Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be willing to sponsor an Illegal Immigrant?
Yes, I would be more than willing to act as sponsor to illegal immigrants. 19 7.09%
No, but I would be happy to pay a higher personal tax to help pay for their support. 7 2.61%
No, but I would be happy to host them in my home if someone else pays me for it. 2 0.75%
No. I do not wish to support illegal immigrants in ANY way with my tax dollars or personal income. 240 89.55%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 01:02 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,012,809 times

Advertisements

We're rewarding speeders (CHEATERS!) by letting them continue to participate in American society. We should be stripping them of their citizenship and deporting them to SOVIET RUSSIA. Because NOT doing that is REWARDING THEM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 01:18 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,633,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
We're rewarding speeders (CHEATERS!) by letting them continue to participate in American society. We should be stripping them of their citizenship and deporting them to SOVIET RUSSIA. Because NOT doing that is REWARDING THEM.
I did not know we encourage & reward speeding.

Last time I check there was a penalty for speeding.(A ticket)

Old 08-04-2011, 01:35 PM

335 posts, read 327,547 times
Quote:
LOL! That's one of the silliest things I've ever read on this forum.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:07 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,266,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
LOL! That's one of the silliest things I've ever read on this forum.
It's called a desperate and dumb analogy by the pro-illegal side.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:36 PM

It's apparently SO DUMB that nobody even has the chutzpah to answer a simple question.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:25 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,312,351 times
Quote:

I've never seen a more basless desperate rant on any forum I visit. This is a clear picture of someone who has absolutely no valid point to make in this debate.

Keep up the good work.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:59 AM

The "this is a desperate post" or the "this is a bad anlogy" ploy is pretty standard. When someone can't respond, they just try to dismiss the argument and stop the debate. If the argument they were dismissing were actually as flawed as they say, they would be able to easily refute it, but they never do.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
The "this is a desperate post" or the "this is a bad anlogy" ploy is pretty standard. When someone can't respond, they just try to dismiss the argument and stop the debate. If the argument they were dismissing were actually as flawed as they say, they would be able to easily refute it, but they never do.

When someone tries to equate illegal immigration with speeding and suggests deporting people to Russia for speeding there is nothing to debate.

What else have you got?

That's rhetorical BTW....

Old 08-05-2011, 10:37 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,205,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
When someone tries to equate illegal immigration with speeding and suggests deporting people to Russia for speeding there is nothing to debate.

What else have you got?

That's rhetorical BTW....
He wasn't trying to "equate" speeding and illegal immigration, obviously. That's a strawman, THEREFORE YOU HAVE NO POINT THEREFORE WE WIN THE DEBATE.

Just kidding, that's not a real response. See, nothing about his post equated illegal immigration and speeding. He was merely indicating that they are both situations where someone is breaking the law. Do you think that, for example, the tendency of police officers to allow a 10-15 mph cushion on speed limits is "rewarding" speeders?

Old 08-05-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
He wasn't trying to "equate" speeding and illegal immigration, obviously. That's a strawman, THEREFORE YOU HAVE NO POINT THEREFORE WE WIN THE DEBATE.

Just kidding, that's not a real response. See, nothing about his post equated illegal immigration and speeding. He was merely indicating that they are both situations where someone is breaking the law. Do you think that, for example, the tendency of police officers to allow a 10-15 mph cushion on speed limits is "rewarding" speeders?

I disagree with your assesment of his intent.

Allowing a cushion on the speed limit is an example of law enforcement using discretion. I don't consider that rewarding people. I wonder how many examples of discretion I could find with regard to illegal immigration if I search. In my book you can't compare the two anyway. Speeding and illegal immigration don't belong in the same discussion. I look forward to your subsequent attempts to paint me into a corner to somehow prove your point (whatever that may be).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration