Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 06:58 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
Of course the Irish did not come here and expect the whole country to bow down and treat them special and they did not expect everyone to speak Gailec or expect to be allowed to have their 50 relatives come live with them as they completely used up any and all resources that they are not allowed to have anyway.
I love how people bring up examples of us Irish when comparing to illegals. There is no comparison at all. My family came here to be Americans, and they became Americans, they never went home again. While some of my family that came over in the last 30 years that would love to go back to their homeland, they love America and have Lived as Americans while here. Something that cannot be said for illegals.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:00 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,204,453 times
First of all, thank you everyone for the responses. I know it sounds a little ignorant, but I simply do not know too much about immigration in America; either the history or current policies. The posts so far have helped a lot.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 08-01-2007 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 08-01-2007, 08:58 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,002 times
I am all for immigration if they come here legally. People here illegally need to be rounded up and deported. Go through the process like all other immigrants had to, become a citizen and enjoy being an American. If immigrants don't understand coming here legally , send them home.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:20 AM

354 posts, read 324,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
I am all for immigration if they come here legally. People here illegally need to be rounded up and deported. Go through the process like all other immigrants had to, become a citizen and enjoy being an American. If immigrants don't understand coming here legally , send them home.
You are so right and spot on with what you said.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:37 AM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I love how people bring up examples of us Irish when comparing to illegals. There is no comparison at all. My family came here to be Americans, and they became Americans, they never went home again. While some of my family that came over in the last 30 years that would love to go back to their homeland, they love America and have Lived as Americans while here. Something that cannot be said for illegals.
I would add that thousands of Irish literally got off the boat and immediately enlisted in the Union army during the Civil War and fought to keep this nation together.

I wonder how many of these illegal aliens that are running around being a drain on our economy would enlist and volunteer to go to Iraq?

Old 08-01-2007, 11:21 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
Supposedly there was a proposal (with the now defunct amnesty bill) for illegals to go into the military as an incentive for citizenship. Which would not have been a bad thing, at least while in the military their whereabouts and actions could be monitored!

Old 08-01-2007, 11:38 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Oh give it a rest already, it said Mexican Americans which is dumb, I dont call myself Irish/German American, I am just an American. I didnt read anything stating they were Illegals.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:58 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
I am between 1/4 and 1/8 Native American (Indian). Boy, couldn't I use that one to the hilt for an agenda!!!! But just don't think of myself as a special "ethnic" minority. I am an AMERICAN first and always.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:19 PM

354 posts, read 324,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
You know it isnt about being cold hearted. Do you take in every homeless person or animal into your home? Probably not. Well America is our home and when they come here and demand and skirt the law and take no personal responsiblity for what they do here, yea we get fed up. I am sorry if you cant grasp that. Alotof us have been negatively affected by this, and we are done, time to take care of our own.
You are exactly correct. The illegals and their fake IDs and all have a negative impact on every last American citizen in this country. Of course there are plenty of people who think fake IDs are a wonderful thing and also think that the illegals should not get any of the blame at all.

Be careful Nea1 because we do have a fake ID among us.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:10 PM

398 posts, read 1,409,521 times
wow wow wow!! too much running in circles here! don't get distracted from the main point! every single illegal immigrant (they are all criminals by default) MUST be rounded up and deported without conditions; those legal immigrants who support them should have either citizenship revoked or residence status denied. Border must be sealed. Keep demanding what we already have in our justice system.

"as long as you mexicans keep waving that nasty flag inside the USA, you are creating your own path to the exit door"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration