U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 09:33 AM

47,585 posts, read 35,942,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
I never mentioned racism. I do not advocate for illegal immigration or welfare. In my opinion welfare needs to be abolished. However, enforcing the law needs to start with AMERICAN EMPLOYERS.

And I am a hispanic woman with 2 master's degrees and a BSEE. So do not say hispanics, because that is racist. Say illegal immigrants of hispanic descent.

In my opinion, they do work harder and are human beings. And I can not demonize human beings. As much as I advocate for legal immigration and follow the rules, seriously the tone of these boards is disgusting.
Saying all Americans are too lazy to work and study is also racist - keep that in mind. So is saying that the "raza" is a harder working race than any others.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:35 AM

1,646 posts, read 1,293,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Saying all Americans are too lazy to work and study is also racist - keep that in mind. So is saying that the "raza" is a harder working race than any others.
Not all of them. I am just giving you an example of why some americans are not competitive in the work force. Young Americans. And there is no "raza". please educate yourself.

Hispanic is an etnicity not a race. I am a white hispanic. there are black hispanic and mulato hispanic

Old 04-11-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Not disdain, I love my american friends. It is just that in my school they are always complaining. You never see them study and they complain and complain and complain (oh how hard this is my god )

Not all of them, and they only get b's and c's. I do not understand why? It just does not look good to be proud to be mediocre.

But I guess I can not say all americans are like that. I like them, but they just do not like to work hard.
Maybe Americans are a bit less passive and submissive -- with all our complainig, we managed to create the country most immigrants wish to come to. Maybe you need to look a little harder at that complaining, and realize that it might show something of the great American character, a desire to have things better, not just a desire to leave our country behind and get more money somewhere else but a desire to have things improved here.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Maybe Americans are a bit less passive and submissive -- with all our complainig, we managed to create the country most immigrants wish to come to. Maybe you need to look a little harder at that complaining, and realize that it might show something of the great American character, a desire to have things better, not just a desire to leave our country behind and get more money somewhere else but a desire to have things improved here.
Maybe young americans just do not like to go for the harder majors. And maybe to keep this country #1 they need people with willingness to be more than mediocre

Let me put it this way. One day I will be a CEO with all my degrees and all. And If I were to pick one my classmates as say CFO, let me just say most americans do not make the cut.

I do apologize for that. seriously

Old 04-11-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
I love the US. Have you served your country? Because I offered to serve in the army (I have a physical ailment and they did not take me). I am not a US Citizen yet and yet I offered to serve along with thousands of immigrants.

If that is not love than I do not know what it is.
You don't seem to have any love or respect of the American people. I would wonder why someone would want to leave their own country behind and come to a country where they think the people are lazy and inferior. Other than easy money, I can't think of the reason.

Look at the American Civil Rights movement - you might say those people were simply complainers, but they had a bad situation and they didn't leave en masse to some other country, they didn't promote the breaking of another country's laws, they stayed -- and complained - and made things better.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Maybe a couple generations before,but these days no so much.

This country was created by immigrants and they all left their countries behind even your forefathers.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
You don't seem to have any love or respect of the American people. I would wonder why someone would want to leave their own country behind and come to a country where they think the people are lazy and inferior. Other than easy money, I can't think of the reason.

Look at the American Civil Rights movement - you might say those people were simply complainers, but they had a bad situation and they didn't leave en masse to some other country, they didn't promote the breaking of another country's laws, they stayed -- and complained - and made things better.
I am not speaking of that type of complaining

I am talking about: "why is this so hard, I need my weekends to party, I just do not do numbers "

I love this country, but seriously competitiveness in a global is a reality. You seem to hate immigrants and called us cowards, but you came from the same group. Just some cowards that left their country. Just saying.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Maybe young americans just do not like to go for the harder majors. And maybe to keep this country #1 they need people with willingness to be more than mediocre

Let me put it this way. One day I will be a CEO with all my degrees and all. And If I were to pick one my classmates as say CFO, let me just say most americans do not make the cut.

I do apologize for that. seriously
I know I know. Not a single American, not a white American, not a black American can match up to your raza. Unfortunately you're not here to hire Ameircans but to bring in the cheapest possible labor. More profits if you can pay less and offer no benefits too.

I would guess most Americans would sense your distain for American workers and not prefer to work for you anyhow.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:45 AM

MOst americans love me. And I love them back. I just do not understand how can some americans can be proud of getting a B. MOst of my classmates love me, I just do not go telling them to try to make an effort. It is none of my business.

and then they do not understand why the chinese guy or the indian guy or the hispanic girl with a 4.0 got the job.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
I am not speaking of that type of complaining

I am talking about: "why is this so hard, I need my weekends to party, I just do not do numbers "

I love this country, but seriously competitiveness in a global is a reality. You seem to hate immigrants and called us cowards, but you came from the same group. Just some cowards that left their country. Just saying.
I actually like some immigrants.

For example this guy from India came here at age 21 and he said all his life he wanted to be an American, he would watch every show he could from the USA, he learned English, practiced an American accent - from the shows he watched and he is as American as can be.

Like I said, immigration shouldn't be just about getting here to the big easy money but should be about a desire to become a real part of the American people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration