U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Would you be willing to sponsor an Illegal Immigrant?
Yes, I would be more than willing to act as sponsor to illegal immigrants. 19 7.09%
No, but I would be happy to pay a higher personal tax to help pay for their support. 7 2.61%
No, but I would be happy to host them in my home if someone else pays me for it. 2 0.75%
No. I do not wish to support illegal immigrants in ANY way with my tax dollars or personal income. 240 89.55%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 01:42 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,229,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amv4372 View Post
Cyana!!!!!!

I just read the last part of your post. I need to go back and copy and paste all that I typed in the GA forum on here yesterday. I have INS on speed dial on my cell, I attented meetings of the city council to pass the new law, I have personally watched 3 arrests thanks to me of illegals that gang up on a street corners in Canton.

Everyone should be pissed off about this issue! I started in the early 90's when my mother's head went through her windshield because she was hit head on by an illegal immigrant with a valid GA license since he stole another man's id.

I am VERY passionate about this.

EDITED TO ADD: I say passionate others say I'm a racist! I'm getting it done and that is all that matters. they can call me what they want to.
Its nice to know that someone else is being proactive. I have also made a habit of reporting any local businesses in my area which appear to be hiring illegals.

But, just to make it clear, my post was aimed at those who say that they WOULD be happy to sponsor or in some way support illegals. I'd like to know if any of them have stepped up to the plate or are just blowing hot air up our asses, LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 02:01 PM

63 posts, read 72,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Its nice to know that someone else is being proactive. I have also made a habit of reporting any local businesses in my area which appear to be hiring illegals.

But, just to make it clear, my post was aimed at those who say that they WOULD be happy to sponsor or in some way support illegals. I'd like to know if any of them have stepped up to the plate or are just blowing hot air up our asses, LOL!

Oh sorry!!! I was tooting my own horn I guess but after posting on here yesterday you would understand lol!

I'm thrilled I found this forum where people are actually talking sense!

Old 06-16-2011, 02:07 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,229,270 times
Quote:
Oh sorry!!! I was tooting my own horn I guess but after posting on here yesterday you would understand lol!

Toot away!

Old 06-16-2011, 03:28 PM

14,307 posts, read 5,984,414 times
Quote:

Well, some of us in here are talking sense. I think you can decipher which ones are and which ones aren't.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:40 PM

5,305 posts, read 1,787,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
...They rarely have an income tax liability at the end of the year because of their low wages and large families...
So they are filing taxes, is that by a Social Security number or ITIN?...

Quote:
...However, many do commit other offences besides coming here illegelly. Like I.D. and SS number theft to work. Those are felonies...
I actually thought the Supreme Court recently ruled that the identity theft had to be "knowingly" to be charged that way...

Quote:
Examiner used as a quote, can't we have something more credible? "Foreign-born as non-citizens"? Sure legal immigrants are as well, the author is trying create a false perception that it is all illegal immigrants.

Even identifying it as "Mexican workers, sending money back home" is not correct, there was money I sent to my Mother-In-Law in there...

Old 06-16-2011, 04:42 PM

13,387 posts, read 9,457,508 times
Quote:

There's another "illegal Immigration" forum called "ALIPAC"
that give up to date info, and links on how to take action in your state.

Illegal Immigration: Americans Fighting Back

Old 06-16-2011, 05:59 PM

14,307 posts, read 5,984,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post

I actually thought the Supreme Court recently ruled that the identity theft had to be "knowingly" to be charged that way...

Examiner used as a quote, can't we have something more credible? "Foreign-born as non-citizens"? Sure legal immigrants are as well, the author is trying create a false perception that it is all illegal immigrants.

Even identifying it as "Mexican workers, sending money back home" is not correct, there was money I sent to my Mother-In-Law in there...

I don't know how they are filing, you tell me.

Yeah, they don't know what they are doing.

Doesn't matter whatever monies illegal aliens are sending out of our country, it is monies not being spent in our economy. Most citizens aren't sending money out of our country in great quantities every single week or month.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:18 PM

2,477 posts, read 757,294 times
Quote:
Those that file with an ITIN are required to show the Social Security Number under which the wages were earned. If a primary taxpayer, spouse, or both have ITINs, they are ineligible to receive the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). This is the only credit they are denied. They can have a negative tax owed, meaning they receive back more than was deducted from their payroll checks.

Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) Reminders for Tax Professionals

If they file with an SS number they are entitled to all Tax Credits to include EITC. They can have a negative tax owed, meaning they receive back more than was deducted from their payroll checks.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:24 PM

2,477 posts, read 757,294 times
Quote:
I actually thought the Supreme Court recently ruled that the identity theft had to be "knowingly" to be charged that way..
The case was Flores-Figueroa <i>The court agreed that the illegal immigrant could be charged with a misdemeanor for using an identification he knew was false, but he could not be charged with a felony of aggravated identity theft because he did not know he was using someone else’s Social Security number.</i>

Old 06-16-2011, 06:41 PM

221 posts, read 233,283 times
I'm sure most on here go to the web site ... Numbersusa.com. this is a great site where after you go through a simple sign up process you are able to send FREE faxes to our representatives. The site also has the phone number for all representatives. If one is passionate about stopping this illegal alien trend I would highly advise becomming active before our country turns into a 3rd world country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration