U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 12:17 AM

2,798 posts, read 5,380,665 times

Advertisements

Brilliant Video!

True Life | I Live On The Border | MTV

Maybe we can hear from others who live in the War Zone of the US/Mexico Border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 06:00 AM

7,624 posts, read 8,150,814 times
There are some video testimonials on a website set up by the Texas Dept. of Agriculture Commissioner: ProtectYourTexasBorder.com Click on "Front Line".

Old 04-25-2011, 06:36 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,662,628 times
Thanks

My favorite comment:
"My parents are illegal and yet they work and pay there taxes. They also do there taxes every year and we also receive welfare benefits due to the fact that they have 3 younger children (sons, Not me I am not legal and I am proud of it ) that where born in the USA. I love this country and its people! And make more than Americans? Are you sure? My dad works in a fruit packing factory and he barley make 10 grand a year and you think that is more than you make? Ya it would be more than an american makes if that american person was a lazy ass (I am not being disrespectful any person from any race can be a lazy ass). So God bless you and your family!"

BARF.

I love this country? But I am NOT LEGAL and proud of it?

I am proud of being a lawbreaker!

Makes no sense.

And that is not very uncommon either.

These people have no respect for this country and its immigration laws. I doubt they would be here if they had 3 children who could not receive handouts from the government.

Why some of you defend them is beyond me. Go help a fellow American, go feed a homeless person, go volunteer at a Veteran shelter before you come here and stand behind those who break the laws of this country by entering it illegally.

I have lived at a homeless shelter. I spent 7 months living on the streets of Burlington, VT back when I was 20. I can tell you it is not an easy life. I lived among Veterans who were so fervently supported until they got home and everyone forgot about them, families who had lost everything they had, women victims of domestic violence.

How can you allow this country to be invaded and being run into the ground, how can you allow our own people to be made into second class citizens of this country while you welcome illegal aliens with arms wide open because "they just want a better life". Why do you stand behind them?

Last edited by KickAssArmyChick; 04-25-2011 at 07:00 AM..

Old 04-25-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

I love this country? But I am NOT LEGAL and proud of it?
Yep, I noticed just how much he loved THIS country by that HUGE Mexican flag he had hanging on his bedroom wall. And what about his cousin's flippant disregard over not knowing any English?

I was also disgusted that he was quite openly driving a car without a license and had no problem admitting to it, which is also a criminal offense in the state of California, where he lives in Long Beach. Then he goes on to complain when his car is taken from him by the police, and we see him AGAIN driving without a license, this time in his father's truck.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
There are some video testimonials on a website set up by the Texas Dept. of Agriculture Commissioner: ProtectYourTexasBorder.com Click on "Front Line".
Thanks for the link

Old 04-25-2011, 11:42 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,844,279 times
Sadly, every state is now experiencing its own rendition of life on the border, because the entire country has been invaded. It’s like an untreated cancer that has metastasized, and is now in the terminal stage. It could have been cured, had it been treated early. Now, the tumor is inoperable, and death is imminent.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:33 PM

16 posts, read 17,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sadly, every state is now experiencing its own rendition of life on the border, because the entire country has been invaded. It’s like an untreated cancer that has metastasized, and is now in the terminal stage. It could have been cured, had it been treated early. Now, the tumor is inoperable, and death is imminent.
Well said.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:11 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,877,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Yep, I noticed just how much he loved THIS country by that HUGE Mexican flag he had hanging on his bedroom wall. And what about his cousin's flippant disregard over not knowing any English?

I was also disgusted that he was quite openly driving a car without a license and had no problem admitting to it, which is also a criminal offense in the state of California, where he lives in Long Beach. Then he goes on to complain when his car is taken from him by the police, and we see him AGAIN driving without a license, this time in his father's truck.
It's kind of nice how he's already got his Mexican flag for when he goes back. He's obviously patriotic to his own country but kept talking about how he wanted financial aid to go to college here.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:51 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,664,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I am fortunate not to live in a illegal immigrant mecca. No day laborers at Home Depot, or on street corners. No non english speaking employees at McDonalds, or Burger King. Yet Gainesville Fl is a diverse city. I like it this way. Hopefully whatever is keeping illegals from gaining a foot hold will continue.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:45 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,594,028 times
I just wanted to comment on situations such as Tony's in the video. A lot of people in his situation ARE hard-working, good (you know what I mean) people. They WOULD work and they would be crime-free. The worst they would have is a speeding ticket. However, I've always felt that NONE of that matters when it comes to deciding if someone can be given amnesty. If you do that for one, that is not fair. I also think that it sets a bad example and that it says that the government is OK with legalizing someone for work and residence when there are legal residents and citizens who will now be competing with the newly legalized-former illegal immigrant. What does that say to citizens and legal immigrants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or