U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 04:55 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,496,803 times

Advertisements

To celebrate the event I plan to ride around dragging A MEXICAN FLAG behind my car......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 05:06 PM

16 posts, read 17,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Cause Guatemala has NO money and did NOTHING with there land once they blew off Mexico. The USA built what used to be Mexico into something decent so the Mexicans are butt hurt.
Bingo! You hit the nail exactly on the head my friend !!!

It's not the "land" that the Illegal's want.... it's the infrastructure that America has in place, which obviously includes the massive social services that they are able to receive which helps them enjoy the very same "infrastructure"

....I doubt the masses of poverty stricken would still be coming here if it was as undeveloped as Mexico(still) is.

The REAL disgrace and shame here is the utter failure of the ruling political parties ( for what? the last 50-70 years - at least..) in Mexico to develop Mexico's economy into something that can sustain it's people and be a country that that it's citizens can be proud of on an international level.

It's an utter disgrace that the Mexican goverment and the small number of ultra rich Mexican families are in cahoots to continue their own personal enrichment at the expense of the remaining 99% of the population.

That's the situation the the US Goverment should address with Mexico's leaders.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:28 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,226,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1958Native View Post
Bingo! You hit the nail exactly on the head my friend !!!

It's not the "land" that the Illegal's want.... it's the infrastructure that America has in place, which obviously includes the massive social services that they are able to receive which helps them enjoy the very same "infrastructure"

....I doubt the masses of poverty stricken would still be coming here if it was as undeveloped as Mexico(still) is.

The REAL disgrace and shame here is the utter failure of the ruling political parties ( for what? the last 50-70 years - at least..) in Mexico to develop Mexico's economy into something that can sustain it's people and be a country that that it's citizens can be proud of on an international level.

It's an utter disgrace that the Mexican goverment and the small number of ultra rich Mexican families are in cahoots to continue their own personal enrichment at the expense of the remaining 99% of the population.

That's the situation the the US Goverment should address with Mexico's leaders.
I agree, why isn't our government addressing economic solvency for Mexico with the government of Mexico rather than us having to absorb their poor population? Oh, that's right they want the cheap labor here in spite of how it affects our own citizens.

Another question comes to mind is why aren't Mexicans in Mexico demanding change in their own country? I guess it is just too easy to take the easy way out and come here instead. Doesn't show any courage or committment to their own homeland, does it?

Old 05-02-2011, 05:34 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,043,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
...You might see an anchor baby whose parents came here illegally 25 years ago from Oaxaca and are 3/4 Zapotec Indian claiming that we are "trespassing" on "their" homeland...
There is an indigenous group from Oaxaca (bonus points for pronouncing that correctly) that illegally cross into El Paso. Grandmother-aged females, with young babies (to get more sympathy), go to places like Cielo Vista Mall, then create a disturbance at the end of the day when they want to be driven back to the border crossing. The Border Patrol can't even communicate with them, because they don't understand Spanish or English, and no agent speaks their dialect.

When agents see smaller barefoot prints in the fence cuts, they know the group has got through again...

The local Border Patrol think it has been more than 50 or 60 times some of them have crossed, in particular their matriarch...

Old 05-02-2011, 05:37 PM

33,151 posts, read 30,412,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I'm not talking about Cesar Chavez Street...

Geographical names...
There is a street name for almost every word in the dictionary. It's bizarre how you correlate any of them to illegal immigration.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You think Mexicans named our streets?
Good question. It was the Spaniards from Europe who did, not Mexicans.
The Spaniards from Europe named our streets?...

Old 05-02-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
There is a street name for almost every word in the dictionary. It's bizarre how you correlate any of them to illegal immigration.
Sigh...

"Geographical: of or pertaining to the natural features, population, industries, etc., of a region or regions."...

Old 05-02-2011, 06:18 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,226,785 times
Quote:
The Spaniards from Europe named our streets?...
You are aware that many Spaniards from Europe came over settled in areas of the U.S. and what is now modern day Mexico long ago, aren't you?

Here is just one tiny example of how the Spaniards influenced the southwest and how we came to have streets and areas with Spanish names.

The name California was first given to the Baja California peninsula by the Spanish explorer Hernan Cortes in the early sixteenth century and was later applied to more northern areas. The word was derived from the name of an imaginary island in a popular Spanish romance of the time.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:23 PM

33,151 posts, read 30,412,256 times
Quote:
Sigh...

"Geographical: of or pertaining to the natural features, population, industries, etc., of a region or regions."...

This is why threads get closed, derailment. I hope that isn't your intent.

I hope there are massive marches with Mexican and Guatemalan flags waving. It will kill any form of amnesty.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
This is why threads get closed, derailment. I hope that isn't your intent...
My intent was to correct an improper definition...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or