U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-01-2011, 07:41 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Super-Economy: Hispanic voters are few compared to anti-illegal immigration voters

Most analysts support amnesty for illegal immigrants, so their analysis and commentary is biased towards the arguments that Republicans should not pursue tougher enforcement policies, least they anger the growing "Hispanic vote". This includes supposedly conservative Fox News.

The truth is that while the Hispanic vote is certainly growing, for the foreseeable future the Hispanic vote is a negligible when compared to the anti-illegal immigration vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-02-2011, 03:21 AM
 
3,847 posts, read 3,162,024 times
Reputation: 2440
There are Americans of Hispanic ancestry that are also moderates and conservatives and oppose Illegal aliens also.

Even though at times it's assumed that they're united in support of the Illegal Alien agenda they have also seen the negatives of unchecked illegal immigration and had to experience deteriorating neighborhoods and infrastructure associated with it.

As for Illegals they can't vote anyway. The LAST thing they want is the General Public to vote on this issue as they would lose.

That's why they're hoping for a political deal, sympathy ploy or an executive order. As they realize they're lost without it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2011, 04:29 AM
 
Location: New Hampshire
4,827 posts, read 4,647,268 times
Reputation: 3583
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post

As for Illegals they can't vote anyway. The LAST thing they want is the General Public to vote on this issue as they would lose.
Last year over 5000 illegal aliens voted in Colorado ALONE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2011, 04:36 AM
 
3,847 posts, read 3,162,024 times
Reputation: 2440
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Last year over 5000 illegal aliens voted in Colorado ALONE.
That's something that should definitely be looked into and those involved should be arrested then deported.

Now that Osama has been killed it will be interesting to see what Obama tries to take on next.

Hopefully this great news buries the pro -Illegal agenda for quite awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2011, 04:44 AM
 
Location: New Hampshire
4,827 posts, read 4,647,268 times
Reputation: 3583
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
That's something that should definitely be looked into and those involved should be arrested then deported.

Now that Osama has been killed it will be interesting to see what Obama tries to take on next.

Hopefully this great news buries the pro -Illegal agenda for quite awhile.

Why do I have a feeling that agenda will not die...I have a feeling this man is going to try and use his new found "glory" to try and gain support to put his Dream Act into place as well as other things...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2011, 04:49 AM
 
3,847 posts, read 3,162,024 times
Reputation: 2440
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Why do I have a feeling that agenda will not die...I have a feeling this man is going to try and use his new found "glory" to try and gain support to put his Dream Act into place as well as other things...
You maybe right, but it WILL reverse any gains he has made by the recent death of Osama and will be the end of his Presidency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2011, 05:06 AM
 
Location: New Hampshire
4,827 posts, read 4,647,268 times
Reputation: 3583
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
You maybe right, but it WILL reverse any gains he has made by the recent death of Osama and will be the end of his Presidency.
I am not giving him any credit for what happened... even though he used a bunch of "Is" I did this, I did that, I ...blah blah blah.

I am not giving Bush credit either.. Those ones whose boots were on the ground are the ones who are going to get a thumbs up from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2011, 08:11 AM
 
187 posts, read 151,783 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Super-Economy: Hispanic voters are few compared to anti-illegal immigration voters

Most analysts support amnesty for illegal immigrants, so their analysis and commentary is biased towards the arguments that Republicans should not pursue tougher enforcement policies, least they anger the growing "Hispanic vote". This includes supposedly conservative Fox News.

The truth is that while the Hispanic vote is certainly growing, for the foreseeable future the Hispanic vote is a negligible when compared to the anti-illegal immigration vote.
No matter how you spin it, there are more than 50 million legal spanish descendant people in usa, and possibly 20 million undocumented people of spanish and non spanish descent, that's a big force, but what's the implicarion? that if you are spanish you are pro undocumented?? who told you that?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2011, 08:47 AM
 
Location: Maryland
18,563 posts, read 15,774,500 times
Reputation: 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Super-Economy: Hispanic voters are few compared to anti-illegal immigration voters

Most analysts support amnesty for illegal immigrants, so their analysis and commentary is biased towards the arguments that Republicans should not pursue tougher enforcement policies, least they anger the growing "Hispanic vote". This includes supposedly conservative Fox News.

The truth is that while the Hispanic vote is certainly growing, for the foreseeable future the Hispanic vote is a negligible when compared to the anti-illegal immigration vote.
I've been saying that for two years on Internet boards. The Hispanic vote is over hyped. As long as the GOP frames this issue as a jobs issue they will be ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2011, 08:59 AM
 
Location: Maryland
18,563 posts, read 15,774,500 times
Reputation: 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
No matter how you spin it, there are more than 50 million legal spanish descendant people in usa, and possibly 20 million undocumented people of spanish and non spanish descent, that's a big force, but what's the implicarion? that if you are spanish you are pro undocumented?? who told you that?????
Um no. There are 50 million Hispanics of whom 11 to 20 million are illegals. there are probably another 5 to 10 million legal Hispanics who are not citizens.
Then you have the fact that even among citizen Hispanics they have considerably lower turnout than Blacks & Whites. So during the last presidential election around 7% of the electorate was Hispanic, little more than half of the Black percentage.

These phenomenon played out starkly in Arizona during the last gubernatorial race. Jan Brewer won by 20 points in a state that is 1/3 Hispanic. She was heading towards defeat before she signed AB 1070. It's ironic that signing the most stringent immigration law in the nation led her to victory in one of the most Hispanic states in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top