Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 02:40 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,296,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I've implied nothing but the fact that the cases are very similar. Leland Davidson ultimately gained his U.S. citizenship through the status of his parents. The Valenzuela brothers had a U.S. citizen mother (along with their 7 siblings), and the government was said to have given the wrong forms to the family.

They even served during a defined "period of hostilities" and thought they were citizens all along. Why rehash something like a speeding ticket years later to put someone in deportation proceedings? Are the actions of the government equal in these cases?
So just what do you think the reason is for different actions being taken by our government under two "supposed" very similar scenarios then? Come out and just say it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 02:42 PM

50,184 posts, read 46,887,073 times
Quote:
The Valenzuela brothers are fighting deportation from the United States, with allegations they are illegally present. If that isn't close enough to illegal immigration, I don't know what is. Why was Mr. Davidson's case so easily resolved, when the brothers have been fighting to stay in the United States for years?

I'm not bringing up anything about ethnicity, but no one has been able to tell me why there is such an illogical difference in the cases. Shouldn't the Valenzuela brothers have the same abilities to gain a Certificate of Citizenship just like Mr. Davidson?

What would be your decision for their fate?...
As children, the Valenzuela brothers, whose mother was an American-born citizen, moved to the United States as legal permanent residents. After serving in the Vietnam war, both got into trouble with the law, which they believe was a result of war-related PTSD, for which they now receive counseling. Though these crimes were committed years ago and have already been dealt with by the criminal justice system, this triggered removal proceedings against the brothers.

Only a legal citizen can join the military. NO ILLEGALS.

If a legal citizen joins the military and screws up they are deported. Once again, illegals cannot join the military so why would you post it in illegal immigration? They didn't illegally immigrate nor overstay a visa.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:10 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,671,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
why would you post it in illegal immigration?
I thought it would be more than clear by now.

First off, he chose a story about a white guy and another one about 2 Hispanics brothers...To make it look like people favor whites over people from different backgrounds.

That right there says a lot about the real reason why it was posted in the illegal immigration forum vs the legal immigration forum.

Someone is unsuccessfully trying to spark "controversy".

Old 04-19-2011, 03:13 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,296,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I thought it would be more than clear by now.

First off, he chose a story about a white guy and another one about 2 Hispanics brothers...To make it look like people favor whites over people from different backgrounds.

That right there says a lot about the real reason why it was posted in the illegal immigration forum vs the legal immigration forum.

Someone is unsuccessfully trying to spark "controversy".

Old 04-19-2011, 04:58 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,543,031 times
Quote:
Which other "he" are you referring to then? I also edit what I am responding to, as you do. Your original post said "file" (Mr. Davidson was assisted in filing paperwork, but just like taxes, it was done in his name), so what are you talking about to say "accepted"?
Ever hear of filed and not accepted?

Provide proof of my editing your posts or we will all know you for the liar you are.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:00 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,543,031 times
Quote:
I've implied nothing but the fact that the cases are very similar. Leland Davidson ultimately gained his U.S. citizenship through the status of his parents. The Valenzuela brothers had a U.S. citizen mother (along with their 7 siblings), and the government was said to have given the wrong forms to the family.

They even served during a defined "period of hostilities" and thought they were citizens all along. Why rehash something like a speeding ticket years later to put someone in deportation proceedings? Are the actions of the government equal in these cases?
You have implied bigotry in the system. You know, racial profiling. This does seem to be your favorite argument, even when it doesn't exist (except in your own mind).

Old 04-19-2011, 05:02 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,838,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
As children, the Valenzuela brothers, whose mother was an American-born citizen, moved to the United States as legal permanent residents. After serving in the Vietnam war, both got into trouble with the law, which they believe was a result of war-related PTSD, for which they now receive counseling. Though these crimes were committed years ago and have already been dealt with by the criminal justice system, this triggered removal proceedings against the brothers.

Only a legal citizen can join the military. NO ILLEGALS.

If a legal citizen joins the military and screws up they are deported. Once again, illegals cannot join the military so why would you post it in illegal immigration? They didn't illegally immigrate nor overstay a visa.
It is believed that the Valenzuela family received forms for residency, when it actually should have been for citizenship from their mother's status. Only one brother attributes PTSD as an influence on his actions. The other brother had a speeding ticket lead to questions about paying child support, all misdemeanors.

Legal Permanent Residents can join the military...

I think the Valenzuela brothers should be able to gain U.S. citizenship from the status of their parents, just like Leland Davidson did...

Old 04-19-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Ever hear of filed and not accepted?
Sure, from USCIS I've even seen payment accepted, but filing denied...

Quote:
...Provide proof of my editing your posts or we will all know you for the liar you are.
To "multi-quote" or to clip the quote in a reply, to be more readable...

Old 04-19-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
You have implied bigotry in the system. You know, racial profiling. This does seem to be your favorite argument, even when it doesn't exist (except in your own mind).
Others imply bigotry in the DHS system, that only Hispanics receive concessions not provided to other ethnicities...

Old 04-19-2011, 05:48 PM

50,184 posts, read 46,887,073 times
Quote:
It is believed that the Valenzuela family received forms for residency, when it actually should have been for citizenship from their mother's status. Only one brother attributes PTSD as an influence on his actions. The other brother had a speeding ticket lead to questions about paying child support, all misdemeanors.

Legal Permanent Residents can join the military...

I think the Valenzuela brothers should be able to gain U.S. citizenship from the status of their parents, just like Leland Davidson did...
So, we can FINALLY agree that illegals cannot join the military.

Quote:
Others imply bigotry in the DHS system, that only Hispanics receive concessions not provided to other ethnicities...
That's odd since the majority of BP and a good portion of ICE are HISPANIC because they speak SPANISH which the majority of those entering illegally as their primary language speak. Go figger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration