U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 01:43 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess.Johnson View Post
But he was giving another scenario different from immigration.

And I already know this but is federal law followed??

So what about the many people who invade taxes and scam the government..real Americans will you give them the same respect as illegal immigrants who only came for a better life
I don't respect anyone who has broken any of our laws including our own citizens. Does that answer your question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 01:45 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Quote:
Where do you shop at??

Unless you have your own garden, there are many corp that use illegal practice

Does it make it right-->no
Im over it becuase i support this young lady who obviously came here without her will who has lived in America her entire life who is about to get deported

college educated and probably hardworker

But no people dont see her as an American, they see as illegal trash..lol so deport her

Since you post slavery, I wish America did this for slavery.

LOL I DO NOT SUPPORT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION , THERE SHOULD BE SOME EXCEPTION OF THE RULE SUCH AS THIS GIRL..
My shopping preference is irrelevant. Why do you care?

Again, you are entitled to your beliefs. However, your support for your competition is rather strange.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:46 PM

131 posts, read 145,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
So, you are happy to see American families without jobs and struggling to survive as long as YOU can have lower prices? How pathetically selfish. Sure, prices on items might go up, but AMERICAN employees would also be making a higher wage, which would balance that out.

Does it really matter where someone shops, considering that so many companies are now hiring illegals? What do you propose? That we all stop buying food and clothing outright? What if someone lives too far away from a larger city and with the cost of gas can't afford to drive there? I guess Wal-Mart might be their only option. But I guess you would also be okay with Americans running around naked and starving as long as YOU get to pay lower prices?

Here's an idea...how about we STOP allowing these people to stay here and force their OWN governments to deal with and support them? Australia takes care of their own people and turns away illegal immigrants. Mexico does the same. So, why is American not alos allowed to act as a sovereign nation and protect our own borders? What makes you think that we are OBLIGATED to care of everyone else in the world while turning a blind eye to our own people?
lmao I wasn't even talking about illegal immgrants working there read the poster before quoting me

he asked me should business be allowed to exist that commit illegal practices?

I said yes I do,
I gave him an example of Walmart
because some can say they commit illegal practices
And i buy their brand and go to their store so obviously i want them to exist

not becuase who they hire or what they do..
so you can miss me too

you are putting words in my mouth as wll

Old 04-29-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Again, you are entitled to your beliefs. However, your support for your competition is rather strange.
I have no competition with illegal immigrants.

I am highy educated, and work as a personal financial advisor,and going back to school to get another degree

The company who hired me looked at my skills and education achievements,

Last edited by Jess.Johnson; 04-29-2011 at 02:14 PM..

Old 04-29-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Do you believe that a business (that uses illegal practices and means) should be allowed to exist?

This the question that was asked of me..

you rode that bandwagon as well so I asked the same thing because every business have committed some type of illegal practice

Old 04-29-2011, 02:05 PM

8,536 posts, read 6,216,063 times
Quote:
This article was quite interesting.
I think with illegal immigrants like those in the article, they shouldnt be deported
I support making "productive" illegals immigrants into Us citizens. ~~ of course you do!!

They are making a better life for themselves and haven't committed a known crime ~~ They can make a better life for theirselves @ home

Donal Trump is a idiot in my opinion . I'll have to agree with that statement He must have a major project in the future
wonder what THAT could be?? And the Repubs hang on his every word.

1. YES, they should be deported. They aren't in this country legally!!
2. Who is to say who is productive and who isn't?

Old 04-29-2011, 02:11 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,948,584 times
Quote:
The agent said ICE “was supposed to be concentrating on criminals, not on Dream students,” said Ralph Isenberg, a Dallas businessman who advocates for immigrants and made it his cause to prevent Ms. Zanella from being deported. Mr. Isenberg’s challenges to ICE had kept Ms. Zanella in the country even after the final date for her deportation in February.

“As long as I do well in school and stay out of trouble, I will be out of trouble with ICE,” Ms. Zanella said she was told. She has to report to ICE every month.
Again, this administration's enforcement of its own agenda while ignoring adherance to the laws on the books! It is, literally, criminal!

Old 04-29-2011, 02:20 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
I have no competition with illegal immigrants.

I am highy educated, and work as a personal financial advisor,and going back to school to get another degree

The company who hired me looked at my skills and education achievements,
What you aren't getting is that illegals are not competing for white collar jobs like yours. They lack the education and skills to do them. However, they are competing against our blue collar American workforce by willing to work for less than a fair wage.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:22 PM

23,627 posts, read 31,274,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What you aren't getting is that illegals are not competing for white collar jobs like yours. They lack the education and skills to do them. However, they are competing against our blue collar American workforce by willing to work for less than a fair wage.
There is actually a growing number of illegal Indian immigrants who are competing for white collar jobs, though.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Like I told you before...You know what okay

Illegal Immigrants compete for Blue collar jobs --->its a fact and i proved it in my above post

But what I was saying like these illegal immigrants that are in school, there should be some type of an exception to the rule

I know she is illegal and i know she is not suppose to be here, but there should be some sympathy for her, she was force to come to America but now she is faced for deportation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration