Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be willing to sponsor an Illegal Immigrant?
Yes, I would be more than willing to act as sponsor to illegal immigrants. 19 7.09%
No, but I would be happy to pay a higher personal tax to help pay for their support. 7 2.61%
No, but I would be happy to host them in my home if someone else pays me for it. 2 0.75%
No. I do not wish to support illegal immigrants in ANY way with my tax dollars or personal income. 240 89.55%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 03:40 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yes, and liberalism and these free give-a-ways to illegal alien lawbreakers will end up destroying our country.

And you can take that to the BANK!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 03:48 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,256,082 times
Why should we reward people for cheating?

Old 08-03-2011, 03:52 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
My husband I went to a Hometown Buffet about a month ago and two Hispanic employees were interviewing an Hispanic applicant for a job right in the dining area. I wondered at the time why they were interviewing her in Spanish. I would think if she was a citizen that she would know how to speak English, wouldn't she? I wasn't aware that Hometown Buffet has a reputation for hiring illegal aliens. I won't be dining there again.

Knew there was a reason, i hate that place, and the food sucks. I would never eat at that place ever, heard stories about the buffet.

I am in San Clemente, and don't have a problem with this. But i understand this does go on in other areas, and i would be doing what i could also, if experienced with these kinds of problems. We can make statements in this way, establishments we go to, such as stores, restaurants, fast food, where the employees do not speak English, don't frequent them, they will get the message, if they lose business, but it seems too many do not care. So many of us get so mad, and complain, but what do we actually do to make a difference. In my State i am constantly on the phone, emailing, sending letters, to no avail, Calif IS JUST PLAIN IGNORANT AND DUMB, thanks guys for voting the ingorant Dems in again, thanks really apprecaite the screwing up more of this State. I do not support the rights of those people who come to this Country illegally, it is wrong, no matter the reason.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:35 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
So, if we should just leave illegal alien lawbreakers alone, should we also just leave American lawbreakers alone? If we do want American lawbreakers to be arrested for violating our laws, do we need to deal with our personal issues? Because as you said, living in such a state of negativity is detrimental to our health and diminishes our quality of life.
Some of them, yes. We make these decisions every day. We have finite resources, and enforcement is expensive.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:44 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Some of them, yes. We make these decisions every day. We have finite resources, and enforcement is expensive.
The problem is that its not just a matter of not enforcing the law. The ones who call for an amnesty are advocating rewarding those who violate the law.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:20 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The problem is that its not just a matter of not enforcing the law. The ones who call for an amnesty are advocating rewarding those who violate the law.
What kind of "rewards" do you mean? My experience is that many people here say "reward" when they mean "the things that everyone else experiences." Private funding for college? REWARD. Not getting shot when they cross the border? REWARD.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:21 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,424,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by letaek View Post
For those who want the illegals to go home - do you support the farmers in this country?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/31/us.../31verify.html

Most of these jobs are not jobs americans want.

"In one sample, Mr. Carlton said, 344 Americans came forward to fill 1,800 pickers’ jobs; only eight were still working at the end of the two-month season. "

I agree - businesses should verify citizenship - but in a case such as farming, where most of it is illegal labor, why not grant temporary citizenship? Unless you want to pay 5 bucks for an apple.
You just passed the ID 10 T test.

When apples start going for 5.00 ea, that's when they'll parish where they sit and that's when roadside vegitable stands will once again flurish.

Besides, store owners known better that to try and sell parishible items at unaffordable prices

Old 08-04-2011, 03:35 AM

13,622 posts, read 10,024,461 times
Every Country wants cheap labour, even if having it undermines standards.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:38 AM

321 posts, read 362,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beclazone View Post
every greedy non tax paying corporation wants cheap labour, even if having it undermines standards.
fyp

Old 08-04-2011, 11:33 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,276,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Why should we reward people for cheating?
Shouldn't reward illegal immigrants, people who cheat on their taxes, etc. among many other things americans cheat on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration