Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 12:48 PM

210 posts, read 209,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
The saddest part of this is:

WE have LEGAL Citizens Americans that are going hungry and are homeless in this country and we give, give, give to the illegals over our own LEGAL Citizens.
It is a dishonor to everyone in this country!
yes i Say deport all illegals..i dont care if they're from France, Canada, or Mexico, England, or Japan...if u broke the law you go.....
we have a pathway to citizenship.....ITS CALLED LEGAL IMMIGRATION

Old 04-10-2011, 12:50 PM

442 posts, read 552,971 times
I think you guys miss the point. Laws change. People become legal when they are able to. The government doesn't have "the funds in welfare" because they choose to put it in wars which make companies TRILLIONS of profits, including General Electric, Blackwater, etc.., and subsidize corporations. Mexico is CONTROLLED by the U.S.!!! We have the money to feed the world if we wanted to.

Not everyone wants to come here. This place isn't what it used to be, with diminishing opportunities, and less and less manufacturing jobs, small business loans, freedoms diminishing, etc. People would rather go to Canada or other countries without the "I've got mine, Jack, you are on your own" mentality.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:54 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Metal View Post
I think you guys miss the point. Laws change. People become legal when they are able to. The government doesn't have "the funds in welfare" because they choose to put it in wars which make companies TRILLIONS of profits, including General Electric, Blackwater, etc.., and subsidize corporations. Mexico is CONTROLLED by the U.S.!!! We have the money to feed the world if we wanted to.

Not everyone wants to come here. This place isn't what it used to be, with diminishing opportunities, and less and less manufacturing jobs, small business loans, freedoms diminishing, etc. People would rather go to Canada or other countries without the "I've got mine, Jack, you are on your own" mentality.
Mexico is not controlled by the US
Mexico is hugely FUNDED by the USA by all those illegals sending money home to their families!

Old 04-10-2011, 01:00 PM

442 posts, read 552,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Mexico is hugely FUNDED by the USA by all those illegals sending money home to their families!
Wrong. Do some research on Blackwater, Vicente Fox, and Cheney, CIA, etc.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:03 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Metal View Post

Money Sent Back To Mexico Set To Surpass Oil Revenue This Year
By Digger / March 29, 2005 12:32 AM Bookmark and Share

In February I reported on the record $16.6 billion sent back to Mexico from immigrants here in the U.S., a 24% increase from 2003. The latest estimates show that this year those "remittances" as they call them, are expected to top Mexico's oil industry as the number one form of revenue for the country. This is all being fascilitated by bank in the United States that refuse to enforce laws on the books regarding reporting criminal and illegal transactions and instead would sell out our country for a dollar.

Lou Dobbs (transcript March 21, 2005)
Money Sent Back To Mexico Set To Surpass Oil Revenue This Year : Diggers Realm

Illegal immigrants wiring money have an amigo: the Fed

Even as the federal government is starting to crack down on companies that hire illegal immigrants, it's been helping those same workers send money home, cheap.
Dubbed Directo a Mexico, the Federal Reserve-sponsored service allows customers without Social Security numbers to wire money through the Fed system to Mexico's central bank at little cost. In September, the Fed expanded the remittance program by allowing immigrants, legal or not, to open accounts at participating banks and credit unions in the U.S. or Mexico. About 27,000 transfers are made through the program each month.

Wiring Money To Mexico - Illegal immigrants wiring money have an amigo: the Fed - Los Angeles Times

Old 04-10-2011, 01:09 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Why do you address us as Conservatives? There are plenty of us Libs who are honest and law abiding, i.e. against illegal immigration. And I've never met a LEGAL immigrant who is for the illegals! You don't have to talk to Tea Party fringe people to find that the core Americans are AGAINST ILLEGALS no matter where they come from.

If you're an immigrant who followed the law and come here the legal way, you will not have any sympathy for sneaks who come here not caring about our country and taking free handouts. If there are any free handouts they're for our own citizens or LEGAL residents who have either live here all their lives or paid their dues and have been honest and open. Even then, handouts are for cases of emergency, not to subsidize an alternative lifestyle. Illegals are supposed to be deported.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:26 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
It is not just conservatives that say illegals destroy the economy. It is liberals too.

I despise illegals with a passion. They come in here. Invade the country and use our resources and then have the nerve to tell us we are racists. Spare me. I am against white/brown/black/whatever race or color illegals.

I am also against the fact that I am a college student who works for 9 bucks an hour and it is TAXED and goes to illegals who pop our anchor babies and then cry about how Americans just don't understand. Do you know what Mexicans do to their illegals? Go google.com and figure it out for yourself.

Yeah, they came here for a better life. Oh boo hoo hoo. Why don't we just let the rest of the world in then? Would that make more sense? Would it make you feel better knowing that everyone was in the USA?

