U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 07:05 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,659,098 times

Advertisements

Alaska cop found to be illegal immigrant: prosecutors | Reuters

I guess being a cop is now one of those "jobs Americans won't do"......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 07:09 AM

HMMM I just realized someone posted a similar thread. Now how do I delete this one?...Grrr.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:44 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,840,989 times
Considering that the Mexican drug cartels control the stolen and fraudulent document business and much of the illegal immigration business, I would suspect this has to do with the infiltration of our law enforcement by the cartels.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:19 PM

25,365 posts, read 37,612,722 times
Exclamation Officials: Illegal Immigrant Became a Cop in Alaska

ANCHORAGE, Alaska – For years, the man known as Rafael Espinoza was widely respected as an exemplary police officer who was popular among his peers in Alaska's largest city.

All that ended this week when authorities discovered he was really Mexican national Rafael Mora-Lopez, who was in the U.S. illegally and stole another man's identity, officials charged.

Officials: Illegal Immigrant Became a Cop in Alaska - FoxNews.com

Old 04-23-2011, 10:31 PM

3,863 posts, read 3,172,364 times
Just what we need in law enforcement. A sworn Liar and Fraud.

Talk about hiding in plain sight, at this rate I guess we could also have a few moles and drug cartel flunkies in there also.

He should serve prison time and then be deported for the crimes he comitted.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:33 PM

1,842 posts, read 2,638,215 times
I'm here legally, with a college education, okay credit, a good resume, magnificent work experience and I still can't get a law enforcement job and this guy can? Hmm..what gives?

Old 04-24-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
ANCHORAGE, Alaska – For years, the man known as Rafael Espinoza was widely respected as an exemplary police officer who was popular among his peers in Alaska's largest city.

All that ended this week when authorities discovered he was really Mexican national Rafael Mora-Lopez, who was in the U.S. illegally and stole another man's identity, officials charged.

Officials: Illegal Immigrant Became a Cop in Alaska - FoxNews.com

Hey, he is doing a job American's won't do.......

Old 04-24-2011, 08:38 AM

25,365 posts, read 37,612,722 times
Yes this is crazy...and I wonder how many tickets he handed out. The should all be voided now. This man should be deported after his sentence has been completed. I guess the prison buddies will really love to see this guy in prison. they will have a field trip with him!

Old 04-24-2011, 10:09 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,240,306 times
That fake cop is a piece of trash and Im being nice.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:55 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,840,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Just what we need in law enforcement. A sworn Liar and Fraud.

Talk about hiding in plain sight, at this rate I guess we could also have a few moles and drug cartel flunkies in there also.

He should serve prison time and then be deported for the crimes he comitted.
It's important for the cartels to get their people into law enforcement agencies here in the USA so they can gain and maintain control over the trafficking business just like they do back in Mexico.

Interesting article - but it's in Spanish. It discusses how the cartels control the bridges into El Paso for their trafficking business and why we can expect the violence to get worse as the one cartel takes these international ports over from the other. That's what they're fighting over after all:

Crecerá la violencia aquí mientras ‘estrangula’ cártel de Sinaloa a los Carrillo Fuentes: reporte | Local | Diario.com.mx
Moderator cut: english only, please
---All this could be ended if the administration in the USA would control the borders - but it doesn't choose to do so. Why not? is the big question.

Last edited by Yac; 04-26-2011 at 06:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or