Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 02:02 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess.Johnson View Post
I have no competition with illegal immigrants.

I am highy educated, and work as a personal financial advisor,and going back to school to get another degree

The company who hired me looked at my skills and education achievements,
I am not trying to be offensive, but this is very hard to believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 02:05 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,347,014 times
So automatically agree with the "she can go back" posts. Grew up in violent Detroit but have parents that were born here...am leagl.

We must stop being lead by our emotions and see the senselessness of supporting another illegal soul here until we become a robust country once agian!

Old 04-29-2011, 03:17 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
I dont think it uses illegal pratices, I know a chick that will not shop at wal mart becuase she feels as though wal mart shut down "American" small businesses

prime example some say they use illegal practice and others don't

and I have only been on here for a week so I wouldnt know what they use

And I know a person who *knows* people live on Venus.... and?????

I *know* illegal alien invaders are taking jobs away from Americans...

Someone is here illegally? -->deport<-- No whiny ass excuses accepted.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:08 PM

884 posts, read 716,438 times
Quote:
OBVIOUSLY you didn't read any poster remarks to my comment.

thanks for editing my post, I'm always open for correction.

It has nothing to with emotion, and I don't think the US should care for the whole world, you are just putting words in my mouth

As for the feel effects... what effects do you see??, where yu feeling those effects 3 years ago before the economic downturn

I am from Houston Texas, so I know what illegal immigration can do to a city.
I have read Studies and experience real life add that too...

Before you judge, you need to talk to a real life illegal immigrant
Are do you think all hispanics are illegals
How can you tell an illegal immigrant huh from an American citizen??? i just want to know

Do you think all low skill workers are illegals?? Because I cant tell if they are legal or illegal
So miss me with that bull****

And Houston economy isn't hurting at all.
Your above post is ladened with emotion. How can I tell an illegal immigrant from an American you ask? In my profession I talk to real life illegals EVERYDAY and ask them very personal information about their medical history family history etc. Their brazen attitudes filled with entitlement has gotten out of hand. The hand outs MUST stop now. Keep your left sided "studies" to yourself as I'm sure they are riddeld with miss information. We can't take care of the whole world, its not possible.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:00 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
In this case Yes I do want them to exist. I can have lower prices

For example, Do you go to Wal Mart? Because some can say they us illegal practices

And 9/10 you go to Wal mart so thus you support them

You allow them to exist right?? in that case everybody in capitalism use an unethical or illegal tactic to gain business or develope.. no matter how pure and friendy they say they are
There are many cases so your point is??
Wal-Mart Settles Illegal Immigrant Case for $11M - Business And Money | Business News | Financial News - FOXNews.com
Criticism of Walmart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2005? Walmart does not hire illegal aliens today. They are also not breaking any laws with their business..........today.

They cleaned it up just as EVERY OTHER business that uses illegal aliens for labor needs to do.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:16 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,568 times
If I may approach the elephant in the room...

If you are in favor of people breaking our immigration laws, drifting over the border w/ no consequence and possibly being given amnesty, what of all those who have applied for citizenship within the proper channels and have a considerable wait to become legal citizens of the country?

Why should they even bother?
Why would we have these channels in the first place?

Looking forward to a well-thought-out answer.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:30 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
2005? Walmart does not hire illegal aliens today. They are also not breaking any laws with their business..........today.

They cleaned it up just as EVERY OTHER business that uses illegal aliens for labor needs to do.
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Walmart hired illegal aliens directly. They used contractors that sent them cleaning people who were illegal aliens. Now Walmart may or may not have known the contractor was sending illegals but that is the way that I remember it.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:42 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,150 times
Quote:
lmao I wasn't even talking about illegal immgrants working there read the poster before quoting me

he asked me should business be allowed to exist that commit illegal practices?

I said yes I do,
I gave him an example of Walmart
because some can say they commit illegal practices
And i buy their brand and go to their store so obviously i want them to exist

not becuase who they hire or what they do..
so you can miss me too

you are putting words in my mouth as wll
This thread is about ILLEGAL immigrants, which also includes those companies which hire them. You are perfectly aware of that. Quit playing stupid and trying to squirrel your way out of it.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:44 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Walmart hired illegal aliens directly. They used contractors that sent them cleaning people who were illegal aliens. Now Walmart may or may not have known the contractor was sending illegals but that is the way that I remember it.
You are correct from what I have read. It was clean up crews and what not.

I don't know why the poster would try and lump Walmart into an illegal immigration debate but I've seen plenty more far fetched comparisons. I'm starting to think that most of the people defending these hiring practices are the exact ones using illegal labor.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:45 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Let's hope that you put more care and attention into your work product than you put into your posts here. The quality of your writing is atrocious.
Maybe their clients are all illegals, so quality of writing is a moot point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration