Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 08:35 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,753 times

Advertisements

WASHINGTON - The Congressional Hispanic Caucus is adding its voice to those who want the federal government to stop checking fingerprints of people booked at local and state jails to find immigrants who can be deported.[LEFT]
Read more: Hispanics want to halt use of fingerprints in deportation efforts

Not this Hispanic.

That Caucus is becoming my enemy. I think they HATE Chicanos.
[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 10:12 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,315,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
WASHINGTON - The Congressional Hispanic Caucus is adding its voice to those who want the federal government to stop checking fingerprints of people booked at local and state jails to find immigrants who can be deported.[LEFT]
Read more: Hispanics want to halt use of fingerprints in deportation efforts

Not this Hispanic.

That Caucus is becoming my enemy. I think they HATE Chicanos.
[/LEFT]
Unbelievable! Wish there was a way to deport these anti-American so-called citizens out of our country.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:17 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Unbelievable! Wish there was a way to deport these anti-American so-called citizens out of our country.
Chicanos?...

Old 05-06-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Chicanos?...
Some Chicanos: the Hispanic Caucus. They need to go away cause they HATE us American Latinos. And like the illegals from Mexico.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:40 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Some Chicanos: the Hispanic Caucus. They need to go away cause they HATE us American Latinos...
To be truly defined as "Chicano/Chicana" they would have to be American-born of parents born in Mexico. Otherwise the label is incorrect. You call yourself 'Chicano', correct?

Old 05-07-2011, 06:33 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
The "chicano" label started back in the 1960's I believe. And it was not for anchor babies, it was often used by those who followed Cesar Chavez and he was not about open borders -- not at all. And Cesar Chavez's group was not comprised of illegal aliens.

In fact I have never met any chicanos who were born in Mexico or whose parents were both born there, maybe one grandparent. Virtually all chicanos I've ever known had roots in the USA going back at least to the 1950s, some back to the 1910s and beyond. One chicana did have a dad from northern Mexico but her mom's family was here for many generations or maybe always.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:27 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,315,893 times
Quote:
To be truly defined as "Chicano/Chicana" they would have to be American-born of parents born in Mexico. Otherwise the label is incorrect. You call yourself 'Chicano', correct?
It doesn't matter if these traitorous citizens are of Mexican ancestry or not. Any American who wants any or all measures removed to enforce our immigration laws fit the above description.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:32 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,677,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It doesn't matter if these traitorous citizens are of Mexican ancestry or not. Any American who wants any or all measures removed to enforce our immigration laws fit the above description.
I agree!

Typical liberal..always trying to distract everyone when they can't find a reason to argue with common sense.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Nope. A Chicano can have parents here 2, 3, 4 generations. Some Cholos I used to know were that way. My moms mother WAS an illegal from Juarez but got amnesty in 1986 and she was mostly Aztec.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:09 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,068 times
It would appear that some anti-Americans wish to put a halt to anything that hinders the flow of illegals into this country. And some more try to muddy the issue by changing the course of the discussion. You know, the pro-illegal groups out only for their own agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration