U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2011, 02:41 AM

2,799 posts, read 5,291,792 times

Advertisements

Yes, I know that graffiti is not a problem commited only by illegal immigrants, but since so many Hispanic gangs have a high proportion of illegal immigrant members, and these gangs are largely responsible for graffiti, this article fits in this category.

Its just one more example of how many in society are lauding, applauding and promoting illegal activities which are often carried out by illegals.

"Law-abiding families avoid graffiti-blighted public parks, driven away by the spirit-killing ugliness of graffiti as much as by its criminality."

"But MOCA's hypocrisy in glorifying a crime that it would never tolerate on its own property is easily matched by the two-faced behavior of graffiti vandals themselves."

"I've never written on my own house," a former tagger from Gardena's Graffiti Bandits Krew told me. He was waiting to get his tattoos removed at Homeboy Industries downtown. "I wouldn't like it if someone else did it on my house."

Another ex-tagger from Graffiti 'N' Drugs in Pico Rivera... "Why would you want to [ louse] up your own house?" he asked me. "That's why you go out and mess up other people's cities."

MOCA's: The museum's graffiti exhibit sends the wrong message - latimes.com

Old 05-01-2011, 08:20 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,222,933 times
I used to tag things while a kid back in LA. Never got caught. Now I know better and WILL call the copa if I see tagging.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:33 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,374,583 times
MOCA stands for Museum Of Contemporary Art and it's from downtown LA. It does NOT stand for Migration Of Criminal Aliens. No matter how you want to twist it, this is not an illegal immigration issue. This is goes to show how people stereotype illegal immigrants.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:28 PM

2,799 posts, read 5,291,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
MOCA stands for Museum Of Contemporary Art and it's from downtown LA. It does NOT stand for Migration Of Criminal Aliens. No matter how you want to twist it, this is not an illegal immigration issue. This is goes to show how people stereotype illegal immigrants.
Yes, it IS an illegal immigrant issue. Illegal immigrants make up a large proportion of the Hispanic gangs. These gangs tag and graffiti to mark their territory, kind of like dogs pis*ing on a wall or tree...

Criminal Illegal Immigrant Gangs Infest U.S.

Group Links Gang Activity in Va. to Illegal Immigrants - washingtonpost.com

Illegal Immigration: Drugs, Gangs and Crime - Civitas Institute

Taking Back the Streets: ICE and Local Law Enforcement Target Immigrant Gangs | Center for Immigration Studies

The Human Cost of Illegal Immigration – Out of the Shadows, Into the Morgue | All American Blogger

National Gangs
Moderator cut: not an illegal immigration issue. Closed

Last edited by Yac; 05-02-2011 at 03:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration