U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:19 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I'd like to know what kind of abused, warped mind can turn the arrest incident in CT into an 'illegal' bashing? The arrest of the woman is wrong. It should never have happened and I hope there is an outcry far and wide. Don't forget that her friend, who lived in public assited housing also got kicked out.

But this has nothing to do with immigration, illegal or otherwise.
Yes, it has. When an American gets treated differently than an illegal alien who has committed the same offense it definately is reason to bring up illegal aliens. How is this "bashing"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 07:24 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I came across this article this morning:

Arrest of Homeless Connecticut Woman for Enrolling Son in School Illegally Sparks Debate - FoxNews.com

I would like to know why it is okay for an illegal alien to enroll their children in school and get away with it but if an American mother who wants an education for her child, going to jail?

I understand she used someone else's address to enroll her child in school, I see they also want to bring up her "criminal" past as evidence that she was knowingly scamming the school system.

Aren't illegal aliens also violating laws by entering the country illegally? Why are their children allowed to go to school, no questions asked? Why is nobody demanding they pay back all the money the taxpayers have spent on education for their children?

So why is one set of criminals punished but not the other?
Do you reallly not know why illegal aliens students are allowed to attend school? Do you really not know the difference?

How does an illegal aliens students being allowed to attend school relate/equate with a woman sending her child to a different school district?

Other that the word school...

Old 04-26-2011, 07:31 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
WT*? So, we are forced by law to pay BILLIONS for the K-12 education of millions of illegal aliens, and we are also forced to pay for the education of Mexican children who cross our border daily solely to attend our schools. None of the aforementioned are even citizens of this country, and all are receiving a public school education at U.S. taxpayers’ expense. Yet, this homeless U.S. citizen is being treated like a criminal, charged with theft, and facing a possible 20-year prison sentence for daring to enroll her son in the “wrong” school district. This country has gone to sh**. What kind of crap is this?
My sentiments exactly! to your last sentence. Exactly right, what the hell kind of crap is this. We have too many that for some odd reason, make excuses for these people.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:04 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
My sentiments exactly! to your last sentence. Exactly right, what the hell kind of crap is this. We have too many that for some odd reason, make excuses for these people.
US Supreme Court and
US Ferederal Goverment and
State legislators and
Majority of the Ameican People _________vs.______ The Extream Minority

whole lot of people...

Old 04-26-2011, 08:14 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Our only way out of this is an extremely tight border. Once the invaders are embedded they are almost impossible to remove.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:20 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,583,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I came across this article this morning:

Arrest of Homeless Connecticut Woman for Enrolling Son in School Illegally Sparks Debate - FoxNews.com

I would like to know why it is okay for an illegal alien to enroll their children in school and get away with it but if an American mother who wants an education for her child, going to jail?

I understand she used someone else's address to enroll her child in school, I see they also want to bring up her "criminal" past as evidence that she was knowingly scamming the school system.

Aren't illegal aliens also violating laws by entering the country illegally? Why are their children allowed to go to school, no questions asked? Why is nobody demanding they pay back all the money the taxpayers have spent on education for their children?

So why is one set of criminals punished but not the other?
Well, the children who are here through illegal immigration are covered by federal law to be educated by taxpayers and the school systems. That is something that we (those who aren't giving into illegal immigration) have to accept for now because it is the law and I believe in respecting established laws even if it makes illegal immigrants have things here that we know they shouldn't get. Do I think that legislation should be looked at? Yes.

So, that's to answer your question about why illegal immigrants can just put their kids in school. My theory is that schooling of illegal immigrants does nothing but provide a daycare system so the illegal immigrant parents can go out and work illegally and 2) it educates illegal immigrant children who may end up working here, taking a job away from a legal resident.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Well, the children who are here through illegal immigration are covered by federal law to be educated by taxpayers and the school systems. That is something that we (those who aren't giving into illegal immigration) have to accept for now because it is the law and I believe in respecting established laws even if it makes illegal immigrants have things here that we know they shouldn't get. Do I think that legislation should be looked at? Yes.

So, that's to answer your question about why illegal immigrants can just put their kids in school. My theory is that schooling of illegal immigrants does nothing but provide a daycare system so the illegal immigrant parents can go out and work illegally and 2) it educates illegal immigrant children who may end up working here, taking a job away from a legal resident.
Don't forget, voting for more of the same and using the power of numbers by breeding. Why they refuse to use this approach in their home Countries? Cowards.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:27 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post

You make a very good point with your last sentence. Their parents are working here illegally while their illegal kids attend our schools so that they in turn can take American jobs also when they become adults. What a weird country we live in.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You make a very good point with your last sentence. Their parents are working here illegally while their illegal kids attend our schools so that they in turn can take American jobs also when they become adults. What a weird country we live in.
AND we pay for those services the Pro-illegals keep bellowing they cannot take.

Cowards and thieves. What a culture.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:30 PM

15,924 posts, read 16,850,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
US Supreme Court and
US Ferederal Goverment and
State legislators and
Majority of the Ameican People _________vs.______ The Extream Minority

whole lot of people...
Did you mean "extreme" instead of "extream"????? And what is the definition of Ferederal? Is that some type of latino code phrase?

I think the majority of Americans don't like paying for illegal alien children to go to American schools and don't like the double standard that exists when it comes to applying American laws to a citizen vs illegal alien.....

Last edited by plwhit; 04-26-2011 at 09:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration