U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-21-2011, 08:13 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,096,522 times
Reputation: 2199

Advertisements

Quote:
Starting on Wednesday, three organizations — Democracia Inc., SEIU Florida and America’s Voice Education Fund — will begin airing Spanish-language radio advertisements calling out two Miami Republicans, Sen. Anitere Flores and Rep. Carlos Lopez-Canter


Quote:
“An anti-immigrant and anti-Hispanic law hurts, but it hurts much more when one of us supports it,” the minute-long ad says in Spanish. Flores and Lopez-Cantera are Cuban-American.
Why do hispanics feel guilty when an immigration law is passed? Is it because most of them are illegal? or have relatives illegally here?

Last edited by All American NYC; 04-21-2011 at 08:14 AM.. Reason: Forgot quote & link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-21-2011, 08:18 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
An anti-immigrant, anti-hispanic law hurts? Funny, I don't know of any such laws in place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2011, 08:30 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post



Why do hispanics feel guilty when an immigration law is passed? Is it because most of them are illegal? or have relatives illegally here?
Most of the open borders types are either here illegally or employ illegals, except for some bleeding hearts who want to bring in all the 2 billion impoverished people of the world and have the American taxpayer provide them a comfortable life here in this country - and of course have the taxpayers pay for their many maternity hospital visits. There are those who believe there should be no limits of any kind on who and how many can come to the USA and live off government handouts.

Didn't finish 3rd grade? Can't learn English ever? Had 9 kids that you're having trouble feeding and buying clothes for? Just come on in!! We'll make it all okay. That's the mentality of the bleeding heart. The others just want their fast profits from the cheapest possible labor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2011, 08:38 AM
 
Location: New Hampshire
4,827 posts, read 4,645,479 times
Reputation: 3583
Yes.

And because they think they are above the law.

I don't see them defending legal aliens from other backgrounds.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2011, 08:50 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post



Why do hispanics feel guilty when an immigration law is passed? Is it because most of them are illegal? or have relatives illegally here?
Last edited by All American NYC; Today at 09:14 AM.. Reason: Forgot quote & link

did C-D not post the link?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2011, 09:32 AM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,360,350 times
Reputation: 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Last edited by All American NYC; Today at 09:14 AM.. Reason: Forgot quote & link

did C-D not post the link?
Here's a link...

Immigrant supporters attack opponents with radio ads - Legislature - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/04/20/2176132/immigrant-supporters-attack-opponents.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2011, 09:52 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,096,522 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Last edited by All American NYC; Today at 09:14 AM.. Reason: Forgot quote & link

did C-D not post the link?
Link is working on my PC.

Not sure why its not working on other PC's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2011, 10:27 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Most of the open borders types are either here illegally or employ illegals, except for some bleeding hearts who want to bring in all the 2 billion impoverished people of the world and have the American taxpayer provide them a comfortable life here in this country - and of course have the taxpayers pay for their many maternity hospital visits. There are those who believe there should be no limits of any kind on who and how many can come to the USA and live off government handouts.

Didn't finish 3rd grade? Can't learn English ever? Had 9 kids that you're having trouble feeding and buying clothes for? Just come on in!! We'll make it all okay. That's the mentality of the bleeding heart. The others just want their fast profits from the cheapest possible labor.
There those with ethnic ties to these illegals and those who want more future Democrats that are bleeding hearts for them also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2011, 11:01 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
An anti-immigrant, anti-hispanic law hurts? Funny, I don't know of any such laws in place.
Of course you don't, because the laws don’t exist. Clearly, they have no legitimate defense, so all they CAN do is rely on spurious propaganda and accusations of racism to demonize opposition. They’re beyond pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-21-2011, 11:34 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Of course you don't, because the laws don’t exist. Clearly, they have no legitimate defense, so all they CAN do is rely on spurious propaganda and accusations of racism to demonize opposition. They’re beyond pathetic.
Amen, sister!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top