U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 08:43 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,682,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Really there should be much more compassion for unemployed Americans who are losing their homes, their futures, standard of living, their pride, their morales while millions of foreigners illegally here are grabbing up jobs and Medicaid, food stamps, WIC and much more.

Why have compassion for someone who is breaking the law? There are many others more deserving of sympathy.

I am one of those and I already feel like garbage for going to the WIC office to get barely $50 a month for food. My boyfriend is getting SNAP. We feel like we have hit rock bottom. I had someone call me white trash and say I need to stop depending on the government. I guess the forget I have paid into the system since I got my first job almost 10 years ago. And he's been working since he was 15. Those people are the same ones that support illegal aliens... in theory, right? It's much easier to "stand behind them" if you don't have to open your wallet and actually give them a free ride.

There are millions of Americans in our situation or even worse. I know of a few. It is sad.

I wrote about this here but I witnessed a family in the WIC office who could not speak English and needed a Spanish interpreter but drove off in a BMW. How does that happen!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 10:36 AM

47,576 posts, read 59,097,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I am one of those and I already feel like garbage for going to the WIC office to get barely $50 a month for food. My boyfriend is getting SNAP. We feel like we have hit rock bottom. I had someone call me white trash and say I need to stop depending on the government. I guess the forget I have paid into the system since I got my first job almost 10 years ago. And he's been working since he was 15. Those people are the same ones that support illegal aliens... in theory, right? It's much easier to "stand behind them" if you don't have to open your wallet and actually give them a free ride.

There are millions of Americans in our situation or even worse. I know of a few. It is sad.

I wrote about this here but I witnessed a family in the WIC office who could not speak English and needed a Spanish interpreter but drove off in a BMW. How does that happen!?
Illegals aren't expected to report their incomes, and if they're using someone's stolen social security number, how can they report their incomes -- so obviously they're going to qualify for food stamps, WIC and the rest even if they're making plenty of money.

But also don't forgt how big illegal trafficking of drugs is -- drugs are Mexico's number one export and it's huge business and a large number of illegals are actually here working for the cartels. They are part of the vast drug trafficking networks established throughout the USA by the cartels - and they also aren't expected to report their income when they apply for Medicaid, food stamps, WIC and the rest. Lots of illegals drive around in luxury vehicles -- no questions asked.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:45 AM

33,148 posts, read 30,412,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Illegals aren't expected to report their incomes, and if they're using someone's stolen social security number, how can they report their incomes -- so obviously they're going to qualify for food stamps, WIC and the rest even if they're making plenty of money.

But also don't forgt how big illegal trafficking of drugs is -- drugs are Mexico's number one export and it's huge business and a large number of illegals are actually here working for the cartels. They are part of the vast drug trafficking networks established throughout the USA by the cartels - and they also aren't expected to report their income when they apply for Medicaid, food stamps, WIC and the rest. Lots of illegals drive around in luxury vehicles -- no questions asked.
Kidnapping for ransom is quickly becoming the mode of operation in Mexico. When it's spilling over maybe our Govt will actually do something about our borders.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Kidnapping for ransom is quickly becoming the mode of operation in Mexico. When it's spilling over maybe our Govt will actually do something about our borders.
It has spilled over. They even dragged a Mexican national out of a house in broad daylight -- in front of witnesses and all - and he was found a couple days later with his arms chopped off and dead on a Juarez street.

Still nothing being done about that border.

Phoenix is second only to Mexico City in the kidnapping capital rankings. Still nothing is done about the border.

That's why the cartels are fighting among themselves. They wouldn't be fighting over a closed or controlled or enforced border, they're fighting over a very lucrative and very open border.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:57 AM

One of my neighbors just kind of disappeared. His girlfriend says that he was found dead over in Juarez but of course that's not confirmed by any official sources. He was into some petty drug dealing and he said he owed money to someone and he was beat up and threatened before he disappeared. But he could just as easily be anywhere in the USA with a new identity. He wasn't even illegal, he had a green card.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:11 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,401,746 times
Unfortunately the story in the OP comes out of Omaha. Fremont, Nebraska, 30 miles from Omaha tried to pass a city ordinance. Well, it was passed but not initiated due to pending court cases.
The liberal media in this area is appalling. Any comments I try to post never show up. The rhetoric is unbelievable. I have to believe Nebraska won't be a red state much longer at this point. Anyone that looks sideways at someone supporting illegals is ridiculed. And jobs for those that didn't attend college pay crap.

We have a town of 2000 people that used to be a great little town. My ex-husband was one of the 3 cops there. Now that town has a SWAT team. Unbelievable.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:44 PM

What's so utterly bizarre - the USA is close to a depression. In many areas, you can see a place opening up some positions, maybe 5 jobs and 500 people show up trying to be hired. Right and left Americans are losing their homes, unemployment checks are being cut off to the longer-time unemployed. Inflation is raising it's ugly head - food prices are soaring. Americans are running out of gas trying to get to their jobs because the gas prices are through the roof.

Yet what are the politicians doing?

All they're doing is using that same stale line that Americans are too damned lazy to ever want to work that illegals must be brought in, given free college tuition so they can take the high paying jobs that no American would ever want. And of course illegals are poor, we must have much sympathy for them, get them all the food stamps, WIC and Medicaid when they come here to give birth instead of to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration