U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-29-2011, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Atlanta Georgia
131 posts, read 144,661 times
Reputation: 41

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
First of all, there are drug cartels in the USA, and by insisting the border remain open the pro-illegals have shot down that argument. After all the same open border that allows in all the illegals would allow in all the drug cartels.

Second the cartels are only warring in certain regions and cities. Most of Mexico is quite safe and it's a lie the illegals promote that it is not. In fact some Mexican cities have very low homicide rates. The cartel is fighting for territory along the border.

Another lie is that there are no universities in Mexico. There are, and there is nothing at all stopping the illegals here from attending a university in their own country.

Really have you been to Mexico? Have you studied there? Do you know what you're talking about when you smear Mexico like that?

I have studied and lived and traveled in Mexico, no one cried for me when I attended class there and it was a great experience. How can these people put their own country down? And the shame is, it's all for the big easy money of the USA. What kind of people are they?
I have traveled to Mexico and my parents even have a vacation home there.

So as a person who has traveled to Mexico, you are suggesting that Mexico is similar to the United States economically and socially.
What parts of Mexico did you live??
Did you live in the poverty stricken areas or do you live in "the good part"

If you know these things then you would know that Mexico is a very different society than what Americans are accustomed 2

Why would you send somebody off who has no social ties to Mexico and has more social ties to America. This is all im saying

Yes rules and laws are in place..does they make them just no
I can name a few laws in American history that where in place...were they equal n just..not at all

Drug cartels here are vastly different than in Mexico, as a person who has been to Mexico, you should know. We have the ability to keep them under control, as for as Mexico, the army have to be called in and is doing a poor job I might add

I am NOT for illegal immigration which you fail to point out....
I think they are some exceptions as the illegal immigrants portrayed in the article
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2011, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Atlanta Georgia
131 posts, read 144,661 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, the majority of illegals are low-skilled and uneducated. However, the point you are missing is that MOST U.S. citizens do NOT have a college education. In fact, only 28% of U.S. citizens are college educated. Believe it, or not, illegal aliens have displaced millions of citizens. Do you not have compassion for them? Should they simply step aside and relinquish their livelihood to illegals?
Yes your points are good, but have research everything you quoted

Im just going to copy and paste this from my excerpt becuase I don't feel like writing iti over

illegal immigration only makes up five percent of the workforce
working age Americans make up 77%,

It is cut ans paste so bear with me

Many illegal immigrants use universal service such as schools, hospitals, and public safety. The problem is they do not pay taxes. The economic cost of illegal immigrants often has two opinions. Many argue that illegal aliens are a huge liability. According to Fair, “illegal aliens cost US taxpayers more than $100 billion each year.”(Fahmy 1)

Many economist believe that Fair numbers are inaccurate But According to economist Madeline Zavodny, “A recent estimate from the Council of Economic Advisers is that immigrants as a whole (not just illegal immigrants) add about $37 billion a year to the U.S. economy.”(2) The economist evidence points to the low skilled worker of a male illegal immigrant. Male illegal immigrants have extremely high rates of labor force participation because of their ineligible for "public assistance." Thus immigrants take many jobs that many highly skilled Americans will not due.

“Research by Patricia Cortes of the University of Chicago indicates that skilled natives benefit from lower prices for goods and services produced by illegal immigrants.”(1) This shows a benefit because Americans profit from illegal immigrants cheap labor.

For example in San Diego, agriculture is a five billion a year industry. But according to Alison St John, “Erik Larson of the San Diego Farm Bureau says that, because land is so expensive, farmers have to grow crops with a high return on investment, and those crops are also labor intensive. He says that without illegal immigrant labor most farms in San Diego would disappear." This means that the American economy is actually dependent on illegal immigration. Furthermore, many Americans are high skilled workers and do not do hard labor jobs. So illegal immigrants work to fill the void untouched by many Americans. As a result, the economy is healthier by cheaper labor. Construction and tourism also benefit from cheap labor. For example in Texas, many houses can be completed more cheaply than a place like Idaho because of immigrants

. However, overall illegal immigrants do make a positive impact on the economy. According to Adam Davidson, “…economists generally believe that when averaged over the whole economy, the effect is a small net positive.” Illegal Immigrants depress wages as noted in the above paragraph, but Americans benefit by lower prices for meals and products.

