U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 04:00 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times

Advertisements

I dont hate Mexicans, I for one have many Mexican friends, they themselves have extreme dislike for what the illegals are doing. I dont hate the people, I hate the actions. Now as far a Mexico no not fond of it, why should I be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 04:04 PM

354 posts, read 225,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I dont hate Mexicans, I for one have many Mexican friends, they themselves have extreme dislike for what the illegals are doing. I dont hate the people, I hate the actions. Now as far a Mexico no not fond of it, why should I be?

I don't hate Mexicans either, which is why I ignored that part of his whiney post. I go to Mexico for my dental needs and we are really good friends with my dentist. We were just down in Mexico the other day having supper with her and her family and she has two of the sweetest children I have ever been around. Of course, they live in Mexico and work toward bettering their own country. But hey, my best friend happens to be from Chile and a naturalized citizen and she is totally against the illegals also.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:24 PM

354 posts, read 225,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Excellent. We can return Mexican citizens to Mexico to receive care from Mexican doctors and dentists instead of having to provide them with US taxpayer funded medical care here.
Good idea. It is funny how our country gives them FRE#E healthcare while many citizens here get denied the care they need because of being indigent. All of this while Mexico has no qualms about holding an American citizen for hostage telling their family that they have to pay, in full, whatever the Mexican government says is supposedly owed on any hospital bills. This all from a supposed friend of our country.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:58 PM

25,463 posts, read 11,974,220 times
This is the best yet! So many of these posts are really interferring with my work today. I hae to really control myself tokeep from LOL. Bees, fences, birds, holes in the fence, come on, way too much.

However, I do agree with just about all that I have read here. If you do an illegal act, you should not be rewarded for it. No back wages. And quit hiring illegals. Not sure I want a fence due to cxost. Would prefer to hire additional 'guards' and enforce our laws.

And for crying out loud, pardon the two guards and give them a big fat raise and let them go back to work, if they would want to. What in the world are we doing to our country?

Old 08-03-2007, 03:19 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,375,406 times
Mexico dictates out Immigration policies because they export drugs into the US and get billions of US Dollars per year from illegal aliens sending money to Mexico.

Did you guys know that the Bush-Kennedy-McCain amnesty push in 2007 actually had a provision in the bill that the fenc could NOT be built if it disturbed ANY kind of wildlife, including insects??

Old 08-03-2007, 03:20 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,375,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
I don't hate Mexicans either, which is why I ignored that part of his whiney post. I go to Mexico for my dental needs and we are really good friends with my dentist. We were just down in Mexico the other day having supper with her and her family and she has two of the sweetest children I have ever been around. Of course, they live in Mexico and work toward bettering their own country. But hey, my best friend happens to be from Chile and a naturalized citizen and she is totally against the illegals also.
The whole "you want the fence, you hate Mexicans" is the La Raza and othr racist group's arguments.

It is bogus. People do NOT want illegal aliens from any nation in the world. We want them OUT. Illegal = out!!

Pronto!

Old 08-03-2007, 04:15 PM

7,352 posts, read 8,993,140 times
Actually, the environmental impact DOES have to be considered. Birds, bees, pronghorn, etc., are part of the ecosystem, which doesn't--obviously--recognize human-engineered borders, and which are extremely important to the ecosystem of the U.S., as well as Mexico. So while it is clearly a ruse on the part of the Mexican government, it is an issue that we should take quite seriously when designing the border fence--for the sake of the animals and the long-term health of the land. For example, migration patterns need to be studied and accommodated, and breaks in the fence would allow migration to continue. Those breaks could then be patrolled. Let's not penalize Nature--and, by extension, ourselves and future generations--in the effort to control illegal immigration.

Just a thought. . . .

Old 08-03-2007, 04:38 PM

7,139 posts, read 12,895,974 times
Since the two biggest heroes of the century (Campeon and Ramos) are now felons, even if pardoned by Bushwhacker, would they be "eligible" to take any government positions? If I was either one of them, I would take my family and find a hiding place (Montana, Dakotas, Wyoming); and would definitely have NO inclination to be part of this ultra corrupt government ever again.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:54 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,005,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Actually, the environmental impact DOES have to be considered. Birds, bees, pronghorn, etc., are part of the ecosystem, which doesn't--obviously--recognize human-engineered borders, and which are extremely important to the ecosystem of the U.S., as well as Mexico. So while it is clearly a ruse on the part of the Mexican government, it is an issue that we should take quite seriously when designing the border fence--for the sake of the animals and the long-term health of the land. For example, migration patterns need to be studied and accommodated, and breaks in the fence would allow migration to continue. Those breaks could then be patrolled. Let's not penalize Nature--and, by extension, ourselves and future generations--in the effort to control illegal immigration.

Just a thought. . . .
I think birds and bees will be able to figure out a way to get around the fence. We should build the fence and not worry about the southern border ecosystem. Our national sovereignty is more important than the migration of animals. The health of the land really isn't that important. The land will still be here ten thousand years from now when we are all dead and buried.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:27 PM

7,352 posts, read 8,993,140 times
Hawkeye: I'm sorry, but you're very wrong. The health of the land is VERY important. If we don't take care of it, it will not be here in ten thousand years. This is the problem. The people of the U.S. have been deprived of any kind of ecological education, and therefore do not understand the extent to which the survival of people depends on the survival of ecosystems. The birds and the bees will figure a way around it, but the land mammals won't. Since people in the southwest U.S. will still depend on the land for survival in the future, it is short-sighted to ruin the land for no reason. And it is very short-sighted to think that what we do to the land will have no effect on future generations. Read "Collapse," by Jared Diamond, in which he lays out environmental degradation as one of the main reasons for the collapse of past societies. It's perfectly possible to take the ecosystem into consideration when making policy. And no reason not to. We can protect national sovereignty as well as the land. To do otherwise would be deeply irresponsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration