U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 05:43 PM

18,563 posts, read 15,771,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
This website is fairly interesting. Some facts on illegal Hispanic aliens...

Hispanics: A Statistical Portrait (http://www.amren.com/features/hispanics/index.html - broken link)

On securing our borders:

"Mexico is the only nation in the world that, at least in the popular mind, has a historical claim on portions of the United States. Mexicans are still bitter over the loss of territory that followed the Mexican-American War, and many believe the United States does not have the moral right to control its own borders."

On learning English:

"One difficulty Hispanics face is that Spanish is so firmly entrenched in some areas that many immigrants may feel no pressure to learn English. In 2003, 44 percent of Hispanics did not speak and read English well enough to perform routine tasks,"

On assimilating:

"After they come to the United States, Mexicans retain longer and stronger attachments to their country of origin than do immigrants who have come greater distances.."

And now my favorite one:

"No fewer than 58 percent of Mexicans agree with the statement, “the territory of the United States’ Southwest rightfully belongs to Mexico.” Only 28 percent disagree. Likewise, 57 percent agree that “Mexicans should have the right to enter the U.S. without U.S. permission,” while 35 percent disagree."

Do we need more reasons to keep our borders secure?!
My understanding is reconquista or the illegitimacy of American sovereignty over the SW is taught in Mexican schools.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:48 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I'm not going to comment about a White Nationalist website. You can use the material if you want. If it is legitimate information it needs to be sourced better.
In otherwords anything negative said about Hispanics (especially the illegal kind) even if they are the facts you refuse to accept? Still won't speak up when it is stated that white people (and that includes you) are here illegally in their own country?

Old 04-23-2011, 05:49 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,646,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
My understanding is reconquista or the illegitimacy of American sovereignty over the SW is taught in Mexican schools.

Such nonsense.

When I went to school in Brazil, we were taught about the "Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo". I was never told we stole Mexican lands. I guess Brazilians must have been lying too.

Mexico will never get over it, will it?

Old 04-23-2011, 05:50 PM

18,563 posts, read 15,771,473 times
Why is white nationalism bad but the Mexican Reconquista, La Raza ok? I ask that as black guy.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Why is white nationalism bad but the Mexican Reconquista, La Raza ok? I ask that as black guy.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:35 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Then you understand wrong. With my stepchildren, I was able to get good insight into the Mexican school system (in later years, it tends to be the more realistic vocational base, and two years of English is mandatory at their equivalent of High School). What you heard secondhand is just fear-mongering.

As a Black, I thought you would be a little more concerned about the persistent evil of White Nationalism...

Old 04-23-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
As a Black, I thought you would be a little more concerned about the persistent evil of White Nationalism...
It's funny you brought that up.

I think you forget about the sense of entitlement that comes with being an illegal alien in this country.

If I were black, I would be more than enraged over illegal aliens. I would be beyond p off over the support they have received from folks in this country.

African Americans were treated like animals and had to fight for their rights to be part of this country for years and years. Now illegal aliens, jump over the fence and demand that we cater to their needs.

Don't you find that a little disrespectful?

Old 04-23-2011, 06:50 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
...Still won't speak up when it is stated that white people (and that includes you) are here illegally in their own country?
There are White people that are illegal aliens within the United States! Stop thinking in skin tones! I should have known a thread started with a White Nationalist website link would lead to this!

Old 04-23-2011, 06:57 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Then you understand wrong. With my stepchildren, I was able to get good insight into the Mexican school system (in later years, it tends to be the more realistic vocational base, and two years of English is mandatory at their equivalent of High School). What you heard secondhand is just fear-mongering.

What white nationalism exists today doesn't even begin to compare to the growing brown nationalism in this country.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
There are White people that are illegal aliens within the United States! Stop thinking in skin tones! I should have known a thread started with a White Nationalist website link would lead to this!

Yes there are...but they are minority. Am I being racist? No, I am stating a fact.

And that so-called White Nationalist website, you know, the one where I got that report from has some really good and credible references to back up what was written..

Some of the references include:

US Dept. of Education
Pew Hispanic Center and Kaiser Family Foundation
Center for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control
US Census Bureau
US Dept. of Education, National Center for Educational Statistics
US Census Bureau, Population Division
US General Accountability Office
US Census Bureau, Ethnicity and Ancestry Statistics Branch

But of course you will completely overlook that.

Anything to fit your agenda, right?!

Typical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or