Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 10:39 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,589,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Don't you think that the people handling your food now are full of spite?

Do you think fast food workers and short order cooks are happy with their crappy wages?

Spiteful people are already handling your food.
yes but people in mcjobs are hired, they're not forced to be there. when we think of forced labor handling food, think of the word 'spite' and drop the final 'e'

(gross)

Old 04-09-2011, 10:40 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Using myself as an example:

When I was in high school in the late 80s I worked at a fast food restaurant and my duties ranged from cleaning the floors, taking out the trash, and cleaning dishes to working the cash register and preparing the food. It was grungy at times and the hours meant I had little-to-no social life. But it was decent money for someone in high school. So, to answer part of your question - teenagers.

When I was in college in the early 90s I worked at a utility and my job was reading gas meters. It helped pay for school supplies and my car. Others who worked there who were not in college considered the job a stepping stone to higher, permanent positions in the company. To answer another part of your question - college students and high school graduates.

[we don't need illegal immigrants for anything]

Old 04-09-2011, 10:42 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
yes but people in mcjobs are hired, they're not forced to be there. when we think of forced labor handling food, think of the word 'spite' and drop the final 'e'

(gross)
I know, and we all know things like that are happening now, that's why I am not too fond of eating out.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:45 PM

401 posts, read 473,538 times
People currently "unemployed" and receiving government entitlements could take the jobs instead of being payed by the government. If they don't take the jobs, let them figure it out themselves. I am tired of illegals leeching our system. I am tired of welfare recipients who are able bodied and able minded sitting on their butts and watching TV all day.

Get the illegals out and give the welfare recipients their jobs.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:30 AM

93 posts, read 138,875 times
you have to remember that there were mannny people who did those jobs before the influx of illegals but the employers pushed them out when illegals accepted lower wages. my hubby and i own a construction company and the same thing happens, illegals under-bid us so they get the job.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:04 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
..."teenage americans of all colors? black american adults? new immigrants from asia? who?"

My boyfriend and I are both white. We have a child on the way - she will be born in June.

He was fired 2 weeks ago from his construction job. Oh, they actually fired 6 people around the same time...and guess what? The week before he was let go, they hired a man....an ILLEGAL alien...and now the job site is full of Brazilians who do NOT speak English. I keep hoping and praying they are here legally but I highly doubt it. And please I am not being racist because my dad is Brazilian as well ( a legal immigrant ).

Now my boyfriend ( who is a 10 year Army veteran ) cannot find a job.

"Those kind of jobs"

I have worked for McDonald's, Taco Bell, Burguer King. I have held one of "those jobs". Granted, it was before I joined the Army but I did work at fast food places.

I have a friend who just recently separated from the Navy and he applied for a job at McDonald's. I am not even kidding. He is white and has some education. He can't find jobs anywhere else. You gotta do what you gotta do to put food on the table.

Oh and by the way, unlike what some people seem to think, a lot of illegal aliens are not afraid to let the world know they are here illegally. Amazing huh? It's like they know nobody is going to come after them. They just don't care at all.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:36 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Don't you think that the people handling your food now are full of spite?

Do you think fast food workers and short order cooks are happy with their crappy wages?

Spiteful people are already handling your food.
as a short order cook for many years I was very happy with my pay. I was not an illegal but their were some there that were and getting pay just as good if not better. you would be surprice what this employers are willing to pay good short order cooks. and they will pass on thier savings of not paying the government taxes to thier workers. I am not pro illegal. what I am trying to say is that Americans can do theese jobs and make lots of money doing it, if only government would not creat such a burden trough taxes on this businesses.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:25 AM

157 posts, read 140,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
i doubt i'd want them handling food. they might be full of spite.

non-food? then maybe
You would rather eat the spit of an illegal than an American? You don't know what they put in your food. They don't care. They'll just go get another one of 'those' jobs.

The American teenagers spend their summers playing video games because they cannot find a summer job anywhere. Between them, and welfare recipients, my guess is 'those' jobs would be taken up.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:31 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Americans worked “those jobs” prior to the invasion, and they would continue if illegals were gone. It is a myth that illegals are only picking crops or working in fast food restaurants. They’re everywhere.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:36 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by standupandbecounted View Post
You would rather eat the spit of an illegal than an American? You don't know what they put in your food. They don't care. They'll just go get another one of 'those' jobs.

Arpaio issues warning to deputies about McDonald (http://www.svherald.com/content/news/2011/02/06/arpaio-issues-warning-deputies-about-mcdonald-s - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration