U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-09-2011, 06:11 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,920 posts, read 30,173,166 times
Reputation: 17742

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Your right, thanks, because they do have a job to do, and this is why they get paid to do that job.
Exactly, if I have a big cargo van with no windows I expect to go to secondary. Since the majority of illegals are from S.O.B I expect them to be looking mostly for people that used to live there. What's so hard about answering some questions?


Where are you from, do you have any illegal immigrants, are you carrying anything banned? Unless you are an illegal you don't have any real worries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-09-2011, 07:05 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,020,887 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Exactly, if I have a big cargo van with no windows I expect to go to secondary. Since the majority of illegals are from S.O.B I expect them to be looking mostly for people that used to live there. What's so hard about answering some questions?

Where are you from, do you have any illegal immigrants, are you carrying anything banned? Unless you are an illegal you don't have any real worries.
Not a Border Patrol checkpoint (2% of the total apprehensions, using 6% of the Border Patrol resources), a Border Patrol vehicle stop. A vehicle stop is specifically for a presumption that at least one illegal alien is present (Border Patrol Handbook). We were in a passenger vehicle, my third Border Patrol vehicle stop was for it "matching the description" of a "BOLO" (Be On the LookOut).

For those saying that SB1070 wouldn't profile, you sure want the Border Patrol to use the tactic...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2011, 07:06 PM
 
12,870 posts, read 12,794,784 times
Reputation: 4446
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I'm sure you'd love to blame President Obama for this, but in fact this is required by Supreme Court precedent on this very question.
and of course lawmakers can't actually change the laws, right?

i remember something about him being a senator before he became president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2011, 07:07 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Not a Border Patrol checkpoint (2% of the total apprehensions, using 6% of the Border Patrol resources), a Border Patrol vehicle stop. A vehicle stop is specifically for a presumption that at least one illegal alien is present (Border Patrol Handbook). We were in a passenger vehicle, my third Border Patrol vehicle stop was for it "matching the description" of a "BOLO" (Be On the LookOut).

For those saying that SB1070 wouldn't profile, you sure want the Border Patrol to use the tactic...
It's called criminal profiling, not racial profiling. Law enforcement do it all the time and it's not against the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2011, 08:12 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,020,887 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It's called criminal profiling, not racial profiling. Law enforcement do it all the time and it's not against the law.
To "criminal profile", it has to be a defined crime, and investigators using behavior analysis trying to determine the narrowest set of suspects (more typically called "offender profiling"). You are misusing the term. What are the behaviors and standards you are using in your profiling?

What is the "crime" as it pertains to the Border Patrol?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2011, 08:53 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
To "criminal profile", it has to be a defined crime, and investigators using behavior analysis trying to determine the narrowest set of suspects (more typically called "offender profiling"). You are misusing the term. What are the behaviors and standards you are using in your profiling?

What is the "crime" as it pertains to the Border Patrol?...
Why didn't you ask the Border Patrol that stopped you? I didn't say that in your case it was criminal profiling because I have no way of knowing. I was generalizing where the pro-illegals call everything racial profiling. I can understand the fear from an illegal but legal Hispanics have nothing to fear because if they have any brains like the rest of us they will carry a valid DL or other I.D. on them. No matter how you try to white-wash it the Hispanics who scream racial profiling are only trying to protect their illegal brethern. No one has to seek psychiatric help from being questioned by LE, Border Patrol, etc. even if it is for 20 minutes if they have nothing to hide. These Hispanic advocates fool no one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2011, 03:47 AM
Yac
 
5,877 posts, read 6,307,966 times
What happened to the topic of the thread ? To remind those that seem to have forgotten: it's about all kids, regardless of their immigration status, receiving K-12 education.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2011, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
8,088 posts, read 7,349,356 times
Reputation: 6650
Consider If we illegally enter another country and work there under the table paying only sales taxes on purchases but not contributing to Federal or State income taxes and other requirements.

Do we deserve to have our children educated at the expense of the host country?

Last edited by Felix C; 05-10-2011 at 08:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2011, 08:08 AM
 
Location: somewhere
4,264 posts, read 7,948,563 times
Reputation: 3129
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Not a Border Patrol checkpoint (2% of the total apprehensions, using 6% of the Border Patrol resources), a Border Patrol vehicle stop. A vehicle stop is specifically for a presumption that at least one illegal alien is present (Border Patrol Handbook). We were in a passenger vehicle, my third Border Patrol vehicle stop was for it "matching the description" of a "BOLO" (Be On the LookOut).

For those saying that SB1070 wouldn't profile, you sure want the Border Patrol to use the tactic...

It doesn't matter whether it was a checkpoint or not, for some reason or another your vehicle drew their attention, as another poster said "if you are doing nothing illegal, then why the issue?" Just answer their questions, provide the documentation they ask for and be on your merry way. BTW how did you come up with a Border Patrol handbook?

In response to the OP, if you live in our country legally then you should be provided an education, you live in our country illegally, then no you don't. If your parents want you to have an education then I suggest they go through the process like others seeking to live in the US legally have to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2011, 08:22 AM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,247,333 times
Reputation: 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Consider If we illegally enter another country and work there under the table paying only sales taxes on purchses but not contributing to Federal or State income taxes and other requirements.

Do we deserve to have our children educated at the expense of the host country?
Exactly! It's crazy hearing about budget cuts, teacher layoffs, increasing classroom sizes and yet the government expects taxpayers to support millions of illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top