Contrary to popular belief many illegal immigrants are NOT ELIGIBLE for public assistance. Yes they use fake ids and social numbers but over the years state laws have become more tougher for them

I have done my research on illegal immigration. Yes, Americans should have their jobs but because of the economic downturn, now people are saying that illegal immigrants are taking their jobs. This is not the case
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2011, 10:07 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Reputation: 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess.Johnson View Post
Yes your points are good, but have research everything you quoted

Im just going to copy and paste this from my excerpt becuase I don't feel like writing iti over

illegal immigration only makes up five percent of the workforce
working age Americans make up 77%,

It is cut ans paste so bear with me

Many illegal immigrants use universal service such as schools, hospitals, and public safety. The problem is they do not pay taxes. The economic cost of illegal immigrants often has two opinions. Many argue that illegal aliens are a huge liability. According to Fair, “illegal aliens cost US taxpayers more than $100 billion each year.”(Fahmy 1)

Many economist believe that Fair numbers are inaccurate But According to economist Madeline Zavodny, “A recent estimate from the Council of Economic Advisers is that immigrants as a whole (not just illegal immigrants) add about $37 billion a year to the U.S. economy.”(2) The economist evidence points to the low skilled worker of a male illegal immigrant. Male illegal immigrants have extremely high rates of labor force participation because of their ineligible for "public assistance." Thus immigrants take many jobs that many highly skilled Americans will not due.

“Research by Patricia Cortes of the University of Chicago indicates that skilled natives benefit from lower prices for goods and services produced by illegal immigrants.”(1) This shows a benefit because Americans profit from illegal immigrants cheap labor.

For example in San Diego, agriculture is a five billion a year industry. But according to Alison St John, “Erik Larson of the San Diego Farm Bureau says that, because land is so expensive, farmers have to grow crops with a high return on investment, and those crops are also labor intensive. He says that without illegal immigrant labor most farms in San Diego would disappear." This means that the American economy is actually dependent on illegal immigration. Furthermore, many Americans are high skilled workers and do not do hard labor jobs. So illegal immigrants work to fill the void untouched by many Americans. As a result, the economy is healthier by cheaper labor. Construction and tourism also benefit from cheap labor. For example in Texas, many houses can be completed more cheaply than a place like Idaho because of immigrants

. However, overall illegal immigrants do make a positive impact on the economy. According to Adam Davidson, “…economists generally believe that when averaged over the whole economy, the effect is a small net positive.” Illegal Immigrants depress wages as noted in the above paragraph, but Americans benefit by lower prices for meals and products.

Contrary to popular belief many illegal immigrants are NOT ELIGIBLE for public assistance. Yes they use fake ids and social numbers but over the years state laws have become more tougher for them

I have done my research on illegal immigration. Yes, Americans should have their jobs but because of the economic downturn, now people are saying that illegal immigrants are taking their jobs. This is not the case
Do you believe that a business (that uses illegal practices and means) should be allowed to exist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2011, 10:14 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess.Johnson View Post
Yes your points are good, but have research everything you quoted

Im just going to copy and paste this from my excerpt becuase I don't feel like writing iti over

illegal immigration only makes up five percent of the workforce
working age Americans make up 77%,

It is cut ans paste so bear with me

Many illegal immigrants use universal service such as schools, hospitals, and public safety. The problem is they do not pay taxes. The economic cost of illegal immigrants often has two opinions. Many argue that illegal aliens are a huge liability. According to Fair, “illegal aliens cost US taxpayers more than $100 billion each year.”(Fahmy 1)

Many economist believe that Fair numbers are inaccurate But According to economist Madeline Zavodny, “A recent estimate from the Council of Economic Advisers is that immigrants as a whole (not just illegal immigrants) add about $37 billion a year to the U.S. economy.”(2) The economist evidence points to the low skilled worker of a male illegal immigrant. Male illegal immigrants have extremely high rates of labor force participation because of their ineligible for "public assistance." Thus immigrants take many jobs that many highly skilled Americans will not due.

