U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 12:41 PM

8,088 posts, read 7,311,669 times

Advertisements

I know a number of illegal aliens and they all send their money South via Western Union. I presume this is predominate manner as Third World Postal systems are corrupt and inefficient.

So, why not establish identity checks at Western Union, Moneygram International, and similar money sending locations?

Same could be said for Check Cash stores.

I mean as in confirm legality of the sender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 04:13 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I know a number of illegal aliens and they all send their money South via Western Union. I presume this is predominate manner as Third World Postal systems are corrupt and inefficient.

So, why not establish identity checks at Western Union, Moneygram International, and similar money sending locations?

Because you dont have to be a US citizen to use a legal money transfer service.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:24 PM

15,924 posts, read 16,847,914 times
Funny, I have to show identification when I want to make a financial transaction at my bank, why not at other financial places of business???

Illegal alien invaders should have no right to use any of America's resources.

It's time America puts the clamps on these <ahem> people........

Old 04-25-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Funny, I have to show identification when I want to make a financial transaction at my bank, why not at other financial places of business???

Illegal alien invaders should have no right to use any of America's resources.
Youre exactly right...there is no right to banking in the US.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Youre exactly right...there is no right to banking in the US.
Can I have some of what you're smoking?

Old 04-25-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Can I have some of what you're smoking?
How does what I smoke have to do with US banking laws?

I didnt write the laws. Can you cite where Im incorrect. Throwing cute phrases doesnt prove your point...actually is only show the strenght[weakness] of your arguement...right?

Old 04-25-2011, 08:06 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post

For Western Union I am all for confirming the legality of the recipient. Americans lose too much of their money to 419-type scams that way. Besides, I just use Bank of America to send money to my suegra completely cost-free.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:14 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
For Western Union I am all for confirming the legality of the recipient. Americans lose too much of their money to 419-type scams that way. Besides, I just use Bank of America to send money to my suegra completely cost-free.
Why don't you just say "mother-in-law" since Spanish isn't your langauge?

Old 04-25-2011, 08:31 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Why don't you just say "mother-in-law" since Spanish isn't your langauge?
Well, she does bug me about learning Spanish...

But I wanted my household to focus more on using English...

So far I haven't been disappointed...

Boy, it's rough trying to post on what could be borrowed time...

Old 04-25-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
How does what I smoke have to do with US banking laws?

I didnt write the laws. Can you cite where Im incorrect. Throwing cute phrases doesnt prove your point...actually is only show the strenght[weakness] of your arguement...right?
So you agree illegal alien invaders shouldn't be allowed to use any money wire transfer services, I apologize....

Because if it's not a right then it's a privilege.... and they should provide proper legal ID to utilize the service....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration