Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be willing to sponsor an Illegal Immigrant?
Yes, I would be more than willing to act as sponsor to illegal immigrants. 19 7.09%
No, but I would be happy to pay a higher personal tax to help pay for their support. 7 2.61%
No, but I would be happy to host them in my home if someone else pays me for it. 2 0.75%
No. I do not wish to support illegal immigrants in ANY way with my tax dollars or personal income. 240 89.55%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 09:50 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Citation needed.

Citation needed but I'm almost certain this is wrong too. They don't file for returns because they use fake information.

Yes, I know my attitude that they actually help our economy, benefit our way of life and aren't horrible criminals is pretty perverse and definitely un-American.
Cite the obvious? They rarely have an income tax liability at the end of the year because of their low wages and large families.

No one has called them all "horrible" criminals. Nice exaggeration there. However, many do commit other offences besides coming here illegelly. Like I.D. and SS number theft to work. Those are felonies. Some even commit heinous crimes. Note the word "some" instead of "all" as you falsely stated?

If allowing in more immigrants than our already alloted quotas for legal immigrants were a benefit to this country then why have we not increased our quotas to include these millions of illegals? The answer is simple, we do not have the jobs and resources to accomodate them and we do not need them.

Here is the link about the remittances to Mexico.

As U.S. economy worsens, illegal aliens send even more money back home - National Immigration Reform | Examiner.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 09:53 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
Quote:
Citation needed.
Okay.

Latin American Herald Tribune - Remittances to Mexico Rise 5% in 1st Quarter

Quote:
Remittances to Mexico Rise 5% in 1st Quarter

MEXICO CITY – Emigrants’ remittances to Mexico increased 5.48 percent between January and March over the same period in 2010, Mexico’s central bank said Monday.

In the first three months of the year, remittances from outside the country rose to nearly $5.1 billion, a jump from the $4.83 billion in the first three months of 2010.

In the first quarter there were 15.7 million transfers, 1.9 percent more than in the same period the year before.

Mexico’s central bank said that remittances in March totaled $2.05 billion, significantly ahead of the $1.65 billion in February.

Each remittance averaged $343.36 in March, a month in which 5.96 million transfers were made, most of them online.

Millions of Mexican emigrants, above all the 11.5 million living in the United States, send their families a monthly sum that they often use to cover their basic living expenses.

Remittances are Mexico’s No. 2 source of revenue after oil exports. EFE

Old 06-15-2011, 10:52 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Why limit it to only our country, shouldn't that advice be followed in other lands too?...
For one thing: This is the country that I live in...

Another...why should I give a sh*t about other country's that don't give a damn about mine?

Old 06-16-2011, 07:30 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,513 times
Quote:
Citation needed.

Citation needed but I'm almost certain this is wrong too. They don't file for returns because they use fake information.

Yes, I know my attitude that they actually help our economy, benefit our way of life and aren't horrible criminals is pretty perverse and definitely un-American.
Kicking illegal aliens out aint un American. The DONT benefit me.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:32 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,513 times
Quote:
Really?

I don't believe the npr article said anything about them paying more which is what you are saying here.
Fair enough. I messed up. Tho MOST people do make more money like I said.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:37 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
1)there are no "anchor baby" laws.

2) it is legal for a illegal alien student to attend public school.

you are correct...it is not illegal to educate "those" born here...because "those" born here are American citizens just like you.
Are they really citizens or just signing up for all the "FREEBIES". I support the right for illegals to go back where they came from, and come back the legal way.

Some come here to be American, to many are now coming, because we support welfare and the "POOR ME STATUS".

Old 06-16-2011, 01:21 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,482,423 times
According to the Poll:

10 said, "Yes, I would be more than willing to act as sponsor to illegal immigrants."

5 said, "No, but I would be happy to pay a higher personal tax to help pay for their support."

2 said, "No, but I would be happy to host them in my home if someone else pays me for it."

So, out of a total of 17 people, how many of you have actually contacted ICE, Homeland Security, the INS or an illegal immigrant family and put your words into action?

Last edited by Cyanna; 06-16-2011 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 06-16-2011, 01:34 PM

63 posts, read 140,973 times
Add me to the...Hell no I wouldn't support an illegal immigrant choice!

As I mentioned in my state's forum yesterday...where is the outcry for support of working white women like myself that own property, has worked all my life and paid taxes in this county? How is an anchor baby better than my kids that came from working, tax paying, American parents? I can't get support but it clearly says on the food stamp application for my county that if you are an illegal immigrant you may still be able to receive benefits.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:37 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,323,842 times
they need to do it legally.
I dont understand why thats so difficult.
If money is the issue, then let the bleeding hearts pay for them to come and do the testing and steps required to become legal. I dont care if they are here AS LONG AS THEY ARE LEGAL CITIZENS.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:38 PM

63 posts, read 140,973 times
Cyana!!!!!!

I just read the last part of your post. I need to go back and copy and paste all that I typed in the GA forum on here yesterday. I have INS on speed dial on my cell, I attented meetings of the city council to pass the new law, I have personally watched 3 arrests thanks to me of illegals that gang up on a street corners in Canton.

Everyone should be pissed off about this issue! I started in the early 90's when my mother's head went through her windshield because she was hit head on by an illegal immigrant with a valid GA license since he stole another man's id.

I am VERY passionate about this.

EDITED TO ADD: I say passionate others say I'm a racist! I'm getting it done and that is all that matters. they can call me what they want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration