U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-18-2011, 11:33 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Reputation: 957

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Again, that "clue" of "AND" subject to the jurisdiction" eliminates instant citizenship for babies born of illegal aliens. Too bad the powers that be weren't bright enough to understand what it truly meant.
seems to me the subject of the sentence is the person born on US soil. No word of parent is used in that sentance.

Lets read it together...

All persons[subject] born [verb]or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside

"and subject to the jurisdiction thereof"...still refers to the subject "all persons".

The authors of the 14th were plenty bright...you may not agree with them or simple English text...but that's not on them.

Remind me...what is the law of the land?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-18-2011, 12:12 PM
 
15,924 posts, read 16,853,526 times
Reputation: 7619
The way this illegal alien lover talks he believes these invaders should have rights.....

I guess he'll be coming up for re-election soon and is pandering for the illegal alien vote...

"ripped from the mothers arms" sheesh....

Why doesn't this guy talk about "the grandfather these kids will never know because illegal aliens broke into his house and killed him"

Nahhh, these illegal alien lovers aren't concerned about the welfare of American citizens are they....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2011, 01:22 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
seems to me the subject of the sentence is the person born on US soil. No word of parent is used in that sentance.

Lets read it together...

All persons[subject] born [verb]or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside

"and subject to the jurisdiction thereof"...still refers to the subject "all persons".

The authors of the 14th were plenty bright...you may not agree with them or simple English text...but that's not on them.

Remind me...what is the law of the land?
As I have reiterated many times before there would have been no need for the word "and" in the clause if a newborn were automatically subject to the jursidiction, etc.

Don't care what the misinterpreted law of the land is, it wasn't the intent of the writers and it needs to be changed to reflect the requirements of most other industrialized first world countries which is that at least one parent has to be a citizen of this country for their newborn to gain instant birthright citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 04:25 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
As I have reiterated many times before there would have been no need for the word "and" in the clause if a newborn were automatically subject to the jursidiction, etc.

Don't care what the misinterpreted law of the land is, it wasn't the intent of the writers and it needs to be changed to reflect the requirements of most other industrialized first world countries which is that at least one parent has to be a citizen of this country for their newborn to gain instant birthright citizenship.

There is if the newborn is not subject to the judicial jurisdiction of the US such as Native nations on US soil and newborns of Diplomats.

That has noting to do with who is a House representive's constituent. The US constitution is also clear on how a representitive district is apportioned and who is to be counted[US census...counts all persons residing in the US]. The Constitution is clear that US citizens vote for representitives, but represents all persons in their distict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 04:47 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,860,628 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
seems to me the subject of the sentence is the person born on US soil. No word of parent is used in that sentance.

Lets read it together...

All persons[subject] born [verb]or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside

"and subject to the jurisdiction thereof"...still refers to the subject "all persons".

The authors of the 14th were plenty bright...you may not agree with them or simple English text...but that's not on them.

Remind me...what is the law of the land?

Reminder: Illegal immigration is against the law. Most illegal alien supporters are ethnocentric Hispanics who have an agenda to be the majority in the USA no matter what the costs or consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 05:47 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Reminder: Illegal immigration is against the law. Most illegal alien supporters are ethnocentric Hispanics who have an agenda to be the majority in the USA no matter what the costs or consequences.
What does it matter what group is the majority? You seem to think that there is a concerted effort by Hispanics to become "the majority" in this nation? Stop scaring yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 07:34 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
What does it matter what group is the majority? You seem to think that there is a concerted effort by Hispanics to become "the majority" in this nation? Stop scaring yourself.
It matters a great deal if the demographics of a country are altered through illegal immigration.

There IS a concerted effor by some if not many Hispanics to become the majority in this country via illegal immigration whether you want to admit it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 09:30 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It matters a great deal if the demographics of a country are altered through illegal immigration.

There IS a concerted effor by some if not many Hispanics to become the majority in this country via illegal immigration whether you want to admit it or not.

as you love to point out...Hispanic is not a race, so we are already in the majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
as you love to point out...Hispanic is not a race, so we are already in the majority.
Which begs the question: How can “Hispanic” be the largest minority?

You can’t have it both ways. You can’t be a “minority” when it suits a purpose, and also be included in the majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 09:48 AM
 
1,759 posts, read 1,696,885 times
Reputation: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It matters a great deal if the demographics of a country are altered through illegal immigration.
Stop making sense!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top