Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 07:43 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times

Advertisements

I came across this article this morning:

Arrest of Homeless Connecticut Woman for Enrolling Son in School Illegally Sparks Debate - FoxNews.com

I would like to know why it is okay for an illegal alien to enroll their children in school and get away with it but if an American mother who wants an education for her child, going to jail?

I understand she used someone else's address to enroll her child in school, I see they also want to bring up her "criminal" past as evidence that she was knowingly scamming the school system.

Aren't illegal aliens also violating laws by entering the country illegally? Why are their children allowed to go to school, no questions asked? Why is nobody demanding they pay back all the money the taxpayers have spent on education for their children?

So why is one set of criminals punished but not the other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 07:46 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I came across this article this morning:

Arrest of Homeless Connecticut Woman for Enrolling Son in School Illegally Sparks Debate - FoxNews.com

I would like to know why it is okay for an illegal alien to enroll their children in school and get away with it but if an American mother who wants an education for her child, going to jail?

I understand she used someone else's address to enroll her child in school, I see they also want to bring up her "criminal" past as evidence that she was knowingly scamming the school system.

Aren't illegal aliens also violating laws by entering the country illegally? Why are their children allowed to go to school, no questions asked? Why is nobody demanding they pay back all the money the taxpayers have spent on education for their children?

So why is one set of criminals punished but not the other?
The governments policy of political correctness covers your question. Nothing to be gained by taking care of our homeless but illegals are potential voters (for Obama, of course).

Old 04-26-2011, 08:02 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
It's just like where I live, there are laws requiring residency - yet the schools know full well that a large number of students don't live in the district at all (not even illegally) but commute over. But if the student is an American, forget it, the laws must be obeyed.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:33 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Tanya McDowell, a 33-year-old homeless woman whose last known address was in Bridgeport, Conn, is scheduled to be arraigned on charges of larceny and conspiracy to commit larceny for allegedly stealing $15,686 from Norwalk schools. Prosecutors allege that figure is the value of her son's education at Norwalk's Brookside Elementary School between the time he was illegally enrolled in January and McDowell's arrest on April 14. If convicted, she faces up to 20 years in prison.
WT*? So, we are forced by law to pay BILLIONS for the K-12 education of millions of illegal aliens, and we are also forced to pay for the education of Mexican children who cross our border daily solely to attend our schools. None of the aforementioned are even citizens of this country, and all are receiving a public school education at U.S. taxpayers’ expense. Yet, this homeless U.S. citizen is being treated like a criminal, charged with theft, and facing a possible 20-year prison sentence for daring to enroll her son in the “wrong” school district. This country has gone to sh**. What kind of crap is this?

Old 04-26-2011, 09:05 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
It is outrageous. Bet we don't hear a peep out of the pro-illegals in this forum denouncing this double standard even though most of them are probably citizens of this country themselves.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It is outrageous. Bet we don't hear a peep out of the pro-illegals in this forum denouncing this double standard even though most of them are probably citizens of this country themselves.
Of course not.

It is only a crime when an American citizen does something "bad" but an an illegal alien does it, they just want a better life! Or they didn't know such and such ID belong to a reason person! Or whatever excuse they come up with.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:50 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,373 times
I'd like to know what kind of abused, warped mind can turn the arrest incident in CT into an 'illegal' bashing? The arrest of the woman is wrong. It should never have happened and I hope there is an outcry far and wide. Don't forget that her friend, who lived in public assited housing also got kicked out.

But this has nothing to do with immigration, illegal or otherwise.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I'd like to know what kind of abused, warped mind can turn the arrest incident in CT into an 'illegal' bashing? The arrest of the woman is wrong. It should never have happened and I hope there is an outcry far and wide. Don't forget that her friend, who lived in public assited housing also got kicked out.

But this has nothing to do with immigration, illegal or otherwise.
Trying to discuss the double standards between what a US citizen does and what an illegal alien does and why the latter is allowed to get away with it.

You are more than welcome to click that X on the right upper corner.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:07 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's just like where I live, there are laws requiring residency - yet the schools know full well that a large number of students don't live in the district at all (not even illegally) but commute over. But if the student is an American, forget it, the laws must be obeyed.

Isn't it ironic though, that laws that were made for Americanos seem to be quite ok with those in power, who are very ok with these same laws being broken by illeglas, something very wrong with this picture folks! Very wrong.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:09 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Of course not.

It is only a crime when an American citizen does something "bad" but an an illegal alien does it, they just want a better life! Or they didn't know such and such ID belong to a reason person! Or whatever excuse they come up with.

What is so wrong about this picture, is that for Americans they will not make no exceptions at all, for illegals, they bend backwards, for them, this is so not the America i believed in while growing up for i felt that being An American, and being born here, that our Govenment cared about us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration