U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-25-2011, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
There is a shortage if global output has peaked, which it has.
Then, I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.

 
Old 04-25-2011, 09:42 PM
 
1,691 posts, read 1,592,143 times
Reputation: 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I don't know much about Central America but in South American family planning is not a prioritity. It is very common to have a family with 4, 5, 6 kids living in a 1 bedroom house in the slums. Teen pregnancy is also fairly common.
Wrong. Birth rates have dropped like a rock in most of Latin America, which the exception of a few countries. Mexico and Brazil are both at/near US birth levels.

The claims on this forum are astounding. You can just make **** up to justify your viewpoint.
 
Old 04-25-2011, 10:09 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
...Mexico and Brazil are both at/near US birth levels...
And it is very uncommon to see a young teenage mother, especially unwed, in Mexico...
 
Old 04-25-2011, 10:16 PM
 
19 posts, read 46,634 times
Reputation: 29
Default Illegal Immigration

I am a progressive in most areas of public policy EXCEPT for this issue! Over population is the greatest threat the world faces in this century! Our planet is being seriously threatened on many fronts. We are running out of natural resources and if you look at the Amazon Rain Forest, for example, its being depleted by millions of acres every year! Why? Because of overpopulation! Hispanics and Muslims are the fastest growing racial groups in the world. Here in our country, we have seen a tremendous growth in the number of Spanish-speaking people-over 60 million so far! Children of illegal immigrants have no rights and should be departed as well as their parents! We need to do everything possible to stem the flow of these people! They are taking our jobs and most of them care little about wanting to immerse into our culture and learn English. I live in a small town and I bet there are over 500 hispanics now! They breed like flies-most care little about family planning! 50 years ago, there were about 150 million people in this country-there is now well over 312,000. Look at Southern California and the huge numbers of hispanics. Its no wonder there are gangs and these people have created a huge problem in terms of providing education. The classrooms are so large in Los Angeles and San Diego-thanks to all these kids! Its also no wonder that Californians are leaving the state in record numbers. The only benefit to our society is the need for these people to work the farms and pick the fruit and vegetables! When I was young it was a novelty to see a hispanic-now they are everywhere-even North Dakota!
 
Old 04-26-2011, 01:21 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauledward View Post
I am a progressive in most areas of public policy EXCEPT for this issue! Over population is the greatest threat the world faces in this century! Our planet is being seriously threatened on many fronts. We are running out of natural resources and if you look at the Amazon Rain Forest, for example, its being depleted by millions of acres every year! Why? Because of overpopulation! Hispanics and Muslims are the fastest growing racial groups in the world. Here in our country, we have seen a tremendous growth in the number of Spanish-speaking people-over 60 million so far! Children of illegal immigrants have no rights and should be departed as well as their parents! We need to do everything possible to stem the flow of these people! They are taking our jobs and most of them care little about wanting to immerse into our culture and learn English. I live in a small town and I bet there are over 500 hispanics now! They breed like flies-most care little about family planning! 50 years ago, there were about 150 million people in this country-there is now well over 312,000. Look at Southern California and the huge numbers of hispanics. Its no wonder there are gangs and these people have created a huge problem in terms of providing education. The classrooms are so large in Los Angeles and San Diego-thanks to all these kids! Its also no wonder that Californians are leaving the state in record numbers. The only benefit to our society is the need for these people to work the farms and pick the fruit and vegetables! When I was young it was a novelty to see a hispanic-now they are everywhere-even North Dakota!
These observation you have of hispanics...are the due to their illegal status or is it a curtural phenomenon inherent to hispanics?


Quote:
Eugenics- the study of or belief in the possibility of improving the qualities of the human species or a human population, especially by such means as discouraging reproduction by persons having genetic defects or presumed to have inheritable undesirable traits (negative eugenics) or encouraging reproduction by persons presumed to have inheritable desirable traits (positive eugenics).
 
Old 04-26-2011, 06:39 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And it is very uncommon to see a young teenage mother, especially unwed, in Mexico...
Well, it certainly isn’t “uncommon” here.

Quote:
Because while the overall national rate of teen pregnancy has declined, it has actually increased among Latina girls.

Sarah Brown, CEO of the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, said, "The teen pregnancy rate for Hispanic teens increased slightly between 2003 and 2004 and, for the first time, Hispanic teens now have the highest rates of both teen pregnancy and births.

All of these are scenarios that play a part in teens getting pregnant but one other scenario that has never really been discussed is that some teens who get pregnant are continuing a family cycle — they see it as a tradition.
Latina Teen Pregnancy Rate Deserves Recognition as National Crisis (Latina Lista) (http://www.latinalista.net/palabrafinal/2008/05/latina_teen_pregnancy_rate_deserves_reco.html - broken link)
 
Old 04-26-2011, 06:55 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Well, it certainly isn’t “uncommon” here.


Latina Teen Pregnancy Rate Deserves Recognition as National Crisis (Latina Lista) (http://www.latinalista.net/palabrafinal/2008/05/latina_teen_pregnancy_rate_deserves_reco.html - broken link)
What does latina teen birth rates have to do with illegal immigration?
 
Old 04-26-2011, 06:57 AM
 
11,896 posts, read 14,359,727 times
Reputation: 7526
While illegal immigrants cause many problems, the high price of gas isn't one of them. I doubt they come here to drive all over and use lots of gas. True, some drive long distances to work in guzzlers, but that is a tiny part of consumption.
 
Old 04-26-2011, 07:06 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
What does latina teen birth rates have to do with illegal immigration?
In case you don’t know, the majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic. If you have separate data for illegal alien Hispanics, please share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top