Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 01:52 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
And many of us Hispanics dont like illegal aliens and vote Repub to.

You tell'em
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 02:06 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,096 times
Quote:
Right in Russell Pearce's district (but living closer to his former pal J.T. Ready), I wondered how he was getting re-elected...

Your colleagues feel the Hispanic vote is under-represented, so you had better "Get Out the Vote"...

But they probably wouldn't like that either...

Old 05-02-2011, 05:29 PM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Before the massive invasion most Hispanics voted Republican. I was saddened so many switched based on immigration.

But, as expected, they got lied to anyway.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:42 PM

187 posts, read 181,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, there isn't! The current census puts them at 50 million, total total. At least 1/4 or 1/3 are illegal aliens and another segment are too young to vote. How do you figure that is a big voting force when the article itself stated there are way less than 10% that voted? You do know that there are over 300 million Americans altogether, don't you?

Here is an article that reflects the views of most Hispanics on illegal immigration. I don't know what a pro-"undocumented" is, however.

Poll: Immigration splits Americans

1/4 to 1/3 of all americans of spanish descent, counted in the most recent census, undocumented????? where do you get your numbers. I worked as an enumerator in 2000 in New Brunswick, NJ, and since I am of spanish descent I was assigned a heavily spanish neighborhood, with an estimated population of 150 mostly undocumented from mexico, of those only 12 were counted, and they all had green card, beleive me, undocumented never trust government employees, an infimal part of them
are actually registered in the census up to 2-3%. In a separate subject, regarding the importance of the spanish-american vote, let me inform you that the balance of power in the USA for presidential elections is currently (+/-) 1 to 4 million voters, next year there will be over 25 million potential voters of spanish descent (leaning more democrat day by day), don't you think that is more than enough to make a difference??

Old 05-02-2011, 06:07 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
1/4 to 1/3 of all americans of spanish descent, counted in the most recent census, undocumented????? where do you get your numbers. I worked as an enumerator in 2000 in New Brunswick, NJ, and since I am of spanish descent I was assigned a heavily spanish neighborhood, with an estimated population of 150 mostly undocumented from mexico, of those only 12 were counted, and they all had green card, beleive me, undocumented never trust government employees, an infimal part of them
are actually registered in the census up to 2-3%. In a separate subject, regarding the importance of the spanish-american vote, let me inform you that the balance of power in the USA for presidential elections is currently (+/-) 1 to 4 million voters, next year there will be over 25 million potential voters of spanish descent (leaning more democrat day by day), don't you think that is more than enough to make a difference??
How can there be 25 million potential Hispanic voters when in the census count it indicated only 50 million Hispanics in the country total, total? Many of those were illegal aliens and many of them are too young to vote. 25 million vs a non-hispanic population of over 260 million? Do the math!

Yeah, we know why Hispanics are mostly Democrats one of the reasons it that the Democrats are pro-amnesty.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:30 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Right in Russell Pearce's district (but living closer to his former pal J.T. Ready), I wondered how he was getting re-elected...

Your colleagues feel the Hispanic vote is under-represented, so you had better "Get Out the Vote"...

But they probably wouldn't like that either...
Im cool with Pearce He speaks for me, la raza dont anymore.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:32 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
Nope.

Many of us Chicanos DONT like illegal aliens and more and more anglos an Blacks are the same way.

The Hispanic vote aint locked up. Especialy with Obama NOT getting his CIR amnesty passed. Quite a few Latinos dont like the Dems today.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:33 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,629 times
All I see in amnesty....is people who are illegal having more rights then legal American citizens.
It's sickening.
Biggest problem also is you can't just give 15 million people citizenship instantly without wrecking the who voting system....
Gee who do you think they will vote for.........

This is the only country in the world that is so stupid when it comes to illegals.
What a joke!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:01 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Before the massive invasion most Hispanics voted Republican. I was saddened so many switched based on immigration.

But, as expected, they got lied to anyway.
I doubt many switched. They're just becoming outnumbered by the new arrivals.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:25 AM

187 posts, read 181,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
How can there be 25 million potential Hispanic voters when in the census count it indicated only 50 million Hispanics in the country total, total? Many of those were illegal aliens and many of them are too young to vote. 25 million vs a non-hispanic population of over 260 million? Do the math!

Yeah, we know why Hispanics are mostly Democrats one of the reasons it that the Democrats are pro-amnesty.

I referred to 50% of the legal hispanic population, and you claim is a high estimate, however you claim over 100% of the remaining population(no blacks or other minorities ), ha,ha,ha, what a joke, not even the idiots at Fox make these claims, like I said presidential elections sway to one party or the other with several million voters, 25 million voters will definetely attract the attention of everyone at stake, BTW, spanish tend to vote in higher percentages than anglos.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration