Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 07:55 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Can you name 5...no 3 government handout you can cut this year?

How would the government[any state or fed] locate and procecute these employers?

If half of the illegal workers are working under the table, how would the govenment locate these employers?

their are few strates that use E-verify for all hires...how will the other employers be caught.
Cut to illegals? I would cut all the government handouts to illegals. Food stamps, medicaid, WIC, Head Start, Section 8 housing.

And the government can show up to workplaces and check that the employees are legally hired. And yes - it can get those people who surround themselves with cheap servants that aren't being paid minimum wage or who are not paying into taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 07:58 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Again though - it doesn't have to be 100% or nothing.

Even if the government were to enforce existing laws and deny welfare handouts to illegals which is the main reason a large chunk of them are here, it won't get every last illegal out. There will still be some guy living in some barn or garage somewhere working as a day laborer, mowing lawns for $10 a day that isn't here legally.

But the problem would be much much less than it is now, and if that guy gets caught drunk driving, driving without insurance, gets into a bar fight then he can leave also.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:11 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
So self-deportation of 30 million will happen when all these laws are changed...OK
Perhaps not all of them but a good percentage of them would leave. Why not give it a try and see? Why not join us in pushing for these laws to be changed so that all the incentives are removed but you won't will you?

Old 04-19-2011, 09:21 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBAguy View Post
Is it possible for the government to deport every illegal immigrant out of the United States? How would they be able to forcefully send 15+ million people to other countries around the world?

(I'm not pro-illegal)
By not giving them any incentives to stay.

No hiring under the table, avoiding taxes, food stamps, free housing, education, free medical care, etc.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:27 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
Cattle trucks? Are you proposing filling one truck at a time or would this be done at a "weigh station"?

You're heart may not bleed for these folk, but pictures of illegal aliens in a cattle trucks on the evening News...night after night. Dont think so.
Nahhhh, we have thousands of cattle trucks and I think we can figure out how to load more than one at a time......

As I said in my other post, the only people who will complain about shipping the illegal alien invaders back across the border will be the progressive elitists. And if we don't watch MSNBC or ABC or CNN the TV coverage would be minimal... So do think so....

Old 04-19-2011, 06:11 PM

614 posts, read 1,763,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Nahhhh, we have thousands of cattle trucks and I think we can figure out how to load more than one at a time......

As I said in my other post, the only people who will complain about shipping the illegal alien invaders back across the border will be the progressive elitists. And if we don't watch MSNBC or ABC or CNN the TV coverage would be minimal... So do think so....
I wish i could shake your hand

Old 04-19-2011, 06:15 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
BP and ICE trucks go South daily the way it is, we just need to streamline the process. More planes for those that live over seas! When the military debark on a refuel we could easily pack in some criminal trespassers too.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:30 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBAguy View Post
Is it possible for the government to deport every illegal immigrant out of the United States? How would they be able to forcefully send 15+ million people to other countries around the world?

(I'm not pro-illegal)
Make Arizona 1070 the law in the USA and ENFORCE it! The illegals WILL bug out. I live here and have seen em leave.

Not more Anchor babies; ones above maybe age 18 can stay, the rest need to leave unless one parent is legal.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:42 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,170,776 times
Stop giving out welfare.

"Study: 70% of Texas' illegal immigrant families receive welfare"

"Texas tied with California and New York for the second highest immigrant welfare rates behind Arizona."

Study: 70% of Texas' illegal immigrant families receive welfare | Texas on the Potomac | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Old 04-21-2011, 12:45 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,135,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Advertising, lots of advertising. Put up billboards proclaiming that Canada gives free education, housing, health care and dounts to all illegal imigrants. No need to work for anything. Just provide some busses to haul them there.
Canada has a worker permit requirement . The aliens MUST get a permit to work..NO exceptions... The USA would have a similar program if the government crooks wanted it..they dont want it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration