Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 10:06 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Is your husband a licenced therapist in this country or does he just practice on this forum?
My husband has never participated in these forums. He is not a licensed therapist in this country. However, his certifications still allow him to practice here if he so chooses. He is also a licensed clinical hypnotherapist, with that license aquired in the United States. Sadly, the CA market is brimming over with therapists so he has chosen a different career path for now.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:45 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Why is white nationalism bad but the Mexican Reconquista, La Raza ok? I ask that as black guy.
In and of itself "white nationlism"[I would assusme to be "white pride"] is not a bad thing. One's pride in national origin, ethinic or racial makeup is not "bad"...What is "bad" is when someone believes that their group is superior to another.

there are various "La Raza" organizations, the NCLR is the most known. I dont speak for any "La Raza" movement, but I dont think any well know La Raza group advocates "reconquista".

Anyone that believes in a reconquista of America or calls for a reconquista of America is an idiot.

Some take the term "La Raza"...just as some take the term "white pride" to justify their ridiculous divisive ideology. I think most folk that have "white pride" have pride in their cutlural contributions and dont equate themselves with the KKK, Aryan Brotherhood or any other white supremacist organization. Likewise folks that have pride in their Raza, dont have any connection to those that call for a Reconquista of America.

And those that try so hard to make links and connections have their own agendas.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:12 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,696,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
On learning English:

"One difficulty Hispanics face is that Spanish is so firmly entrenched in some areas that many immigrants may feel no pressure to learn English. In 2003, 44 percent of Hispanics did not speak and read English well enough to perform routine tasks,"

On assimilating:

"After they come to the United States, Mexicans retain longer and stronger attachments to their country of origin than do immigrants who have come greater distances.."
Despite it coming from a website that might violate the TOS on here, those two facts could be considered true. I personally have known people who are like that. I think its disrespectful. If I moved to Mexico, South Korea or Kuwait, I'd definitely do my best to learn their language and assimilate. It would be the least that I can do for a country that has taken me in. If you don't bother learning the language and assimilating, then you shouldn't be living in the country.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:25 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
In and of itself "white nationlism"[I would assusme to be "white pride"] is not a bad thing. One's pride in national origin, ethinic or racial makeup is not "bad"...What is "bad" is when someone believes that their group is superior to another.

there are various "La Raza" organizations, the NCLR is the most known. I dont speak for any "La Raza" movement, but I dont think any well know La Raza group advocates "reconquista".

Anyone that believes in a reconquista of America or calls for a reconquista of America is an idiot.

Some take the term "La Raza"...just as some take the term "white pride" to justify their ridiculous divisive ideology. I think most folk that have "white pride" have pride in their cutlural contributions and dont equate themselves with the KKK, Aryan Brotherhood or any other white supremacist organization. Likewise folks that have pride in their Raza, dont have any connection to those that call for a Reconquista of America.

And those that try so hard to make links and connections have their own agendas.
Hispanics who put their own ethnic kind above the immigration laws of this country are going beyond ethnic pride. Smells of superiority to me.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:50 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:

Some consider the presence of 12-30 million illegal foreigners, of which Mexicans comprise the majority, as a de facto Reconquista. One’s belief/support or denial/opposition has absolutely no bearing on whether a Reconquista is underway in this country.

In your opinion, what constitutes a Reconquista?

Old 04-25-2011, 12:02 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Some consider the presence of 12-30 million illegal foreigners, of which Mexicans comprise the majority, as a de facto Reconquista. One’s belief/support or denial/opposition has absolutely no bearing on whether a Reconquista is underway in this country.

True!

The fact that they are basically being catered to, abusing our system, working without paying taxes, breeding like rabbits, burning our flag, calling us racist for wanting the laws enforced..

They are building another country inside this country. They moved here by choice but they are not assimilating. They don't learn the language, they don't respect our cukture.

That should be enough evidence!

Not to mention the increasing support they receive from thousands of people. This country is being taken over. Where has the American pride gone?

We are the only nation that puts up with this sh*t.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:04 PM

167 posts, read 239,572 times
I think you need to remember this. When the Southwest was part of Mexico, Mexico was still ruled by Spain. So the people who took over the Southwest were the Spainards. After Mexico gained independence was the Southwest part of their country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Possibly starting a full-scale war and maybe taking over the state capitols as well as the Reconquistas establishing themselves as the government and forming their own country or merging with Mexico.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:40 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
In and of itself "white nationlism"[I would assume to be "white pride"] is not a bad thing. One's pride in national origin, ethnic or racial makeup is not "bad"...What is "bad" is when someone believes that their group is superior to another.

Some take the term "La Raza"...just as some take the term "white pride" to justify their ridiculous divisive ideology. I think most folk that have "white pride" have pride in their cultural contributions and don't equate themselves with the KKK, Aryan Brotherhood or any other white supremacist organization. Likewise folks that have pride in their Raza, dont have any connection to those that call for a Reconquista of America.

Agreed on many points, but White Nationalism tends to be very unique to the United States. Why does there have to be a color involved? When I specifically say "White", it excludes other important ethnic influences on the United States.

In the case of American Renaissance that is even limiting the definition of "White" to not include portions of some ethnicities of the Caucasoid race. Their founder, Jared Taylor, has forwarded the position that conflict is too much between races for them to peaceably live together. People must separate according to their ethnicities.

White Nationalism becomes White Separatism.

The quoted per capita incomes, while authentic, are attributed by American Renaissance to be because of different intelligence levels between races...

"White Pride" becomes "White Power"...

And White Supremacy is not congruent to the ideals of the United States...

Old 04-25-2011, 01:51 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Agreed on many points, but White Nationalism tends to be very unique to the United States. Why does there have to be a color involved? When I specifically say "White", it excludes other important ethnic influences on the United States.

In the case of American Renaissance that is even limiting the definition of "White" to not include portions of some ethnicities of the Caucasoid race. Their founder, Jared Taylor, has forwarded the position that conflict is too much between races for them to peaceably live together. People must separate according to their ethnicities.

White Nationalism becomes White Separatism.

The quoted per capita incomes, while authentic, are attributed by American Renaissance to be because of different intelligence levels between races...

"White Pride" becomes "White Power"...

And White Supremacy is not congruent to the ideals of the United States...
And Brown Pride become Brown Power and the beat goes on. Again, this is the illegal immigration forum and even though we may have "power" groups of all colors and ethnicities no group has the right to invade another country illegally and change its demographics to theirs and thereby gaining power politically and culturally.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:01 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBAguy View Post
I think you need to remember this. When the Southwest was part of Mexico, Mexico was still ruled by Spain. So the people who took over the Southwest were the Spainards. After Mexico gained independence was the Southwest part of their country.

Possibly starting a full-scale war and maybe taking over the state capitols as well as the Reconquistas establishing themselves as the government and forming their own country or merging with Mexico.
Aint gonna happen. More like the USA taking more of Mexico if this reconquista stuff goes loco here in Arizona.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration