U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-29-2011, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess.Johnson View Post
In this case Yes I do want them to exist. I can have lower prices

For example, Do you go to Wal Mart? Because some can say they us illegal practices

And 9/10 you go to Wal mart so thus you support them

You allow them to exist right?? in that case everybody in capitalism use an unethical or illegal tactic to gain business or develope.. no matter how pure and friendy they say they are
There are many cases so your point is??
Wal-Mart Settles Illegal Immigrant Case for $11M - Business And Money | Business News | Financial News - FOXNews.com
Criticism of Walmart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You could enjoy even lower prices through slavery. Would you support that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2011, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Atlanta Georgia
131 posts, read 144,740 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You could enjoy even lower prices through slavery. Would you support that?
lol your talking about a inhumane way of trying to make lower prices

And i will not support that because my GREATS GRANDPARENTS would have done it, and they came here illegally as well--->so your point, oooo but wait a minute they wanted them

the other post do you support business that use "illegal practices" and I say I do

Do you go to Wal Mart??? answer that

Humm like im going to say , my opinion is my opinion and I'm sticking with it
There should be some instances where they should stay and others when they don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2011, 12:02 PM
 
Location: California
884 posts, read 585,091 times
Reputation: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess.Johnson View Post
But he was giving another scenario different from immigration.

And I already know this but is federal law followed??

So what about the many people who invade taxes and scam the government..real Americans will you give them the same respect as illegal immigrants who only came for a better life
If I may respond to your post, please tell me in any way shape or form: How do Americans who evade taxes (not invade) have absolutely anything to do with illegal immigrants? If you are a smart person you won't answer this question because there is no answer, I'm simply making a point.


You remind me of a poster recently quoting the same things. Hmmm
One must leave emotion out of this subject as it cannot logically be applied here. If that were the case, then the U.S. should be taking care of the whole world.

Sir, you may post all the lopsided studies you want, all day all night. For those of us who see the effects of illegal immigration everyday there are no studies to support it. Please save the "they just want a good life" crap as their actions speak louder than the "stories" you have read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2011, 12:04 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess.Johnson View Post
lol your talking about a inhumane way of trying to make lower prices

And i will not support that because my GREATS GRANDPARENTS would have done it, and they came here illegally as well--->so your point, oooo but wait a minute they wanted them

the other post do you support business that use "illegal practices" and I say I do

Do you go to Wal Mart??? answer that

Humm like im going to say , my opinion is my opinion and I'm sticking with it
There should be some instances where they should stay and others when they don't.
And, it isn’t inhumane to displace U.S. citizens with cheap, illegal, foreign labor? Don’t citizens also need to survive?

No, I do not shop at Walmart.

Since you condone illegal practices, it is understandable that you would also support illegal immigration. You are certainly entitled to your unethical beliefs. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2011, 12:13 PM
 
Location: Atlanta Georgia
131 posts, read 144,740 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And, it isnít inhumane to displace U.S. citizens with cheap, illegal, foreign labor? Donít citizens also need to survive?

No, I do not shop at Walmart.

Since you condone illegal practices, it is understandable why you would also support illegal immigration. You are certainly entitled to your unethical beliefs. Enjoy!
Where do you shop at??

Unless you have your own garden, there are many corp that use illegal practice

Does it make it right-->no
Im over it becuase i support this young lady who obviously came here without her will who has lived in America her entire life who is about to get deported

college educated and probably hardworker

But no people dont see her as an American, they see as illegal trash..lol so deport her

Since you post slavery, I wish America did this for slavery.

LOL I DO NOT SUPPORT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION , THERE SHOULD BE SOME EXCEPTION OF THE RULE SUCH AS THIS GIRL..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2011, 12:14 PM
 
15,924 posts, read 16,856,733 times
Reputation: 7623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess.Johnson View Post
In this case Yes I do want them to exist. I can have lower prices

For example, Do you go to Wal Mart? Because some can say they us illegal practices

And 9/10 you go to Wal mart so thus you support them

You allow them to exist right?? in that case everybody in capitalism use an unethical or illegal tactic to gain business or develope.. no matter how pure and friendy they say they are
There are many cases so your point is??
Wal-Mart Settles Illegal Immigrant Case for $11M - Business And Money | Business News | Financial News - FOXNews.com
Criticism of Walmart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your ummm "many cases".... the TWO examples of one company, one URL is six years old and the only FACT in the other URL contains allegations.....

And your use of one of C-D's most favorite sayings
Quote:
Because some can say
indicates to me your whole Wal*Mart argument is BS...

I don't care how productive an illegal is, let them be productive in their own country... Deportation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2011, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Atlanta Georgia
131 posts, read 144,740 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
If I may respond to your post, please tell me in any way shape or form: How do Americans who evade taxes (not invade) have absolutely anything to do with illegal immigrants? If you are a smart person you won't answer this question because there is no answer, I'm simply making a point.


You remind me of a poster recently quoting the same things. Hmmm
One must leave emotion out of this subject as it cannot logically be applied here. If that were the case, then the U.S. should be taking care of the whole world.

Sir, you may post all the lopsided studies you want, all day all night. For those of us who see the effects of illegal immigration everyday there are no studies to support it. Please save the "they just want a good life" crap as their actions speak louder than the "stories" you have read.
OBVIOUSLY you didn't read any poster remarks to my comment.

thanks for editing my post, I'm always open for correction.

It has nothing to with emotion, and I don't think the US should care for the whole world, you are just putting words in my mouth

As for the feel effects... what effects do you see??, where yu feeling those effects 3 years ago before the economic downturn

I am from Houston Texas, so I know what illegal immigration can do to a city.
I have read Studies and experience real life add that too...

Before you judge, you need to talk to a real life illegal immigrant
Are do you think all hispanics are illegals
How can you tell an illegal immigrant huh from an American citizen??? i just want to know

Do you think all low skill workers are illegals?? Because I cant tell if they are legal or illegal
So miss me with that bull****

And Houston economy isn't hurting at all.

Last edited by Jess.Johnson; 04-29-2011 at 12:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2011, 12:25 PM
 
Location: Atlanta Georgia
131 posts, read 144,740 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Your ummm "many cases".... the TWO examples of one company, one URL is six years old and the only FACT in the other URL contains allegations.....

And your use of one of C-D's most favorite sayings indicates to me your whole Wal*Mart argument is BS...

I don't care how productive an illegal is, let them be productive in their own country... Deportation
hahahah google it yourself, those were only examples...so you are saying they didn't have to pay up six years ago

They weren't charged for illegal practices..ha ha

lol your point is..

I dont think it uses illegal pratices, I know a chick that will not shop at wal mart becuase she feels as though wal mart shut down "American" small businesses

prime example some say they use illegal practice and others don't

and I have only been on here for a week so I wouldnt know what they use
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2011, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,363,879 times
Reputation: 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess.Johnson View Post
In this case Yes I do want them to exist. I can have lower prices

For example, Do you go to Wal Mart? Because some can say they us illegal practices

And 9/10 you go to Wal mart so thus you support them

You allow them to exist right?? in that case everybody in capitalism use an unethical or illegal tactic to gain business or develope.. no matter how pure and friendy they say they are
There are many cases so your point is??
Wal-Mart Settles Illegal Immigrant Case for $11M - Business And Money | Business News | Financial News - FOXNews.com
Criticism of Walmart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So, you are happy to see American families without jobs and struggling to survive as long as YOU can have lower prices? How pathetically selfish. Sure, prices on items might go up, but AMERICAN employees would also be making a higher wage, which would balance that out.

Does it really matter where someone shops, considering that so many companies are now hiring illegals? What do you propose? That we all stop buying food and clothing outright? What if someone lives too far away from a larger city and with the cost of gas can't afford to drive there? I guess Wal-Mart might be their only option. But I guess you would also be okay with Americans running around naked and starving as long as YOU get to pay lower prices?

Here's an idea...how about we STOP allowing these people to stay here and force their OWN governments to deal with and support them? Australia takes care of their own people and turns away illegal immigrants. Mexico does the same. So, why is American not alos allowed to act as a sovereign nation and protect our own borders? What makes you think that we are OBLIGATED to care of everyone else in the world while turning a blind eye to our own people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2011, 12:42 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess.Johnson View Post
this actual wasn't for you..

This was for the other fellow who told me about researching the topic

As for illegal immigration law. Yes it is law, but is it a just law??

There have been many instances of Americans laws being just

Plessy vs Ferguson is a prime example
It was a law, was it a just law??---> no

I;m saying with situation like these there should be some type of exception?
You tell us what is "unjust" about our immigration laws and policies then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top