 posts, read 17,077,598 times

Advertisements

"You see how easy it is to get documented legally, when you are starving, and have a family to feed. You do what you have to do."

And we arrest you for breaking the law, and send you back. If both occured, I'd have no issues.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:28 AM

442 posts, read 475,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Good morning,

Most people's ancestors followed the legal route to get here. That's the difference, following the laws to come here vs. just breaking in. I don't have respect for people who break the laws of the country they want to enjoy.

Unfortunately, my ancestors came here involuntarily yet legally. Thank God for their struggles and perseverance, otherwise I wouldn't be able to enjoy the fruits of this free country they fought for me to inherit.

So, would you excuse a poor person for breaking into your house and making himself at home, eating your food and enjoying what you worked hard to pay for, simply because he needed a better life? If not, then you are the hypocrite.
First and foremost, I believe in helping those less fortunate. I donate time, and do what I can, to help my fellow humans, regardless of "status." I would be more than happy to help out a starving family.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:28 AM

3,813 posts, read 3,659,981 times
Mine the borders. Conduct military operations on them. Anyone coming across is told, "Turn around or you will be shot." They don't turn around, shoot them. End of problem.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:29 AM

You guys probably are anti-abortion too, lol.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:32 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,647,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Metal View Post
First and foremost, I believe in helping those less fortunate. I donate time, and do what I can, to help my fellow humans, regardless of "status." I would be more than happy to help out a starving family.
Good morning,

I am happy that you are helping others. That is the right way. Ignoring the laws simply because it supports your cause is not. If you don't like the laws and want to help foreigners come for a better life, advocate for change, don't advocate giving people a pass.

Remember, following your philosophy, someone can always justify breaking laws in a way that you DISLIKE by using a cause they justify.

If one is starving and has a family to feed, then one should not be making babies, or should simply "do what they have to do" in their home country. Mexico is NOT Africa with starving babies running around, let's not pretend it is, current violence notwithstanding. If Mexico is so bad, it may be best for all of their fellow citizens if they stood together and fought for changes instead of leaving their home behind to move to another country. I'm actually for the USA supporting them in achieving this since it's in our interest too if Mexico succeeds.

The ironic thing is I AM for immigration reform, the difference is I want to use and enforce our current laws or create new ones to help people come here for a better life, instead of simply ignoring the laws already on the books due to an emotional argument.

Quote:
You guys probably are anti-abortion too, lol.
OFF TOPIC, BUT, Actually I am not anti-abortion. I am neutral on the issue. I could not care less if a woman decides to kill her baby, that's between her and the god she serves (or does not serve). If it's legal or not, I don't care at all. But since it's currently legal, I am also for men having the right to a "financial abortion" to equalize pre-parental rights.

Just because we disagree on immigration doesn't mean I'm some religious conservative. (I'm not a liberal either).

Last edited by Freedom123; 04-10-2011 at 12:44 AM..

Old 04-10-2011, 01:06 AM

2,487 posts, read 5,125,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
But the cities with sanctuary policies are doing the best, and have good economies. They also have lower unemployment.

Can you explain that?

You are just talking.

Many of the sanctuary cities don't have a lot of illegal immigrants.

San Francisco has a hispanic populations of somewhere between 15-20%. That isn't a whole lot. Many unemployed people leave San Francisco due to the expense of living there.

How is the unemployment rate in Fresno, Bakersfield, Watsonville and San Bernardino?

Old 04-10-2011, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Good morning,

I am happy that you are helping others. That is the right way. Ignoring the laws simply because it supports your cause is not. If you don't like the laws and want to help foreigners come for a better life, advocate for change, don't advocate giving people a pass.

Remember, following your philosophy, someone can always justify breaking laws in a way that you DISLIKE by using a cause they justify.