I am so sick and tired of working ever since I was 15. I was making $5.50 an hour and even THAT was taxed. Why the hell should I work man? Why go to college? The government will take care of me. Illegals want a better life? They can APPLY LIKE THE LEGAL IMMIGRANTS and wait their turn. Just like everyone else.

I just laugh so hard at people who sit here saying "they came here for a better life" or "you're racist". Please. I have brown skin so don't even start with me. You can take all the illegals and shelter them in your homes because I don't want even a cent going to them. They come here, trash our flag and nation and then put up their flag. You think California and Texas is yours? Come fight us for it.

So sick and tired of it. This never ending round of crap.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:32 PM

210 posts, read 209,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theliberalvoice View Post
it is not just conservatives that say illegals destroy the economy. It is liberals too.

I despise illegals with a passion. They come in here. Invade the country and use our resources and then have the nerve to tell us we are racists. Spare me. I am against white/brown/black/whatever race or color illegals.

I am also against the fact that i am a college student who works for 9 bucks an hour and it is taxed and goes to illegals who pop our anchor babies and then cry about how americans just don't understand. Do you know what mexicans do to their illegals? Go google.com and figure it out for yourself.

Yeah, they came here for a better life. Oh boo hoo hoo. Why don't we just let the rest of the world in then? Would that make more sense? Would it make you feel better knowing that everyone was in the usa?

I am so sick and tired of working ever since i was 15. I was making $5.50 an hour and even that was taxed. Why the hell should i work man? Why go to college? The government will take care of me. Illegals want a better life? They can apply like the legal immigrants and wait their turn. Just like everyone else.

I just laugh so hard at people who sit here saying "they came here for a better life" or "you're racist". Please. I have brown skin so don't even start with me. You can take all the illegals and shelter them in your homes because i don't want even a cent going to them. They come here, trash our flag and nation and then put up their flag. You think california and texas is yours? Come fight us for it.

you are correct

Old 04-10-2011, 01:32 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
It is not just conservatives that say illegals destroy the economy. It is liberals too.

I am also against the fact that I am a college student who works for 9 bucks an hour and it is TAXED and goes to illegals who pop our anchor babies and then cry about how Americans just don't understand. Do you know what Mexicans do to their illegals? Go google.com and figure it out for yourself.

Yeah, they came here for a better life. Oh boo hoo hoo. Why don't we just let the rest of the world in then? Would that make more sense? Would it make you feel better knowing that everyone was in the USA?

I am so sick and tired of working ever since I was 15. I was making $5.50 an hour and even THAT was taxed. Why the hell should I work man? Why go to college? The government will take care of me. Illegals want a better life? They can APPLY LIKE THE LEGAL IMMIGRANTS and wait their turn. Just like everyone else.

I just laugh so hard at people who sit here saying "they came here for a better life" or "you're racist". Please. I have brown skin so don't even start with me. You can take all the illegals and shelter them in your homes because I don't want even a cent going to them. They come here, trash our flag and nation and then put up their flag. You think California and Texas is yours? Come fight us for it.

wow, when i imagine a liberal, these are the last things i expect to him/her to say. as for your text i bolded, it seems 'the more, the merrier' is already happening. you'd think after sept 11 this wouldn't be the case. i still think there's likely a top-secret high-level gov't plan that approves of 'the more, the merrier'. and we'e not being told exactly what that plan is. jmho.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:38 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,660 times
I am a liberal and I am very anti illegal immigration.

Illegal immigrants cause all sorts of problems including problems with urban planning, school overcrowding and lowered wages for those at the bottom of the wage scale.

FYI in the interest of adding facts to this debate:

Study Details Lives of Illegal Immigrants in U.S. : NPR

Quote:
More than 10 million illegal immigrants are thought to live in the United States. The overwhelming majority are Hispanic; most are from Mexico.
As the report states half do not have a high school diploma.

Mexico is not a poor nation.

Mexico has National Health Insurance:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/30/wo.../30mexico.html

Mexicans are not starving.

Obesity up in Mexico, especially among children | Health & Medicine | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Quote:
Though still afflicted by large pockets of the malnourished poor, Mexico is fat and quickly getting fatter, its children gaining weight faster than anyone else in the country.

About 70 percent of Mexican adults are now overweight, according to government estimates, more than triple the number of three decades ago. Also, about a third of the country's schoolchildren and teenagers are overweight, making Mexicans the second-heaviest people on the planet, gaining quickly on their American neighbors.
Mexico is home to ten billionaires including the world's richest man:

Mexico’s Ten Billionaires (According to the Forbes List)

So basically many illegal immigrants are simply people from Mexico who cannot make it in their own societies because of poor personal choices such as dropping out of high school and early childbearing decisions. I would like to know why a) they should get to skip the lines ahead of legal immigrants and b) why the American taxpayer should welcome Mexico's badly educated underclass?

I have never seen a satisfactory answer to either question. How is a 22 year old with three children, no English fluency and a seventh grade education going to contribute anything to our economy? And why the heck should we let him even try?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration