Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 10:44 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,101,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Metal View Post
Please stop referring to human beings as illegal. They are people. That is all.
They are people that have done something illegal. Maybe the word criminal is more appropriate.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:53 PM

401 posts, read 473,422 times
Quote:
Human beings that break the law by crossing the border into the U.S. (or any country) without approval are know as illegal aliens. They are criminals. Their status is illegal. They are illegal human being aliens.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:54 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,356,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
But the cities with sanctuary policies are doing the best, and have good economies. They also have lower unemployment.

Can you explain that?

Illegal immigrants come here to take American jobs.

Why would they go to an area without jobs available?

You seriously couldn't figure that out?

Old 04-09-2011, 10:56 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,819,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
But the cities with sanctuary policies are doing the best, and have good economies. They also have lower unemployment.

Can you explain that?
Hoe do YOU spell I L L E G A L ?

Old 04-09-2011, 10:57 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,887,185 times
Quote:
Good evening,

I suppose we should stop calling fraudsters, scammers, thieves, burglars, murderers, rapists, and other people who break laws by the names that fit their crimes simply because they are people too.

I'm not equating illegal aliens to murderers and rapists, but if a person breaks the law, the name does apply to the person committing the crime.

Or is it now ok for people to break certain laws a subset of citizens don't agree with? I didn't get the memo.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:09 AM

442 posts, read 552,674 times
Have a little respect for people who are in oppressive conditions who came here for a better life, just as many of your ancestors did themselves. Total hypocrisy.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:13 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,958,337 times
"if a person breaks the law, the name does apply to the person committing the crime."

Amen. Unlike my ancestors and 99% of all folks ancestors, this group are criminals, as they broke the law. Immigration has a legal process, which they should follow. No excuses.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:20 AM

Funny thing is, when I lived in Texas, Dubya in fact appealed to the Texas Latinos, because he wanted the vote. My uncle is a member of the Senate in Texas, and is in fact Mexican American. Unfortunately, my uncle helped Dubya win the election as Governor. Dubya was very pro-undocumented immigrant, because it would save his corporation buddies money to have them working as employees. If they really wanted to close the borders they would have. They don't intend to really, but they get the "anti-immigration" crowd running into a frenzy, just chasing a carrot for votes, when they really don't intend to anything about it.

Last edited by Annie Metal; 04-10-2011 at 12:22 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 04-10-2011, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
"if a person breaks the law, the name does apply to the person committing the crime."

Amen. Unlike my ancestors and 99% of all folks ancestors, this group are criminals, as they broke the law. Immigration has a legal process, which they should follow. No excuses.
You see how easy it is to get documented legally, when you are starving, and have a family to feed. You do what you have to do.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:21 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,887,185 times
Quote:
Have a little respect for people who are in oppressive conditions who came here for a better life, just as many of your ancestors did themselves. Total hypocrisy.
Good morning,

Most people's ancestors followed the legal route to get here. That's the difference, following the laws to come here vs. just breaking in. I don't have respect for people who break the laws of the country they want to enjoy.

Unfortunately, my ancestors came here involuntarily yet legally. Thank God for their struggles and perseverance, otherwise I wouldn't be able to enjoy the fruits of this free country they fought for me to inherit.

Quote:
You see how easy it is to get documented legally, when you are starving, and have a family to feed. You do what you have to do.

So, would you excuse a poor person for breaking into your house and making himself at home, eating your food and enjoying what you worked hard to pay for, simply because he needed a better life? If not, then you are the hypocrite.

Last edited by Freedom123; 04-10-2011 at 12:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.