If one is starving and has a family to feed, then one should not be making babies, or should simply "do what they have to do" in their home country. Mexico is NOT Africa with starving babies running around, let's not pretend it is, current violence notwithstanding. If Mexico is so bad, it may be best for all of their fellow citizens if they stood together and fought for changes instead of leaving their home behind to move to another country. I'm actually for the USA supporting them in achieving this since it's in our interest too if Mexico succeeds.

The ironic thing is I AM for immigration reform, the difference is I want to use and enforce our current laws or create new ones to help people come here for a better life, instead of simply ignoring the laws already on the books due to an emotional argument.

OFF TOPIC, BUT, Actually I am not anti-abortion. I am neutral on the issue. I could not care less if a woman decides to kill her baby, that's between her and the god she serves (or does not serve). If it's legal or not, I don't care at all. But since it's currently legal, I am also for men having the right to a "financial abortion" to equalize pre-parental rights.

Just because we disagree on immigration doesn't mean I'm some religious conservative. (I'm not a liberal either).
I am very politically active for REAL change, and that includes fighting stereotypes and racism. Well, I think ALL people should be treated fairly, humanely and with respect. People need to have more compassion with dealing with all people, and more consideration for others in general.
It is not your business if people want to have large or small families. This is such a non-issue, but the Repubs keep it going with the media because it appeals to certain voters, and they get those votes to stay in office. Meanwhile, they don't WANT to reform the laws, because it suits them just fine as is.
Besides, the money spent on undocumented immigrants is a drop in the bucket of our "debt" when most of our debt is spent on military and corporate welfare. Mexicans coming in, is nothing. Yes, even with the crappy jobs they take here, that most Americans haven't taken in decades.

Mexico is bad, because the U.S. helped make it that way, believe it or not. Look up what Blackwater is doing down there, and their involvement with the Cartels. It is beyond corrupt, and the U.S. has their hands all up in there. We are the ones who "assign" the presidents there, too. Just look at Vicente Fox. It is all very corrupt, and the U.S. does ANYTHING they can to power grab, that is for sure. This stuff has been going on for decades. You should look up all the things the CIA has done to TRAIN the cartels. It is DISGUSTING. We shouldn't be fighting each other, we should be banding together to fight the REAL issues.

Also, I am really one NOT to support abortions, unless they are absolutely necessary.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:50 AM

10,032 posts, read 7,129,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
But the cities with sanctuary policies are doing the best, and have good economies. They also have lower unemployment.

Can you explain that?

No, we can't because there's nothng to explain.

Illegal Aliens: Economic Consequences (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/immigration/5151-illegal-aliens-economic-consequences - broken link)

Epic
Thread
FAIL

Old 04-10-2011, 06:55 AM

10,032 posts, read 7,129,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
maybe Conservative businessmen should stop hiring "illegals"! Funny how they complain about them but still keep hiring them! Hypocrisy at it's finest thanks to the bottom line!

What does that have to do with sanctuary cities that may or may not be doing well?

Nice off topic post.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:19 AM

4,835 posts, read 4,824,617 times
Quote:
You see how easy it is to get documented legally, when you are starving, and have a family to feed. You do what you have to do.
So you are defending illegal aliens?

Does that mean my dad - a legal immigrant from a 3rd world country - with no education will get a refund? Are you going to refund him all the money he spent during his immigration process?

He also had a family to feed: 3 sisters and parents who were farmers. My dad and his family were POOR as it gets! What makes his situation different? Oh yeah...he CHOSE to follow the law!

If anything such as amnesty happens, I want a refund in behalf of my dad. I want every single legal immigrant in this country to get a refund.

Wait, why do we even bother having a legal immigration process when one can just cross the border illegally, tell a sob story and win the minds and hearts of several Americans who refuse to put their other fellow Americans and legal immigrants first?

I say let's just allow ANYONE here! Let's not enforce our laws, let's give illegal aliens and their children every benefit they can possibly get...

Wait, isn't that what is happening now? And isn't this country going to sh*t?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or