U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 12:10 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,096,522 times

Advertisements

I personally feel disrespected. They talk down our language & culture and look to pick fights with Americans.

I am fed up with them.

They try to use our laws against us, and use it as a reason for them to break them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 07:10 PM

2,176 posts, read 862,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I personally feel disrespected. They talk down our language & culture and look to pick fights with Americans.

I am fed up with them.

They try to use our laws against us, and use it as a reason for them to break them.
Amen

Old 05-19-2011, 08:56 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
...The fact is that someone entering here LEGALLY was pulled in for three hours of questioning, who, I might re-emphasize, has NO criminal record, NO connection to any type of terrorist organization and is a 19 year old young woman who doesn't drink or use drugs...
When detentions start affecting your ethnicity you become more concerned about them? To reflect the oft-used cliché back at you, if she wasn't doing anything wrong, what are you worried about? Aren't the agents just doing their jobs?

Old 05-19-2011, 09:49 PM

4,070 posts, read 4,964,859 times
I've lived in an area for a long time where there are alot of illegals and there is also alot of gang violence and drug trafficking. The sole source of the gang and drug problems are the illegals. There's a town not to far from where I live that has a population of 14000, yet it has several gang shootings a week. All of the gang violence there is perpetuated by illegal latinos. There's a city that interconnects with mine that has a lot of gang problems and it has been getting a lot worse as the illegal latinos keep moving in. Pro illegals make me even more opposed to illegal immigration since they're always spouting the nonsense that illegals come here to 'make a better life' or any of that other garbage. Case in point, the town of Sunnyside, which has one of the highest gang and crime problems in Washington state. It's the kind of town where you don't go into unless you're a monolingual hispanic gang member. The city set up a gang ordinance a couple of years ago that drastically lowered the gang activity, but then all of the Seattle liberals with their heads full of air decided to call it unconstitutional and stopped the officers from enforcing it. Now the gang violence and drugs have gone back to what they were before.

Last edited by agnostic soldier; 05-19-2011 at 09:57 PM..

Old 05-20-2011, 08:46 AM

2,798 posts, read 5,361,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
When detentions start affecting your ethnicity you become more concerned about them? To reflect the oft-used cliché back at you, if she wasn't doing anything wrong, what are you worried about? Aren't the agents just doing their jobs?
When the detention is caused due to a screw-up on the side of the government, then yes, it concerns me, especially when they admitted at the end that it was their fault. It shouldn't have taken 3 hours of intimidating a 19 year old girl to admit their fault. In case you aren't aware, an ESTA is filed electronically before flying so that the government can review the passengers for criminal backgrounds, terrorists connections, immigration violations or failed immigration applications. She was guilty of none of these. Their system had a glitch when her ESTA was submitted, THAT IS ALL! She also has a stamped passport showing she is here in this country LEGALLY! If stopped on the street she will have no problem showing that to prove it.

Last edited by Cyanna; 05-20-2011 at 09:43 AM..

Old 05-20-2011, 09:58 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
...If stopped on the street she will have no problem showing that to prove it.
Except if there is a "glitch" in the system or some other hindrance when that happens. Selecting her for more questioning sounds exactly right if the information they have access to didn't match up. This is how checkpoints should operate, with no profiling or assumptions in screening everyone.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:02 AM

2,798 posts, read 5,361,547 times
Quote:
Except if there is a "glitch" in the system or some other hindrance when that happens. Selecting her for more questioning sounds exactly right if the information they have access to didn't match up. This is how checkpoints should operate, with no profiling or assumptions in screening everyone.
I agree. But there were no discrepencies on her part and she has entered and exited this country before with no problems. It took them 3 hours and a missed flight before they would finally say, "Sorry, our mistake!" It was bulls**t! If they would put in as much dedication at the borders we wouldn't have the ILLEGAL immigrant problem that we do.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:31 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,133,484 times
Quote:
A particular event, upbringing, location, outlook, family member, or perception? This is "freestyle", so be as descriptive as possible. I've heard the stances, I just want to know more of the "why" about you.
Many years ago (35) I worked for a business while going to night school. They had many illegal women working there and they were some of the most hateful, rude, viscious women I had ever encountered. They ran with their own pack, refused to even try to speak English, would undercut and undermine the American workers there. They spit on our flag as well, and made little to hide their hatred of anyone white or black for that matter. It simply spoiled my impression of illegals. I did have some great hispanic friends back then, but they were all Americans.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:48 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,133,484 times
Why is it hateful to want to protect ones borders and culture? Why is it hateful to uphold the laws of our country? How many hispanic activist want to rid the country of all white people? Is this hateful?

Old 05-21-2011, 11:36 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,237,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Why is it hateful to want to protect ones borders and culture? Why is it hateful to uphold the laws of our country? How many hispanic activist want to rid the country of all white people? Is this hateful?
Maybe Mexico needs a taste of its own medicine. Lots of low class anglos going there ILLEGALLY and DEMANDING things. WAIT: Mexico already has lots of white people owning everything, they're the Mexican bosses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or