U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 04:14 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,842,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Even G.W. Bush got re-elected so anything is possible.

If Obama grants Amnesty by Executive order you WILL see impeachment.
You will probably see civil war. That straw will be the one that breaks the camel's back. Obama knows as much and that is why he's trying to backdoor amnesty via the DREAM Act. This way he can pretend it is "for the children".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 04:15 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,645,479 times
"Yet Gutierrez’s tactics are controversial. While many admire his tenacity and credit him with keeping immigration reform alive, others, including members of the Obama administration, believe his confrontational style can be counterproductive. He sees things more simply. “I have only one loyalty,” he says, “and that’s to the immigrant community.”

And by that he means ILLEGAL ALIENS...he doesn't use the word illegal. Apparently he doesn't see a difference between someone who goes through the proper channels to immigrate here and the ones who don't.

Pushing Obama on Immigration Reform - Newsweek

Old 05-17-2011, 05:17 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
"Yet Gutierrez’s tactics are controversial. While many admire his tenacity and credit him with keeping immigration reform alive, others, including members of the Obama administration, believe his confrontational style can be counterproductive. He sees things more simply. “I have only one loyalty,” he says, “and that’s to the immigrant community.”

And by that he means ILLEGAL ALIENS...he doesn't use the word illegal. Apparently he doesn't see a difference between someone who goes through the proper channels to immigrate here and the ones who don't.

Pushing Obama on Immigration Reform - Newsweek
Right, his loyalty is to the "Hispanic" illegal alien community. He has a lot of nerve as a congressman to say he only has "one" loyalty and it is to his ethnic group here illegally rather than this country and its laws and the entire district that he is supposed to represent. He makes me sick!

Old 05-17-2011, 05:26 PM

1,759 posts, read 1,696,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Being proud of one's roots is one thing but to advocate for those of the same roots to invade our country illegally and then be rewarded for it is quite another.
But the illegal invaders aren't from Spain.
Most of them are from Mexico.

Is his background Mexican? Or Spanish?
Someone upthread called him a "proud Spanish-American" and regardless of my disdain for hyphenated Americans I am just wondering where his background lies.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:31 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,645,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post

Someone upthread called him a "proud Spanish-American" and regardless of my disdain for hyphenated Americans I am just wondering where his background lies.

He is Puerto Rican.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post

You're right most of the illegal invaders are from Mexico and other "Spanish" speaking countries to the south of us but not from Spain itself.

KAAC, is right. He is Puerto Rican by nationality but part of his ancestry is Spanish.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:38 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I will tell you what would happen: They would NOT put up with it. We'd probably end up in jail or dead - worst case scenario.

But it would be okay for them to do both of those things, not us. Let's not enforce our laws here, let's not look out for the American people. Let's go on a tour to promote amnesty...which is exactly what he did and is probably still doing.
Oh KickAssArmyChick;
i tell ya what, i think you be right. I know your right, they even pull crap in Mexico on Mexican Americans, we knew this happend to someone we knew, acutally quite a few over the past 10 years.
You honestly don't have to give them a reason, oh my and if they think your someone with money, better watch out now.

Their only reason, has to be there reason, and that is good enough.
Amazing is it not, and the crap they get to pull in our Country, tells you something wrong with who we have in Power, both parties have simply failed us.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:40 AM

3,054 posts, read 5,027,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
You will probably see civil war. That straw will be the one that breaks the camel's back. Obama knows as much and that is why he's trying to backdoor amnesty via the DREAM Act. This way he can pretend it is "for the children".

They have too many anchor baby children here now. If the oarent is illegally here, then the Constitution must be changed to not give automatic citizenship. In fact, if you read it, the 14tth admin. says unless the parents are involved in illegal activity, which isn't being here without a visa, passport, or greencard illegal activity?

Old 05-18-2011, 02:34 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
They have too many anchor baby children here now. If the oarent is illegally here, then the Constitution must be changed to not give automatic citizenship. In fact, if you read it, the 14tth admin. says unless the parents are involved in illegal activity, which isn't being here without a visa, passport, or greencard illegal activity?
The 14th admin. may say that, but the 14th amendment, section 1 to the US Constitution has no provision for the parents of the person born on US soil.

Quote:
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
The 14th admin. may say that, but the 14th amendment, section 1 to the US Constitution has no provision for the parents of the person born on US soil.
Again, that "clue" of "AND" subject to the jurisdiction" eliminates instant citizenship for babies born of illegal aliens. Too bad the powers that be weren't bright enough to understand what it truly meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or