U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 06:39 PM

851 posts, read 3,151,817 times

Advertisements

Why don't we make people on unemployment benefit work? Just let them do those jobs that "American won't do." Say let them cut grass for 20 hours a week and they still have 20 hours left for job hunting.

That solves both unemployment problem and illegal immigration problem.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:49 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,646,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStupid View Post
Why don't we make people on unemployment benefit work? Just let them do those jobs that "American won't do." Say let them cut grass for 20 hours a week and they still have 20 hours left for job hunting.

Make people collecting unemployment work? Do you think they would be collecting unemployment if they could find a job?! Try surving on $134 a week like my boyfriend is...and with a child on the way. That is his weekly benefit for unemployment. He is desperate and he's only been out of a job for 3 weeks now.

And what does this have to do with illegal immigration?

Old 04-22-2011, 06:58 PM

851 posts, read 3,151,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Make people collecting unemployment work? Do you think they would be collecting unemployment if they could find a job?! Try surving on $134 a week like my boyfriend is...and with a child on the way. That is his weekly benefit for unemployment. He is desperate and he's only been out of a job for 3 weeks now.

And what does this have to do with illegal immigration?

Just let them do those jobs that "American won't do.

Then the illegals would be out of job while the unemployed could take home a little more money.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:00 PM

948 posts, read 1,202,022 times
Quote:

Because for welfare to work it needs recipients. The more need the more is needed. If you offer people constructive ways to be financially independent the numbers would go down and lessen the need. Basically it is supply and demand and the supplier is forcing the demand.
United Farm Workers Union got Comedy Centrals Stephen Colbert to offer jobs Americans won't do. It was an act of kindness and way to show Americans that illegal immigration was a necessary evil. My question is how many homeless shelters have cable TV

Old 04-22-2011, 07:21 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,646,310 times
Quote:
Just let them do those jobs that "American won't do.
This is such BS. There is no such thing as the "jobs Americans won't do".

It is just another attempt to justify illegal alien invasion. It is just another attempt to justify their presence in this country.

My boyfriend's job was one of those supposed "jobs Americans won't do". He worked in construction/landscaping.

Try finding a job around here.

It is such a shame that a 10 year Army veteran cannot get a frickin job.

It took me almost a year to find a job after I was laid off. I took a $1800 monthly pay cut...but I took the job anyway because I had to pay bills.

Such BS.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:26 PM

12,425 posts, read 14,553,508 times
Quote:

That wouldn't solve ANYTHING!!That's just downright meeaan!!!

Old 04-22-2011, 08:31 PM

34 posts, read 55,064 times
Always someone stirring the pot somewhere isn't there?

You can come cut my grass

Old 04-22-2011, 08:33 PM

34 posts, read 55,064 times
I agree with you regarding many Vet's.. It's a disgrace!!

I have two nephews one Navy one Army, both were active for more than 10 years .. came home... NO JOB

In additon like you... one of them has a baby on the way

A total disgrace!

Old 04-22-2011, 10:05 PM

3,674 posts, read 5,851,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post
Because for welfare to work it needs recipients. The more need the more is needed. If you offer people constructive ways to be financially independent the numbers would go down and lessen the need. Basically it is supply and demand and the supplier is forcing the demand.
United Farm Workers Union got Comedy Centrals Stephen Colbert to offer jobs Americans won't do. It was an act of kindness and way to show Americans that illegal immigration was a necessary evil. My question is how many homeless shelters have cable TV

UI isn't welfare.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:23 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
I know American citizens who are certainly happy to work in landscaping and will do lawn work.

And unemployment checks are ending for many of the unemployed but the jobs just aren't out there when the employers can continue to bring in semi-trailer loads of illegals to work very cheaply.

Supply and demand will adjust wages up or down -- if employers have to compete for labor, they will compete with higher wages or better benefits, better working conditions. All that has been disrupted by a massive influx of cheap labor that bring the wages down to levels no one, not even the illegals can live on.

Illegals only come because they don't object to living off Medicaid, food stamps, and in government housing because they have extra large families but will take the very low paying jobs just to get their foothold in this country.

There is no way that millions of uneducated, low skilled workers unable to speak or learn English can really provide for their many children here in this country where even English speaking high school graduates have trouble making ends meet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or