“Research by Patricia Cortes of the University of Chicago indicates that skilled natives benefit from lower prices for goods and services produced by illegal immigrants.”(1) This shows a benefit because Americans profit from illegal immigrants cheap labor.

For example in San Diego, agriculture is a five billion a year industry. But according to Alison St John, “Erik Larson of the San Diego Farm Bureau says that, because land is so expensive, farmers have to grow crops with a high return on investment, and those crops are also labor intensive. He says that without illegal immigrant labor most farms in San Diego would disappear." This means that the American economy is actually dependent on illegal immigration. Furthermore, many Americans are high skilled workers and do not do hard labor jobs. So illegal immigrants work to fill the void untouched by many Americans. As a result, the economy is healthier by cheaper labor. Construction and tourism also benefit from cheap labor. For example in Texas, many houses can be completed more cheaply than a place like Idaho because of immigrants

. However, overall illegal immigrants do make a positive impact on the economy. According to Adam Davidson, “…economists generally believe that when averaged over the whole economy, the effect is a small net positive.” Illegal Immigrants depress wages as noted in the above paragraph, but Americans benefit by lower prices for meals and products.

Contrary to popular belief many illegal immigrants are NOT ELIGIBLE for public assistance. Yes they use fake ids and social numbers but over the years state laws have become more tougher for them

I have done my research on illegal immigration. Yes, Americans should have their jobs but because of the economic downturn, now people are saying that illegal immigrants are taking their jobs. This is not the case
Yes, they are taking blue collar jobs that Americans have always done and need and want. There is proof of it all over this forum and out in mainstream America.

As for any other pluses or negatives they are all irrelevant anyway in regards to the rule of law argument and their illegal presence here in violation of our immigration laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2011, 10:18 AM
 
Location: Atlanta Georgia
131 posts, read 144,661 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Do you believe that a business (that uses illegal practices and means) should be allowed to exist?
They already exist, I cannot do anything

and it depends on what yu mean by illegal practice because in capitalism there arent any
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2011, 10:23 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess.Johnson View Post
They already exist, I cannot do anything

and it depends on what yu mean by illegal practice because in capitalism there arent any
Capitalism does not trump our federal immigration and labor laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2011, 10:24 AM
 
Location: Atlanta Georgia
131 posts, read 144,661 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yes, they are taking blue collar jobs that Americans have always done and need and want. There is proof of it all over this forum and out in mainstream America.

As for any other pluses or negatives they are all irrelevant anyway in regards to the rule of law argument and their illegal presence here in violation of our immigration laws.
this actual wasn't for you..

This was for the other fellow who told me about researching the topic

As for illegal immigration law. Yes it is law, but is it a just law??

There have been many instances of Americans laws being just

Plessy vs Ferguson is a prime example
It was a law, was it a just law??---> no

I;m saying with situation like these there should be some type of exception?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2011, 10:29 AM
 
Location: Atlanta Georgia
131 posts, read 144,661 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Capitalism does not trump our federal immigration and labor laws.
But he was giving another scenario different from immigration.

And I already know this but is federal law followed??

So what about the many people who invade taxes and scam the government..real Americans will you give them the same respect as illegal immigrants who only came for a better life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2011, 11:04 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Reputation: 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess.Johnson View Post
They already exist, I cannot do anything

and it depends on what yu mean by illegal practice because in capitalism there arent any
So you won't answer the question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2011, 11:30 AM
 
Location: Atlanta Georgia
131 posts, read 144,661 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So you won't answer the question?
In this case Yes I do want them to exist. I can have lower prices

For example, Do you go to Wal Mart? Because some can say they us illegal practices

And 9/10 you go to Wal mart so thus you support them

You allow them to exist right?? in that case everybody in capitalism use an unethical or illegal tactic to gain business or develope.. no matter how pure and friendy they say they are
There are many cases so your point is??
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,150846,00.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Walmart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top