U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-09-2011, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,030,390 times
Reputation: 601

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Why don't you take up your concerns with our government rather than babbling on about this all the time in the forum? Most of us in here are concerned about illegal entry and visa overstayers, period. I don't think most of us are interested in the technicalities of our immigraton laws but the respect and enforcement of them. No wonder ALIPAC got fed up.
As long as I stay on-topic I should be able to post. You don't have to read or respond to what I put up. I also chose the topics on the forum I read and respond to, and am not going to told which topics to reply.

Still keeping on-topic, the "paperwork" for a K-3 (and other "non-immigrant" visas) is an imprinted page in the foreign passport. Only the visa type is listed ("K-3"), not about any relationship or spouse's name it may be bound to. To highlight what this means, another story (relevant to illegal immigration because of the agents involved, I'll keep it briefer than I can too):

On my family's second vehicle stop by the Border Patrol, the agent approached the passenger side where my wife was seated, and greeted us in Spanish. She handed him all of our passports (we had them out, in case we needed them at a permanent checkpoint several miles back): "Here are all the documents.". The agent immediately returned the two U.S. passports (mine, and a boyfriend of my eldest stepdaughter traveling with us), U.S. citizenship was proven there, and returned towards his vehicle with the Mexican passports.

Since he had returned mine, he had no point of reference for my wife's name, or our relationship. Clearly he and his partner didn't understand what the visa type was, and returned to question us, almost going to a "consent to search". The stop lasted over 25 minutes total, despite all of our "papers" being in order, and answering all of their questions.

Do you want to put that mess to any school administration trying to figure it out? Pull out a foreign passport to show your kid is qualified to be taught? Better educate all of the DMV offices too, because they will have to calculate how long they can issue a driver's license if the visa has an expiration date shorter than four years (or whatever for the license term) later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-09-2011, 03:48 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,192,202 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
As long as I stay on-topic I should be able to post. You don't have to read or respond to what I put up. I also chose the topics on the forum I read and respond to, and am not going to told which topics to reply.

Still keeping on-topic, the "paperwork" for a K-3 (and other "non-immigrant" visas) is an imprinted page in the foreign passport. Only the visa type is listed ("K-3"), not about any relationship or spouse's name it may be bound to. To highlight what this means, another story (relevant to illegal immigration because of the agents involved, I'll keep it briefer than I can too):

On my family's second vehicle stop by the Border Patrol, the agent approached the passenger side where my wife was seated, and greeted us in Spanish. She handed him all of our passports (we had them out, in case we needed them at a permanent checkpoint several miles back): "Here are all the documents.". The agent immediately returned the two U.S. passports (mine, and a boyfriend of my eldest stepdaughter traveling with us), U.S. citizenship was proven there, and returned towards his vehicle with the Mexican passports.

Since he had returned mine, he had no point of reference for my wife's name, or our relationship. Clearly he and his partner didn't understand what the visa type was, and returned to question us, almost going to a "consent to search". The stop lasted over 25 minutes total, despite all of our "papers" being in order, and answering all of their questions.

Do you want to put that mess to any school administration trying to figure it out? Pull out a foreign passport to show your kid is qualified to be taught? Better educate all of the DMV offices too, because they will have to calculate how long they can issue a driver's license if the visa has an expiration date shorter than four years (or whatever for the license term) later.
All I am saying is that this is the illegal immigration forum and yet you continue to talk endlessly about the ins and outs and the complexities of legal immigration. That really isn't staying on topic and is high jacking this forum IMO. I never once told you which topics you could and could not reply to although I have noticed which ones you avoid like the plague.

Just like your story above what has it to do with illegal entry into our country? Wouldn't this be a better discussion for the legal immigration forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2011, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,030,390 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
...Just like your story above what has it to do with illegal entry into our country?
It was a vehicle stop by the Border Patrol, which means a presumption by the agents that someone is an illegal alien...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2011, 04:02 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,192,202 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
It was a vehicle stop by the Border Patrol, which means a presumption by the agents that someone is an illegal alien...
Just getting stopped by the Border Patrol doesn't "presume" someone in the car is an illegal. Besides your family are legals so in the end did they get taken into custody? Why do their questions bother you so much? They do it to protect our country from illegal entry. You might try getting that chip off your shoulder and considering that aspect of it for a change.

This may be remotely related to illegal immigration but most all of your posts are not. If we wanted to discuss legal immigration in here we wouldn't need the illegal immigration forum, now would we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2011, 04:06 PM
 
Location: New Hampshire
4,828 posts, read 4,670,287 times
Reputation: 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Just getting stopped by the Border Patrol doesn't "presume" someone in the car is an illegal. Besides your family are legals so in the end did they get taken into custody? Why do their questions bother you so much? They do it to protect our country from illegal entry. You might try getting that chip off your shoulder and considering that aspect of it for a change.

This may be remotely related to illegal immigration but most all of your posts are not. If we wanted to discuss legal immigration in here we wouldn't need the illegal immigration forum, now would we?

Remember... it goes like this:
When someone doesn't like what is being said about something, or if they realize they can't argue with common sense, they always attempt to distract everyone from the real issue.

Remember the "race card", "they are just doing the jobs Americans won't do" card, "Native Americans were here first and everyone that came here after them is in illegal immigrant" card..and it never ends. Or they talk about legal immigration instead...though it hmm has nothing to do what is being discussed here.

Does that sound familiar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2011, 04:06 PM
 
Location: San Diego
33,003 posts, read 30,272,140 times
Reputation: 17817
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
It was a vehicle stop by the Border Patrol, which means a presumption by the agents that someone is an illegal alien...
No more so than being stopped cause I have brown skin. That is the job, as in that's what we pay them to do. You should be glad they are doing what we pay them to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2011, 04:16 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,192,202 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Remember... it goes like this:
When someone doesn't like what is being said about something, or if they realize they can't argue with common sense, they always attempt to distract everyone from the real issue.

Remember the "race card", "they are just doing the jobs Americans won't do" card, "Native Americans were here first and everyone that came here after them is in illegal immigrant" card..and it never ends. Or they talk about legal immigration instead...though it hmm has nothing to do what is being discussed here.

Does that sound familiar?
Yes, and avoiding any of the topics that deal with the very real and negative aspects of illegal immigration such as the one about those Hispanic advocates that don't want fingerprinting of any illegal aliens or those with crime stats or the billions in taxpayer funds they are costing us.

If I wanted to continually talk about the different kinds of visas and status' of legal immigrants I wouldn't be doing it in this forum.

We are all guilty of getting off topic from time to time but just sayin.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2011, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,030,390 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Just getting stopped by the Border Patrol doesn't "presume" someone in the car is an illegal...
Specifically a Border Patrol vehicle stop does, what else can they stop you for? I haven't introduced ethnicity into the topic, nor is it possible here: The agents are mostly unaware of any specifics until they see who is inside (there was a specific suspicious behavior that caught their attention in this instance, forgone for the sake of brevity), and the average skin tone of my family is about the same as Chris Simcox.

If there is a suggestion that school administrations screen for valid residency of would-be students, they need to be familiar with the visa categories. "Enforcement-only" fellers don't think of any nuances needing to be done. When you're a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Or a screw that they still think they can get in place...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2011, 05:06 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,378,223 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Remember... it goes like this:
When someone doesn't like what is being said about something, or if they realize they can't argue with common sense, they always attempt to distract everyone from the real issue.

Remember the "race card", "they are just doing the jobs Americans won't do" card, "Native Americans were here first and everyone that came here after them is in illegal immigrant" card..and it never ends. Or they talk about legal immigration instead...though it hmm has nothing to do what is being discussed here.

Does that sound familiar?

Two words! THANK YOU!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2011, 05:08 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,378,223 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
No more so than being stopped cause I have brown skin. That is the job, as in that's what we pay them to do. You should be glad they are doing what we pay them to do.




Your right, thanks, because they do have a job to do, and this is why they get paid to do that job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top