U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 07:19 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,058,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The "hispanic" kids have the highest drop out rates of all. So something isn't quite right in your theory. The schools with the most Spanish speakers tend to have very low SAT scores. And if kids can so easily learn a new language why are so many kids unable to learn English and must be taught in Spanish?

The whole reason Americans are being told they must learn Spanish is because the Spanish speaking immigrants and their children are unable to learn English. And we're not being told we must learn Chinese, Vietnamese, French, Arabic and other languges as the immigrants speaking those language quickly pick up English. It's just the one group.
Ok, then do not learn spanish. Jeez.

I personally do not want to have kids and probably will never have one, but I do thank my family for give me the opportunity of learning so many languages.

It has made a huge difference in my life

I can understand people being afraid of change, but I will never understand people being afraid of their kids learning new things. I would not like my (hypothetical) kids not to have access to as many skills. Education does make a difference in people's lifes.

Last edited by CarolVa1977; 04-26-2011 at 07:30 AM..

Old 04-26-2011, 08:06 AM

884 posts, read 588,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
You as a consumer had the right, as you did, and walk out to patronize another company that served your needs.

That company might have practiced "bad business" by having only Spanish-speaking" employees, but that is not illegal or in any way forces you to speak Spanish.
texan, so so many times in the medical field I have been FORCED to speak spanish. Would it have been nice to say "sorry don't speaka no spanish" so your gonna have to die, and I mean that literally. Save it please.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration